z

Young Writers Society

Here we go...

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:48 pm
.:Elf:. says...

I've been here long enough, about time I posted one of these things.

All right, I'm Elf. I live in California and am homeschooled. I'm the crazy girl who owns tarantula's, scorpions, and lizards. Used to have a snake, but the poor guy isnt here any longer.

I started writing when I was seven, just short stories about flowers and animals. When I was ten-twelve I started to write longer 'books', though never finished them. Now I'm editing my NaNoWriMo novel (Well, completely rewriting it) and have a few other stories started. And thank goodness i am writing, sometimes I think if I had never started writing I would probably be a very different (in a bad way) person. I owe alot to my first creative writing teacher, she let us write what we wanted and how we wanted to. She was awesome!

Besides writing I, of course, read. More like devour any book that crosses my path.
My favorites are:
Ink trilogy (Inkheart, Inkspell, and Inkdeath)
Inheritance Cycle
The Circle Trilogy
The Lost Book series
Castaway of the Flying Dutchman
Thief Lord (Even if I hated the ending)
Everest series
Island Trilogy
Dive Series

Probably more, I just dont remember them.

Besides any thing literary related I like computer graphics, drawing, and legos. Why Legos? Because they are awesome!

Ok enough about me, The End.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:58 pm
Rosendorn says...

I know what you mean about the writing. I have wa-a-ay to much time on my hands, so instead of doing a bunch of other stuff I just write. Now, however, YWS has taken up any sort of free time. Even the time I used to use for writing! :lol:

Novels are hard as ever to re-write. I've been working on mine the past four years.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door.
— Kyle Chandler