z

Young Writers Society

KJ

582 Reviews

Reviews: 582
Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:43 pm
KJ says...

I'm following the example of my fellow YWS people and introducing myself, despite the fact that I've been on this site for a while. I'm KJ (Kelsey Jo, ugh). I'm 16 years old, and I hate vegetables. Ha, who doesn't?

I have a little Pomeranian, Louie, who I spoil rotten. I also have a litttle 4-year-old sister, Ava, who I DO NOT spoil rotten because her parents do that enough for her :roll:

I live in a freezing part of U.S.A., and I want to move to England when I get old enough (yes, I know it gets cold there also, but the accents would make up for that!), and I obviously love to write. It's an obsession. Sometimes I neglect homework, food, and breathing to do it.

As of this moment, I have completed two novels and am on my way to finished a third. I am also trying to get the second one publishing, and I have my fingers crossed!

What else? My best friend is on this site, her name is Ashley (AshleyLee) and I don't know what I would do without her. I love blue, and the Victorian age. I enjoy period films the most and my favorite book of the moment is The Hunger Games. Anyone read that? It's amazing.

I can't think of anything else that interesting about me at this moment, but I just thought I'd give you all a shout out. Thanks for reading. Feel free to PM me :)

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:04 am
Angel of Death says...

Hey KJ!

It's nice to know more about you!

Hah, I would love love to move to England one day. The accents and the scenery!
And, I can relate to you about the writing thing. If I don't write anything for more than a week or an hour or a day, I go crazy! It's like writing is embedded in me. It runs through my veins. Do you think people are born writers?

Awe, I am so jealous. You have a dog and a little sister. I've always wanted both. And Louie is an adorable name for a dog!

The Hunger Games? I passed it in the bookstore once and I hear they're making a movie out of it, so maybe I might check it out after I finish reading Evermore by Alyson Noel (Tis a good book)

Talk to you later,

~Angel

P.S. Ooh and I love your avi!
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:52 am
In_the_Moonlight says...

Gosh, I feel like you haven't been on in such a long time. um...where to start......

The Hunger Games was an insanely awesome book. It'll officially go down in my hall of best books and I can't wait till she comes out with the second.

I got a question for you, okay so here it goes. You said that you were working on finishing a third novel; is it on YWS? Is it Shadows of Eternity?

Good luck with Because, I hope it gets published. I'd totally read it.

**Mo**
If I can impact one person, just one, with my writing before I die, then I've lived a great life

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:18 am
POTAFan1973 says...

Hiya,

Pomeranins are adorable. Louie is a cute name too. Here's my Louie when he was younger. He was about 6 to 8 weeks old in this picture. He'll be turning two in November.

Me, I'm lucky if I get my story finished. One of my life goals is to get published by the time I'm 18. Even if I get my published one day before I turn 18, I'll be a happy camper.

Amen on the England accents. Love that accent. Yet where I live anything other than a country accent is fine and dandy with me. Which is odd because of the part of NC I live in you find very few southern accents. The Southerners are towards the Tenesse border or where in NC that I grew up in. Like in the' Green Acres' type areas.

Am I talking about myself? Sorry about that. I do that a lot. :oops:
Attachments
886133-R1-03-22A_024.jpg
886133-R1-03-22A_024.jpg (459.83 KiB) Viewed 205 times
One person's craziness is another person's reality
-Tim Burton

582 Reviews

Reviews: 582
Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:04 pm
KJ says...

Aw, that puppy is adorable! :lol: Thanks for showing me. And I don't mind knowing more about everyone else! Love the details.

And I can't remember who asked me - I would have to go back to look and I'm far too lazy to do that -about whether my third book is Shadows of Eternity. It's not. My third book is a novel I'm calling Say You Mean It. No one - not even my best friend - has seen it. But I may post it on here. I'll have to think about it.

It's about a girl whose mother is famous, and the girl's relationship with her is a sort of love/hate thing. As with most of my plots, there is a creepy stalker-guy, and he approaches her in a way that seperates her from her mother, beginning a journey that defines both who she is and how different she wants to be.

That's all I'm going to say :) Hope to hear from you guys some more.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Meep(: says...

Oh gosh! Ashleylee is your best friend??
I know 2 awesome people! :D

I have a female Maltese, Daisy.
My mom used to have a champion breed Pom,
Who was given to her, after her evil owner abused her.

Daisy is possibly the silliest (and greediest) dog in the universe.
:D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:52 pm
Evi says...

*gasp*

The Hunger Games is possibly the best book in the universe, apart from The Book Thief. :D I stayed up until 2 in the morning a couple nights ago to finish it. Did someone say they were making a movie of it? *wants to be in the movie*

Good luck with publishing your novel!

~Evi
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:15 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

Nice to know more about you ^^

I hate to shatter some of your dreams, but people in England are really snobby. Not all of them, but a vast majority. They have manners, but they are really rude. So don't get your hopes up thinking England is your dreamland. But at least they have those cool accents xD

You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:27 pm
jok101 says...

None of what the previous post said is true, were not snobby were all chavs, or neeks [I don't know what it means it replaces geek in my school] or I forget what you call it just don't move to England sorry to shatter your dreams but we don't talk with a cute accent we either sound like Chavs or are voices are so broken that the english accent we had at 11 is chattered beyond recognition. You know don't give up some guy's have english accent not me or anyone I know *cries "I want to sound like a freak"*. We are rude though...

Tourist: do you know where the train station is

Me: yes

Tourist: could you tell me wear it is

Me:no

tourist:why

[me's walk's away]

I like the book theif too

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:42 am
MeadowLark says...

I have eight pomeranians! My dog had six puppies again! They annoy me soo much it's unbelievable! But the puppies are so adorable, especially when they're hopping in and out of their pen. It's nice to know more about you KJ!

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.
— Woodrow Wilson