z

Young Writers Society

Hello Everyone(:

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:19 pm
killxlanesxdeadxx says...

Hi!
I'm Delaney, but I go by Lanes[: I'm from the US, New jerseyy. I'm 14, fifteen in a few months, yay. I love writing, and thought YWS looked pretty cool, so I joined, haha. Hmm, I like sci-fi, mystery, and romance. Some of my favorite authors are Patricia Briggs, Keri Arthur, Jeanine Frost, Kelley Armstrong, and a bunch more! I also like some YA books, Nevermind the Goldbergs, by Mathue Roth, and loved It's Kind Of A Funny Story by Ned Vizzini.

[:
kill.LANES.dead
[:
<3

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:37 pm
Demeter says...

Hi Delaney!

I would've called you Lanes, but I just had to type the name Delaney, it's so pretty! :D I'm Demeter, it's nice to meet you.

So. Yeah.

Welcome!

... Heh.

Ah. Never mind me. I hope you enjoy YWS with all your heart, and please, don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions. I like helping! :)

See you around!

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:42 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Hello killxlanesxdeadxx! Welcome to YWS! I am Winter.

Well unfortunately I have to go over the rules with you first:
1. No chat-speak. Don't replace "u" for "you" or anything along those lines. An occasional lol is okay but try not to overdo it. Since this is a writing site we do our best to use proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.
2. Everyone keeps a 2:1 review to work ratio. For every work that you submit you have to review two other works. Similarly you must review two works before submitting one of your own.

I like sci-fi, mystery, and romance.

Ooh romance! I like romance too. I'm not a fan of sci-fi or mystery though. I like historical fiction best.

Some of my favorite authors are Patricia Briggs, Keri Arthur, Jeanine Frost, Kelley Armstrong, and a bunch more!

I don't think I've ever read any books by those authors. What genre are they?

Anyway, if you have any questions please feel free to PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:42 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Just a quick little reminder here to rate your work! Rated works (unless rated R) show up on the front page of YWS. You might even get more comments out of it. ;) Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

That's my two bits. If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:04 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey

Welcome to YWS.

Patricia Briggs - I love her Mercy Thompson Books. I cant waited for Bone Crossed

Keri Arthur - She is okay, but i need to finished her Riley jenson series.

I am a romance freak too. if you need suggestion, you can come to me.

see ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:17 pm
Carlito says...

Hey Lanes, Welcome to YWS! :D

I live in Iowa, but I've been to New Jersey once for a church retreat (Wildwood). It was really nice there I liked it :)
I really like to write romantic fiction too.

Whats your favorite color? Food? Kind of ice cream? Pet? Color? Superpower?

If you need anything, or have any questions, feel free to PM me :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:27 am
WaterVyper says...

Hi Lanes! I can't say that I've ever been to New Jersey before. In fact, I've never been anywhere in the main part of the US. Just Alaska. Anyway, rules are done, questions are done. Not much to add there.

And you like sci-fi too? *squees* *blinks at self* That was a totally out of character moment for me. Anyway, feel free to PM me about anything you need. Ask for reviews, ask any questions you have, or frinedship is fine. See ya around sometime!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:47 am
niteowl says...

Hi Lanes! Welcome to YWS! Since all the rules/annoying questions bases have been covered, I'll give you flowers and chocolates I got from the post Valentine's Day sale! :P Oh, looks like Charlie ate all the chocolates and attempted to do a magic trick with the flowers. Unfortunately, he needs to work on the making-them-reappear part. Good thing he wasn't playing with my money...

Anyway, enough rambling about lost gifts. I still have smileys by the truckload, so HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt007 :smt004 :smt026 :smt024 :smt016 :smt021 :smt020 :smt027 :smt031 :smt041 :smt059 :smt068 :smt072 :smt064 :smt077 :smt114 :smt084 :smt109 :smt101 :smt083 :smt116 :smt115 :pirate1: :ftw: :smt035
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

For in everything it is no easy task to find the middle ... anyone can get angry—that is easy—or give or spend money; but to do this to the right person, to the right extent, at the right time, with the right motive, and in the right way, that is not for everyone, nor is it easy; wherefore goodness is both rare and laudable and noble.
— Aristotle