z

Young Writers Society

Watsup

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:10 pm
rusianmafia says...

Hello everyone,
the sound sounds pretty nice and a nice concept.
I am a beginning write, although 20 years old.

I'm taking a creative writing course and its inspired me to try and write more.

I know Krupp, he is one of my best friends, in real life. Not some internet nonsense.

Alright, I'm gonna try to write and critique, but try not to give me too hard of a time if it sucks, or do.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:33 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Hello Rusianmafia! Welcome to YWS! I am Winter.

*Jumps up and down* I'm the first one to greet you! Hooray!

Anyway, we have a couple of rules that I have to get out of the way:
1. No chat-speak. Since this is a writing site we use proper grammar in all forums. So don't substitute "u" for "you" or anything like that. An occasional lol is okay, but don't overdo it.
2. Everyone keeps a 2:1 review to work ratio. Make sure you review to works before posting one of your own.

Now that the rules have been explained, I shall proceed with the dreaded questions!
What are your favourite books/authors/movies/foods?
What genre do you like to read/write in?
What are some of your hobbies and interests?

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:34 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Something else I'd like to point out is: when you do post your work, please take the time to rate it. Rated works (unless rated R) show up on the front page of YWS. You might even get more comments out of it. Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:06 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey and welcome.

What genre do you write and what are your favorite books/authors/movies?

If you need anything, free feel to pm me.

see ya around
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:07 am
WaterVyper says...

Hiya! *waves* Welcome to YWS! Hm, the rules are done, so that won't be a problem. Um... Oh yeah, groups! Silly me. I guess all that coffee frazzled my brain. Here one YWS, we have tons of usergroups that you can join. Click on the big Groups button at the top of the page to find them. These groups are made for people who share certain interests. Some of them are cartoons, poetry, Twilight, Harry Potter, etcetera. You'll find some that you like.

Anyway, great to meet ya! And it's cool that you know someone here in real life. Nobody I know likes writing. In fact, they hate it. I don't know why. Something about cramps... Well, feel free to PM me about anything you need. See ya around soon!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:59 am
niteowl says...

Hi Rus! (I'm lazy so I don't type whole names. Is Rus okay?) Anyway, welcome to YWS! You've already gotten all the normal welcome stuff, but feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the site!

Now, drumroll please...HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt007 :smt004 :smt026 :smt024 :smt016 :smt021 :smt020 :smt027 :smt031 :smt041 :smt059 :smt068 :smt072 :smt064 :smt077 :smt114 :smt084 :smt109 :smt101 :smt083 :smt116 :smt115 :pirate1: :ftw: :smt035
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

I know where the wall goes.
— Creed, the Office