z

Young Writers Society

Hello everyone :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:45 pm
paperdreams♥ says...

Hi there! I just joined obviously. I really just found this site by accident but I'm glad I did. I love writing and I started writing as long as i can even remember. I am not that good but it doesn't matter cause I write to breath. I just want to say I love this site already even though I have no idea where to start hehe :D

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:58 pm
Pippiedooda says...

Hi! :D welcome to YWS! It becomes addictive very quickly so BEWARE :P
Start off by looking around at other peoples work and giving reviews on their writing before posting anything, once you feel confident enough to post your own work give it a go! Pretty much everyone here is really nice so don't worry :)
I found it really strange writing comments on other peoples work at first- but everyone really appreciates it! Try to think of things they could improve upon, but always be nice :)
If you have any questions just PM me :D
"Your mother is a hamster and your father smells of elderberries"
-Monty Python and The Holy Grail

Random avatar

Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:04 pm
paperdreams♥ says...

Thanks for the tip :D I will try that :D

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:34 pm
Meep(: says...

Hiya there!
Pippie's done the intro, so I shall skip to the must-know rules.
1) We have this 2:1 ratio rule where you should do 2 reviews on other's work when you post one of your own.
2) Minimise chatspeak and CAPS lock.
There. We're done :D

So tell us more about yourself!
Any book/author/song/band/colour/hobby/etc... that your particularly fancy?
Or maybe a pet peeve?
What do you like to write about perhaps?

~Feel free to PM me if you have any queries and stuff!
I shall leave someone else to explain the coloured usernames because I have to rush off now.
Sorry!
And have a nice day, yeah? :D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:32 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hey and welcome to YWS! I'm Vyper or whatever you want to call me. Do you have any name you want to be addressed by?
Well, Meep already got the rules, and the questions. There isn't much left to do, but I guess I can do the colors. As you might have noticed, some of us have differently colored names. Like Meep and I. You can see that we have blue names. That means we're Greeters, and our job is to make you feel welcome. Also, we can answer a few questions about the site, and so on.

Instructors are the purple people. They're the ones you go to if you need a really in-depth critique. You can ask them if you want a review for your work. However, most of us tend to be really cutthroat, but you can ask if you want somebody to tone down for a while.

Light green are Junior Moderators. When nobody's watching, I call them mini-mods. It just has a nice ring to it, no? Anyway, they are the ones you go to for more complex and technical questions about the site. They'll be quite happy to help you out, so don't hesitate to ask.

Dark green are regular Moderators. Even more technical stuff goes to them.

Red people are Administrators. They keep the site up and running, and know almost every single thing that goes on here. They have eyes everywhere, I tell you. Eyes!

And finally, orange. People with orange names are retired mods and admins. Between you and me, I don't know why anyone would want to retire. I can't remember what most people call them right now, since it is kinda late.

And there you have it, all the rainbow people of YWS! Oh yeah, there's some sort of rule that states that blues and purples must have some sort of rivalry going on. So don't mind us.

*tsk tsk* I got nothing left, since Meep said practically everything. I'll just leave you to answer Meep's questions. Pretty soon, people'll flood this thread, so see ya sometime! I'll be looking out for you. Anywho, feel free to PM me for anything you need. See ya around!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:00 pm
daydreamer9 says...

Hey paperdreams!!!

Welcome, my friend, to YWS. If you already haven't noticed, everyone here is like family. Though we live all over the world we're connected through our love of writing. Ah, beautiufl, isn't it?

Anywho, I'm dd9/Ella/daydreamer9/day/dreamer/whatever I feel like at the moment. Since all the main rules have been explained, I must point out my favorite rule. It's not actually a rule, but it's one i follow. My rule is HAVE FUNN!!!!

YWS is full of fun things. If you love to review (like me) you can review as many pieces as you want! If you love to just talk with people (like me as well) you can PM anybody you wish to. If you love to be random (like me) you can go to the community forum called Randomness. There are endless possibilities here!

If you ever need help navigating your way around, let me know. I'm always willing to help a fellow member. :]

-dd9
live like there's no tomorrow, dream like you'll live forever.

be the change you wish to see in the world
-gandi

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:27 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

Hi!!! I would like to welcome you to Young Writer's Society. When I first came to this site I had no idea what to do. Your are not alone trust me. I have been there and done that. :) I am SimonCowellLuver also known as SCL for short because my name is so long.

Well The best way to start off is to read the rules for posting any written stories, poems or other things to the site. You can check out all the forums here. Like this one. You can become a greeter just like me. Well good luck with your writing!! :D

If you need help with anything Just PM me anytime!!!

See you around!

SCL :D
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:26 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

A quick reminder here, that the other left out, is to rate your work. Rated works (unless rated R) show up on the front page of YWS for all to see! Who knows, you might even get more comments. ;) Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

Whelp, that's my two bits, since quite a lot has been covered here.

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:43 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Hello Paperdreams! Welcome to YWS! I am Winter.

What a lovely name! Paper Dreams. It makes me want to draw paper dreams. What exactly do paper dreams look like? :D

Anyway, why don't you tell us a bit about yourself? What are some of your hobbies? What genres do you like to read and write in? I like historical fiction.

Hmm... it seems everything has been explained. Do you know about the groups? Click on the big groups button at the top of the page. There will be a list of groups that you can join. All of these groups have themes such as character development, Twilight, and history. They're really fun! Plus you can earn points by posting in group forums.

If you have any question or want a review please PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

Random avatar

Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:44 am
paperdreams♥ says...

Thanks everyone,I feel more welcome here. Thanks for the tips too. I will try to remember them :D So about me? Hmm. Well my name is Natasha so everyone can just call me that hehe. My all time favorite book is A Walk To Remember,followed by the Twilight Series. I noticed that there are alot of twilighters here too so thats good :D I don't really have a favorite author,I do like Stephenie Meyer and I love her book The Host as well.

Lets see,well I guess I really love writing romance but i read anything from romance to horror. :D pretty much anything that catches my fancy when i see the cover,i will read it. I also like writing poetry as well. I honestly don't have alot of hobbies except writing which pretty much revolves around everything that i do,that and surfing the internet and chatting with friends :D Oh i forgot, I also watching t.v shows on my computer sometimes even in t.v as well :P

I am glad you like my user name Winter :D I don't really know what paper dreams look like but I am pretty sure its white hehe. I actually thought of it cause writing stands for the paper and dreams meaning,that I want to be a writer hopefully someday. So voila! paperdreams :D

Hmm..well I think I already said way to much. :D

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:36 pm
Rosendorn says...

You will find both a group for twilight and a group against it. Actually, there are probably more people who dislike twilight, but there is a pretty healthy population of people who like it.

To find both groups, click on the Groups button in the header. The twilight on is called Alice Cullen Knows Your Next Move.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:42 am
paperdreams♥ says...

Yeah,It really if doesn't matter for me if there are some who dislikes it,you cant please everyone.
thanks,I joined that group :D

"The trouble with Borrowing another mind was, you always felt out of place when you got back to your own body, and Granny was the first person ever to read the mind of a building. Now she was feeling big and gritty and full of passages. 'Are you all right?' Granny nodded, and opened her windows. She extended her east and west wings and tried to concentrate on the tiny cup held in her pillars."
— Terry Pratchett, Discworld: Equal Rites