z

Young Writers Society

Hia!

Reviews: 1
Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:44 am
Bug says...

Hi everyone! I'm Bug. I am a 13 year old who loves to write poetry :D I just started writing this summer and I decided to try to improve my writing. I write poems about nature, love, happiness, anything you can think of! I have only been here for a few minutes, and I already feel welcome! This site is so lovely!

It would be wonderful to hear from you!

<3 Bug.
Listen to your heart and you shall accomplish life with a smile.

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:51 am
Explosive_Pen says...

Hey there, Bug. Yeah, poetry is awesome.
So the rules are no chatspeak, and for every story/poem/work of art you post, you have to have two reviews. That 2:1 ratio has to be maintained always.
So! Who's your favorite author? Book? Band?
"You can love someone so much...But you can never love people as much as you can miss them."

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:56 am
Flux says...

Explosive already covered it all. But yes, do tell us a bit about yourself. And as for improving your writing, that will be no problem at all!

If you need any help, please feel free to PM me, or anyone, really, for anything. We're all happy to help!

~La Reina!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

Reviews: 1
Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:59 am
Bug says...

My absolutely favorite author is Jane Austin. I love Pride and Prejudice! She is such a inspiring author.

I would say that my favorite movie is Finding Nemo. It is incredibly cute!

What about you?

<3 Bug.
Listen to your heart and you shall accomplish life with a smile.

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:05 am
Explosive_Pen says...

I absolutely love Shakespeare, but really, there are too many authors to pick a true favorite.
For movie, I'd have to say Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
"You can love someone so much...But you can never love people as much as you can miss them."

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:32 am
mizz-iceberg says...

I am a huge fan of Finding Nemo too! I'm absolutely obsessed with Dory.

Oh yes... Welcome to YWS! It is a wonderful site. I'm glad you're enjoying. Jane Austin is indeed an inspiring author. I just love her characters.

You may find this site a bit a confusing at first, so just it might help to look around the the help and support section and check out the new users guides and FAQs.

If you still have questions or need any help feel free to PM me.

So Review, Write and Post!
See you around.
Zehra
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:36 am
Threnody says...

Hello Bug!!!
I'm Coralie/Forever Threnody/Forever/Threnody/Thren. Call me whatever you'd like.

How are you? You liking YWS so far?

Another rule~
If you use the f-word in a post, rate it R. If continuous naughty words are used in a post, (but not the f-word) rate it PG-13! (Except most all of us are over thirteen so...)

Don't forget to rate your works!!!

All done with rules!

So, what do you like?

Peace, Love and Sugar Packets~
Forever Threnody
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:57 am
Dreamwalker says...

welcome to YWS! i'm The.Dreamwalker.

its a pleasure to meet you!

and dont be scared of some of the.. people on this website (aka LaReina and Incognito Temptation)

so yah, if you need anything, PM me anytime! and you'll definitly improve on this wesite, of that im sure!
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:22 am
MeadowLark says...

Heya Bug! I'm MeadowLark!

Welcome to YWS! It's an awesome and addicting site. Hope you have fun on here and happy writing!

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:02 am
WaterVyper says...

Hey Bug! I'm whatever you want to call me. So, great to meet you and welcome to the realm of insanity that is YWS! As MeadowLark has mentioned, YWS is extremely addicting, so don't be surprised if you find yourself suffering from YWS Withdrawal Syndrome. Or whatever the term is...

So, what interests in music do you have? That's the only question that hasnt' been answered, if I'm right. And I love your avatar. It's sooooo cute! I think I'm using the word too much, but oh well. So, feel free to PM me for anything you need. I'll see you around the poetry forums sometime. See ya!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:40 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hey there Bug! Welcome to YWS! You'll have great joy.
Finally, have found a thread where no one mentioned something I knew! *cheers*
So, if you have looked around you may have noticed that some users have a different color on their user names, right? Like Forever Threnody. WaterVyper and mizz-iceberg above.
Well, that's because some users have jobs.
The blues are Greeters. Their job is to welcome and help the newbies.
There are the Instructors who are the purple ones. their job is to help you with work, to post writing tips and all.
The light greens are Junior Moderators. "Junior Moderators have full moderating powers within individual sections on the board. That is, Junior Mods only moderate a category like Fiction, Poetry, or General Discussion.", quoted from the help and support.
Moderators are the dark green dudes. Well, their job is to represent YWS, tell users when their out of line, to maintain civil discussions and to check if the words used are appropriated.
the red one's are Administrators. "Administrators are responsible for the general upkeep of the board, overseeing all Moderators, Junior Moderators, Instructors, and Greeters. They are also responsible for the direction of the board", quoted from the rules.
Well, hope I helped!
if you have any question, PM me or any f the greeters and others!
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:12 pm
Night Mistress says...

hey and welcome.

if you need anything, feel free to pm me.

see ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:21 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Let's see here. What else is there? Oh yes! Groups!

In the header, you'll see a bit button labeled "groups." Click on it and you'll find a group for just about everything, including Jane Austin (Lost in Austin).

If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:16 pm
daydreamer9 says...

Hello Ms. Bug! What an adorable avatar I want to hug. :] Ladybugs are so cute.

Welcome, welcome, my friend, to YWS! Though you've already recieved more than a handful of hellos, here's another.

The rules have basically been explained, BUT there is one more rule that is really important. It's my favorite rule by far, and it's actually not even written. Everyone knows it though, and the smart ones follow it? What is it? Have fun!!

YWS is a community of writers who support each other through reviews and kind words. Here it's easy to have fun. We're like a family at YWS: we live all over the world, but we are connected to each other through the love of fiction, poetry, photography, etc.

I'm sure you'll feel right at home here really soon. Hopefully, you already do!

I'm Ella by the way and if you ever need any help or just want to talk, PM me. Welcome, again!!

-dd9
live like there's no tomorrow, dream like you'll live forever.

be the change you wish to see in the world
-gandi

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:17 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

Hi I am SimonCowellLuver also known as (SCL) I am obsessed with SimonCowell. I guess you can tell that already. :)
Welcome to YWS! Nice to meet you. Well There isn't much to say about me. I am not good at talking to new people. lmao.
Well If there is anything I can do for you. Just pm me whenever.

See you around!

SimonCowellLuver (SCL) :D
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

"Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known."
— Chuck Palahniuk