z

Young Writers Society

Hello!! =]

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:39 pm
Damsel.in.distress says...

Hey everyone! I just signed up here and I'm loooooving it! :D I want to become an author someday, but I haven't actually written much. Practice makes one perfect. So, I'm here to do just that! Hope to read some cool stuff here and meet young writers too. :)

P.S. This is all I can think of to post in an introductory message!
I am what I am and that's something you can't be :)

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:00 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hey Damsel! I'm Vyper, or whatever you want to call me. So, great to meet you. Here on YWS, we have The Rules (found here: http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/rules.php), so if you could check them out, you'll be fine. However, if you're feeling a bit lazy, I got two of the most important ones here.

1. Keep the 2:1 review rule. That means that for every piece of work you intend to post, we ask that you review two other works first. That makes people more inclined to review your own, and it also makes sure everyone gets a review.

2. No chatspeak. That means to please use proper grammar, spelling, and capitalization at all times. Yes, even in the chat. We're all sort of grammar freaks here.

So, great to meet you and welcome to YWS! Time for the questions that everyone'll ask sooner or later.

Who are your favorite authors?
What are your favorite books?
What do you like to write?
What are your other hobbies?
How about interests in movies or music?
What goals do you have for the future?

Well, that's it from me. Feel free to PM me for anything that you need. I'll probably respond real quick. So, see ya around sometime, Damsel!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:25 pm
thefireinmeisJC says...

Errrg Water Vyper asked all the questions AND the rules.

Soo...I guess all I have to do is introduce myself.

I'm JC. Well, of course my full username is thefireinmeisJC and the JC stands for Jesus Christ. But, that's what people call me nontheless. Speaking of which, can I call you Damsel? ^^

For now that is what I shall say. So..Wassup Damsel?

haha Welcome to the wonderful world of [s]Disney[/s] YWS! Home to [s]Mickey Mouse[/s] wacky writers!

Don't be afraid when you become addicted!

Ahh, I'll give some answers to WaterVyper's questions so you can learn a little bit about me too!

Authors: Caroline B Cooney, Marcus Zusak, Ellen Hopkins
Books: See authors...and Bible
Writing: I'm everywhere....lyrics (I stink lol) short stories, hopeless attempts to write a novel...pretty much all genres! though I love suspense, thriller, and mystery.
Hobbies: Reading, writing (NO WAY!!!), listening to music, [s]studying[/s], trying to play the guitar, trying to write songs, trying to survive calculus.
Goals: Get a full tuition scholarship to Bard College at Simon's Rock (though I learn about that in April! So its in the not-so-far future)
Movies and Music: I'm a Contemporary Christian Music fan. Some of my fav bands are Switchfoot, Superchick and Casting Crowns. Secular ones include 3 Doors Down and Daughtry. As for movies go I love Narnia!

Well that's all for me! See you around the forums!

- JC
Give hugs not bombs or whatever that saying says

6 Reviews

Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:45 pm

Thanks so much for the welcome Vyper and JC! I'm Sad here. ( First three letters of my real name ) I am a grammar freak too! JC.. You have calculus too!! Tell me all about it !! I knwo how much it sucks! >_<

My favourite authors are J.K.R, Lord Jeffrey Archer, John Grisham, P.G. Wodehouse and Ruskin Bond.

There are no favourite books for me as such, because.... I don't know it's just hard for me to decide on one.

I like poetry and romantic and other fiction.

My other hobbies are sitting in front of the big blue light in the living room (Televison), Surfing the net and talking on the phone :D

I am crazy about music! I listen to anything from Hip-Hop to Rock to Pop to Heavy Metal. My favourite is rock though! And my favourite artists include Linkin Park, Pink FLoyd, Limp Bizkit, Green Day, Slipknot and of-late Taylor Swift.

I like watching foreign movies ( Yes, even the ones with the sub-titles in them) Movies which would be classified under Drama? I guess.

I want to become an author, but I have been compelled to take some other subjects, so after I finish my graduation and everything then I'll probably write part-time or as a hoobby.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:54 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Just a little something more about posting your work: When you do post it, please rate it. Rated works (unless rated R) show up on the front page. Who knows, you might get more comments. :wink: Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

Romance and poetry. I tend to put a little of both in my works, but deep down I'm a Fantasy writer through and through. Even a realistic fiction story of mine will end up having some magic in it. ^_^ Although I do write strait poetry sometimes. When prose just doesn't fit my mood.

Alrighty, that's my little bit of information. Hope to see you around the site! ^_^

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:59 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey and welcome.

i am a romance writer too. i am currently working on my addicting Poison story. it's a vampire/human romance story.

Well, if you need anything, feel free to pm me.

see ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:18 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Hello Damsel! Welcome to YWS! I am Winter.

I hope you don't mind, but here on YWS we tend to be a bit lazy with names. Don't be surprised if people automatically shorten your name. :D

So, the rules have been covered. The questions have been asked. What else?

Don't be afraid when you become addicted!

Ahahaha! JC is totally right; you will become addicted eventually. But that's not a bad thing!

I like watching foreign movies ( Yes, even the ones with the sub-titles in them)

Me too! I love foreign movies! That's probably because I love language, but foreign movies are awesome.

Anyway, if you need anything or want a review please PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:42 pm
deleted_5 says...

Bugger!! I always get beaten to the welcomes!! Darn!! Hello Damsel and welcome to YWS!! I know you'll have a great time here! I'm Lucy Pennykettle, one of many wanting to be your friends! You can call me Lucy or Luce. Have a good time!! Oh, and happy Valentine's Day!!

Lucy
I hate television. I hate it as much as I hate peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts. I also hate being on television, I hate it as much as people hate chocolate. But they always want chocolate.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:22 am
fluteluvr77 says...

Heyy Damsel!
Welcome to YWS! I love poetry too. It tends to be romantic and somewhat depressing lately, but I do have a romance/comedy collaborating novel up...God, I love Taylor Swift!!!! What's your favorite song by her?? I can't pick, but Love Story and I'd Lie are at the top...Anyway, nice to know more about me. PM me if you ever want a review or want to talk about anything (especially music :D)
fluteluvr77<3
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

6 Reviews

Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:10 pm

Thank you all. :)

Reviews: 3
Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:52 pm
balletbabe12 says...

Hiya and welcome!
I'm kinda new here too so don't worry your not alone! haha just let any of us know if you have any problems or questions, we'd love to answer them!
Darn everyone else beat me to the good questions..so i guess you'll just have to sit and listen about me =D

I love to read.
I love my friends/family.
I love to laugh and have fun.

PM me anytime!

hope you enjoy yourself here and i can't wait to read some of your work!

-balletbab12
Live.
Love.
Laugh.

I'll actually turning 100 soon
— Ari11