z

Young Writers Society

Hello from newcomer Belle!

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:31 am
Belle says...

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to stop in and say an official hi. I just joined tonight, as per Griffinkeeper's invitation and also perhaps lured in by the witty, laugh-out-loud stories written by the ever-clever Snoink.

This is the first time I've joined an online writer's society, but I'm anticipating a lot of good learning experiences ahead, plus good peer feedback and discussion. Thanks to all for having me over, and a special thanks to the two mentioned above for introducing me!

"Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence."
-Unknown

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:35 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Welcome!

I've briefed her on the 2:1 critique to submission ratio.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:38 am
View Likes
WaterVyper says...

Hey Belle! No need to go over the rules, I guess, so I'll jump right into the [s]torture sessi[/s] questions! Who are your favorite authors and what are your favorite books? What do you like to write and in which genre? What are your goals for the future? What are your other hobbies? What about interests in movies or music? Your favorite color? Well, feel free to PM me for anything that you need. See ya around sometime!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:13 am
LilyJamey says...

Following my classic format...

Hello, Belle! I'm Lily. Welcome to YWS!

*checks list and mumbles* Rules.. questions.. umm.. right! Good feedback is almost guaranteed - our site is filled with critics and editors, who also pen amazing stories. You should read some. It's fascinating how they describe things.. *coughanti-popcough* Some can really make you picture the most impossible things happening and make it interesting at the same time. I'm still learning. But I'm straying off-topic.. Where was I? Oh, yes. Ahem.
What genre of writing do you do? I hope it's romantic fiction or other fiction, which includes horror and anything not fantasy, historical, romantic, or based on another book. I suck at poem critting.. So don't even ask! But PM me if you want a prose review mainly about grammar and tenses. :wink:
What about your fave books? I think it's likely that, be it Lord of The Rings or Harry Potter or Twilight, chances are it has a group on it. They even have a group for vegetarians. You should check 'em out.

Well, if you need anything, just PM me! Or one of those people with blue names, who are in charge of showing you 'round the site.

Cheers,
Lily.
Got YWS?

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:53 am
Meep(: says...

Belle wrote:also perhaps lured in by the witty, laugh-out-loud stories written by the ever-clever Snoink.

*scoffs* What about mua?!
Ahaha, I'm just kidding.
I liked the quote you put there.

Anyhoodledoodle, Welcome to our eccentric YWS family!
I'm Meep, a Greeter/Bluey,
And as the title speaks for itself, I'm supposed to smother you newbies with hugs and kisses.
...I'm joking. I could hug you...but I dislike kissing of any sort...I think.

Since the rules have been explained to you,
I shall play the role of the paparazzi and interfere with your personal life:
What are your favourite genres to read an write about?
Any particular author/book/song/movie/band/colour/food/etc... that you like/dislike?

~Feel free to PM me if you want to chat or bug me with questions.
I also welcome incoherent babble.

See you around then! :D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:00 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hrmm, what else?

Ah! When you do post your stuff, please rate it. ^_^ Rated works (unless rated R) show up on the front page of YWS. You might even get more comments out of it. :wink: Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:03 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey Belle

Welcome to YWS.

did you choose your username from Beauty and the Beasty?

so What genre are yoy writing? and what are your favorite books/authors?

if you need anything, feel free to pm me.

see ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:11 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Hello Belle! Welcome to YWS. I am Winter.

Oh I love your avatar! Free Willy, I think? Good movie.

Anyway, I think everything has been covered. Tell us about yourself so we can recommend groups, lit forums, and books that suit your interests.

If you have any questions or need a review please feel free to PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:10 pm
Snoink says...

Just so you know, our Dad would make noodles with tuna, and we would call it "Free Willy" and eat it. I know! How horrible... and yet tasty.

Anyway, I suppose this means that I'll get to see your work more... mwhaha! And they think *I'm* prolific, can you believe it? They obviously haven't seen you yet. ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:49 am
View Likes
daydreamer9 says...

Welcome Belle! It seems like you are already part of the YWS community. :)

I'm dd9 (or whatever you'd like to call me), just popping in to say a quick "hiya"! I can see that you already have some friends here, but if you ever need another, give me a PM. :)

As you can see, YWS is like on big happy (most of the time) dysfuntional family. We live all over the work but are connected through our love of writing. I'm sure you'll feel at home here!

If you ever need a reivew or have any questions for me, PM me. I'm always willing to help a fellow writer in need.

Welcome again!!

dd9
live like there's no tomorrow, dream like you'll live forever.

be the change you wish to see in the world
-gandi

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:23 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Hello! Welcome to YWS Belle! Free Willy is actually one of my favourite movies.
I too liked that quote. I think I'm going to like you.
And yes you definitely will have a great experience. Guaranteed! Or a 100% refund.

So what genre do you usually write?

I'm looking forward to reading your work and I guess we'll see each other around the forums.
If you have questions feel free to PM me. It would be a good idea to browse around the Help and Support section if you haven't already.

Have fun!

-Zehra
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:44 pm
*DaughteroftheMoon* says...

Yes, I know that my username is a mouthful, so just call me Alyss. :) I see that the rules have been explained and that you already have friends here! I love your username, its really pretty. I can't wait to see what you can write. PM me if you ever have any questions or are in need of an honest review, not that those are lacking. See you around the forums, and good luck!
Amor Vincit Omnia

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:47 pm
Demeter says...

Hello, Belle!

Friend of the twins, are you? ;) That's great.

Anyway, welcome! I'm Demeter! Yay! How are you? And is there any chance your username comes from Beauty and the Beast? Or is it your real name?

Questions, questions.

Well well, enjoy the site as much you can, and see you around!

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:50 pm
Snoink says...

Haha, no it's not her real name! She's totally into Disney anything. And yes, she's a real princess. *nods*

I should kick her butt on here. She's really not used to the internet at all... just got it a couple of months ago. xD
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

"Do not try to be pretty. You weren't meant to be pretty; you were meant to burn down the earth and graffiti the sky. Don't let anyone ever simplify you to just 'pretty'"
— Suzanne Rivard