z

Young Writers Society

Hello :]

Reviews: 3
Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:43 pm
balletbabe12 says...

Hey guys,
I'm new here obviously and I just wanted to introduce myself and say how awesome this site is. I think it's so cool, but a bit confusing so if you have any tips or anything please don't hesitate to tell me! That would be great and I look forward to hopefully talking to some of you!
-balletbabe12

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:51 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hey balletbabe12! I can see that you've read the rules, so I won't think we have any problems. However, just a couple of quick reminders.

1. Keep the 2:1 review ratio. That means that for any piece of work that you intend to put up here, you need to review two others as well. It makes sure that everyone gets a review.

2. Don't use chatspeak. Most of us are grammar Nazis, so we abhor from using it. That means to use proper grammar, spelling, and capitalization at all times. Yes, even in the chatroom.

So, those are our two main rules. I think I'll add the colors in, just to be safe.

Light blue: Like my name over here. That means I'm a Greeter, whose job is to make you feel welcome and to answer any questions you have.

Purple: Instructors. If you ever need an in depth critique, you can go ask them for help. Some of the ones that float up to the top of my mind are Demeter and Mars, but there are tons more.

Light Green: Junior Moderators

Dark Green: Moderators

Red: Administrators

Orange: Distinguished members of the site. I think they're retired mods and admins.

Well, that's it for colors. And now, time to start the interrogation! What are your favorite books? What about authors? What do you like to write? What are your other hobbies? Interests in movies and music?

That's all for now. I can say that you can PM me for anything you need, be they questions, reviews, or chatting. I'll be available. See ya around sometime!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

Random avatar

Reviews: 13
Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:16 am
LydiaB says...

Hey! It looks like WaterVyper took care of all the technicalities... So that leaves me with all the fun stuff! :D

I saw the writing you posted already and loved it! You really have a passion for your writing and aren't afraid to write what you believe.

So I hope to see you around! If you need someone to talk to or would like help finding anything, I'd be happy to help! You'll probably find me nonchalantly drifting through the Fantasy section...

I hope you love it here as much as I do!
-Lydia
Is Pat Buchanan the answer to everything in your life? If so, put "Pat Buchanan" in your signature.

If you're looking for a good fantasy story in need of help...
Purple Magic
:D

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:15 am
Threnody says...

Hello! It's nice to meet you! I hope you're having fun. Yes this site is a bit confusing. Check out the Help and Support for help and support. I'm Coralie or Thren or Forever or Forever Threnody. (I honestly couldn't care less which one you use.)

Another Rule~
Also! Remember to rate your work. If your piece contains the F-word, rate it R. If it contains mild swearing, violence and such, PG-13 is appropriate. This is a family friendly site, so just to be safe Wink.

So, now we're done with lecturing. How are you?

What do you enjoy writing and most of all who is your favorite band/ what do you like listening to?

And what's your favorite food?

I hope to see you around!

Peace, Love and Sugar Packets~
Forever Threnody

P.S. Feel free to PM me with questions and/or answers to my questions as well as some of your own. I love exchanging questions!!!
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:45 am
deleted_5 says...

Hiya Balletbabe12!! I'm Lucy Pennykettle, but you can just call me Lucy or Luce. So, it looks like your all taken care of on the rules. Although, I will agree with you, it can be very confusing on this site. But it's really friendly and everyone's willing to help. I guess you could say that we are one big family.
So have a great time! And remember to to a blog! They are so fun!
Well, PM me if you need any help!

Lucy
I hate television. I hate it as much as I hate peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts. I also hate being on television, I hate it as much as people hate chocolate. But they always want chocolate.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:51 am
Princess says...

AHH!! I absolutely love your username! It reminds me of when I did ballet!

You seem really sweet! I actually do have a few pointers for you. If you ever have any trouble with your writing, feel free to ask anybody here! We all are here for the same reason. To improve our writing and art/photography. So don't be shy. We don't bite!

We are a very close knit community, so no worries! Except for the beginning pm that you got, you won't get any more of those suckish impersonal group pms. We are all a big family :D

So, what do you write? If you write poetry, then it is your lucky day! I review poetry and that's it. Poetry is my speciality. Although, if you really bug me, then I will review romantic fiction and possibly other fiction.

Just a little reminder, you should go check out the rules in the link below. They really help you out on the site.

rules.php

Have fun writing and reviewing, and if you want to chat, pm me!

-Princess :P
I came into this world wrinkled and ugly. And no matter how much I accumulate here, it's a short journey. I will go out of this world wrinkled and ugly. So I enjoy life.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:04 pm
*DaughteroftheMoon* says...

Hey there, I know that my username is a mouthful, so just call me Alyss. It seems that all the technical things are already taken care of. So you take ballet? Thats great. I never had the grace for it, so I do gymastics and cheerleading. I coach it to. I know some of the terms used in ballet and what they are but thats about it. :) So, if you ever need any help, or have any questions, let me know and PM me. I'll be happy to help!
~Alyss
Amor Vincit Omnia

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:54 pm
Alainna says...

Hey there and a big welcome to YWS!! *hands out muffins*

If you ever need anything then don't hesitate to pm me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. The important stuff has been covered so all that I'll say is that the 'Help and Support' tab on the drop down menu is very useful.

Hope you like it around here,

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:46 pm
Incognito says...

Again, I am late!
Hello balletbabe12! Welcome to YWS! It is a place where all your dreams come true! [s]Not Really[/s].
You can call me Incognito, and it seems that people already told you the basic rules. I will try to think of any tips as I write this... Which I am not really good at... I hate multi-tasking. It hurts my brain to easily.

It seems that you like ballet? Well, I have never had the grace to do ballet. Instead I play hockey and soccor and I draw. I know, how epic. I do not know any terms for anything ballet but feel free to teach me any of them!

AHA! It seems that I have remembered something! You might have noticed that there is Points. Well, you earn those points by posting in Literacy forums, select groups, and reviewing. Those points are good because Points let you post up stories. Just remember the 2:1 rule when posting even if you have enough Points. Also, Points are also used for the race to be the Featured Member. If you have the most points and have contributed to the site (Welcome forums and such) at the end of the two week span of the race of points you shall become the Featured Member and a link to your portfolio will be on the home page. That gets a lot of attention onto your stories for more reviews and critiques. Points are also used to buy Advanced critiques from people, where the go indepth with the reviews.

Another tip I have is that if you need a review so that you can edit the story or chapter, there is a Subforum called the Will Review for Food forum. There you can ask for a review and you will get one guarenteed. That place is fairly helpful.

Why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself? I will get you started with my usual interrogations.
1) Do you have a preference in what we should call you n this site?
2) Have you ever fallen asleep on a bus? (School or City, doesn't matter.)
3) If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be and why? [s]Say Canada![/s]
4) Have you ever eaten something that you didn't know what it was?
5) Have you ever had a fortune cookie that didn't have a fortune inside it?

Well, it seems apparent that I have ranted enough, so I hope to see you around!

~Incognito (The Stealthiest of the Stealthy)
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

Adventure is worthwhile.
— Aesop