z

Young Writers Society

Hi! Just joined today

Reviews: 2
Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:01 pm
Zyth says...

Hi everyone!

Urm, I just joing Young Writer's Society this evening. Well, I'm 13 years old from Signapore.
I wrote my first story (okay, not an official story. Quite vague descriptions) when I was in pre-school, meaning I was five years old about this girl who was kidnapped when she was in school. It was one
excercise book full, but surely you can imagine how big a pre-schoolers' handwriting is like.

So, that's me - Zyth.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:05 pm
Meep(: says...

Oh WOW!
Hi Zyth!!!
I'm Meep! A Greeter/Bluey & a fellow SINGAPOREAN!!! :D
*irrational exuberance*

Anyhoo, welcome to the wonderful YWS family.
I've got to lay down the ground rules for you first:
1) Chatspeak and CAPS lock should be kept to a minimal.
2) We have a 2:1 ratio rule, where for every 1 piece of work you post, you must review 2 others not done by you.

So what stuff do you like to read and write about?
Any favourite book? song? author? movie?
Tell us more about yourself :D

And feel free to PM me about anything.
Including friendship.
~I'll see you around then! :D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:47 pm
WaterVyper says...

Yays, a neighbor! I'm from Indonesia. Anyway, welcome Zyth! Meep already explained the rules *pouts*, so I guess I'm left with colors.

Light Blue: We're the Greeters! Like Meep and I, we're supposed to welcome new members and to answer any preliminary questions they got. So, fire away! I'm pretty sure more Greeters will be filling up this thread, with the added possibility of...

Purple: Instructors! They're job is to help you improve your writing by giving you in-depth critiques. So, if you ever need a critique that's really deep, you can ask them. Most of them (and plenty of other members) have threads in the 'Will Review for Food' section. Check there if you're in need.

Light Green: These people are Junior Moderators. They can help you with more complex questions.

Dark Green: Moderators!

Red: Administrators/Admins!

Orange: Distinguished members of the site. Retired Mods and Admins, I think.

Grey: It looks black to me, but everybody calls it grey. That's for regular members.

So, that's it for colors. Meep already tackled pretty much all the other questions, so I can't ask anything else. *whimpers* So, great to meet you. Feel free to PM me for any questions you have, any reviews you need, or if you just want to chat. I'll be available. See ya around!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:11 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey and Welcome

So what genre do you write? And what are your favorite authors/books/movies/music/ food/ color?

if you need anything, feel free to pm me.

see ya later.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:16 pm
Incognito says...

Okay, now I feel left out of the blue (HA! My font is blue!). I am no where near you guys. I am stuck in Canada!

Welcome to YWS Zyth! Don't be afraid. We don't bite [s]hard[/s].
It seems Meep and WaterVyper covered most of the rules. I guess that is what happens when you come in late!

Well, I would like to remind you that when you are posting one of your works, please indeed rate it. We like to know what we are getting into. It also will let your story be on the front page meaning more people are likely to see it. Just to let you know Rated 'R' is mature/sexual content or you use the 'f' word.

Gah! It also seems they have asked my favourite questions! I guess I will just have to branch off from the usual and end up in the usual.
1) If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? [s]Say Canada! Nobody ever does.[/s]
2) If you were stuck in a bubble for the rest of your life, what would you do to prevent boredom?
3) How might you take over the world with only one nuclear missile?
4) Is it possible to eat grapes through you nose?
5) Have you ever picked your nose in public and got caught? [s]Tell the truth![/s]

Well, it was nice to meet you, and if you need any help, I will be on all day because I have been dead dog sick. It is absolutely horrible. It makes me want to kill myself! Also, if you are in need of friendship from a sad Canadian, I am also here!

~Incognito (The Stealthiest of the Stealthy)

[Color was too bright. | Snoink]
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:27 pm
View Likes
Threnody says...

Hello Zyth!

Are you enjoying YWS? I hope so.

Singapore... nice sounding place.

So, what do you enjoy writing? I write poetry. Honestly, trust me, don't look at any of my short stories. Just don't.

Ah, I remember kindergarten stories. My first story was about a princess and her cat.

And I do want to know more about you! Especially your favorite music.

Seems as if everyone's already covered rules. So just PM me or anyone else here if you have any questions.

Peace, Love and Sugar Packets~
Forever Threnody
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:46 pm
MySunshine says...

Hey Zyth!
Hope you're enjoying it here so far ;)

I heard lots of great things about Singapore! I'm originally from South Korea, but I live in Germany now ^^

That's cute! I didn't really know how to write stories when I was that small xDD

So, what are your favorites? Like, books, movies and musicians?

Feel free to ask me for help, too ;)
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:28 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

You are getting a bit of a blue overload here. Anyway, time for one more!

Haha! I wrote my first story when I was in kindergarten too. My teacher said story time would have been lost without me. ^_^ It's nice that you got into writing so early!

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:48 am
daydreamer9 says...

Even though you've recieved about a dozen or so welcomes, I just wanted to offer you another one (or two.)

So, Welcome welcome to YWS! Basically everyone else has given you the rules. Rules are rules and I suggest you follow them. One time my friend didn't follow them, and guess what? Everyone was still nice and helped her get back on track!!! Isn't that crazy? The people at YWS are so very kind and oh so very helpful. If you ever get confused with anything here, just PM me.

And fun stuff. There is so much fun stuff to do here. One of my favorite things is a forum called "Randomness". Considering randomness is my state of mind, it's perfect for me. You can access it by going to the Community Forums sections. It's is toward the bottom of the page there.

Anywho, tell me about yourself. Let me think of an original question that I have never asked some one before. . .hmmm. I got it! What is your biggest pet peeve? Mine is being embarrassed by people. I hate it almost as much as I hate Fs on tests!

PM me anytime. I'm always on YWS (no lie.)

-dd9
live like there's no tomorrow, dream like you'll live forever.

be the change you wish to see in the world
-gandi

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:07 am
fluteluvr77 says...

Whoa NO WAY! I'm from Singapore too!! yay! **smiles and waves like a psychopath**. There aren't really any rules that the others haven't covered. So, feel free to PM me if you want to talk about anything or need a review! =]

fluteluvr77<3
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:02 am
Snoink says...

Lol! The Singers are attacking! :D

I'm Snoink. I like long walks on the beach... wait. Wrong introduction. :P

Welcome to YWS! I hope you have a fabulous time. :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:42 pm
Demeter says...

Hey, Zyth!

Welcome to YWS! I hope you find this place very nerve-soothing and calm. But I doubt it.

Mwahaha.

I love YWS. It's nice to have you as a part of it!

Feel free to PM me anytime, if you have questions, or just because you feel like it.

See you around!

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:19 am
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Hello Zyth! Welcome to YWS! I'm Winter.

You are from Singapore? I want to visit Singapore. It must be warm there! It's wonderful being able to meet so many people from countries all over the world. We have people from Finland, USA, Canada, England, Scotland, Ireland, Germany, Australia and a lot more that I've forgotten to mention on this site!

Well, it seems everything has been explained. Sorry this is a rather useless greeting!

PM me with any questions!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

I just write poetry to throw my mean callous heartless exterior into sharp relief. I’m going to throw you off the ship anyway.
— Vogon Captain (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy)