z

Young Writers Society

Hiya

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:17 am
kelseyhicks93 says...

Hiya peoples! I'm totally new here, but an aspiring writer. So... what do you do on here? How do you even find stuff to read? It said I have to review twice before I post. What would be the best way to go about doing that? How does something get popular? :D

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:09 am
Night Mistress says...

Hi and welcome.

If you are looking for something to read, go to the writing drop down list and choose 'Read and Review" and then choose the genre that you want to read.

it's that simple.

So what genre do you write? and what are your favorites?

Pm me if you need anything.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:34 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

So, to cover a couple of wee little rules here on YWS:

1- Please review before posting any of your work! Yes, we would love to see it, but if everybody posted and nobody reviews where would YWS be? You only need to do 2 reviews for every one work you post. That's called the 2:1 ratio rule, and it's asked you always keep that ratio the more works you post.
2- Chat-speak is disliked here, to say the least. Please use proper capitalization, grammar and spelling. "lol" and other phrase abbreviations are fine, just don't overdo it.

Also, when you so post your work, please rate it! Rated works (unless rated R) show up on the front page for all to see! You might even get more comments. :wink: Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

So, tell us a bit more about yourself. :D What do you like to read? Write? Who are your favourite authors?

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:10 am
Incognito says...

AHA! Now it is my turn to rant!
Welcome to YWS! Were all you dreams come true!
Well, it seems they told you the rules... and how to find the stories so my job will to inform you unceremoniously what the bizarre coloured names are, for we all know, the bizarre coloured names are awesome.

Light Blue ---> Greeters. Our job to make you feel absolutely welcome and fluffy inside. We also will tell you all the rules and aspects on the site. We are most likely the first kind of person you will meet. Example; Me for instance, or Rosey Unicorn.
Purple ---> Intructors. Those people give indepth reviews and critiques on your writing. These people definetely know there stuff so if you need a great review contact one of them. The Greeters and Instructors are also here to help you if you have any questions.
Light Green and Green ---> Junior Moderators and Moderators. Junior Moderators are people nominated by their peers and have been on the site and definetely know their stuff. These people are in training to become a Moderator. And now the dreaded Moderators are the people that make sure you are following the rules and making sure you are no offending to anybody. The people deserve a lot of respect. For Example; Snoik
Red ---> The Admins. These are the people who made the site (Nate) and who keep the site maintenanced or had a part in the making (Mesug-- something or other). Definetely be respectful to these people because we would not be here if it weren't for them.
Orange ---> The Distinguished Members. These people are distinguished for some odd reason. Most likely they are a retired Moderator.

Well, that is all the special colours for the special names.

Why don't you explain about yourself more. Ramble why don't you? It is good to get this out there and you will most likely find that someone has another common interest as you and you might make a good friend.

~Incognito (The stealthiest of the stealthy).
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:39 am
Rosendorn says...

Incognito Temptation wrote:(Mesug-- something or other).

Her name's Meshugenah, but people just call her Mesh.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:55 am
daydreamer9 says...

Hiya kesleyhicks!!! Welcome to YWS. I'm sure that you'll soon feel right at home here.

I'm dd9, by the way. I'm still searching for my lost nickname, so if you find it somewhere, let me know! It ran away one day and now I just don't what to call myself. . . :wink:

It looks like mostly all your questions were answered, but one wasnt'.

How does something get popular?

Good question. Hmmm, that's a tough one. I'd have to say popularity here is achieved similarly how books gain popularity. Basically, it takes a few things: great content, realistic emotion, a strong message, something that pulls the reader in, and most importantly, something that sets it apart from the rest. It's a lot, I know, but that's basically how I see it.

Remember though: popularity is overrated! What's great about this site is that with some careful searching you can find great works that have been overlooked. Again, populatiry isn't much here. Everything gets a review! :D

I hope I've helped! Welcome again.

If you ever have any questions or just want to talk, PM me. I'm always willing to help a fellow writer in need!

-dd9
live like there's no tomorrow, dream like you'll live forever.

be the change you wish to see in the world
-gandi

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:48 am
WaterVyper says...

Hey kelsey! Do you mind if I call you that, or would you prefer your full forum name? I'm WaterVyper, but you can call me anything. People've taken to calling me Vyper, so I guess I got by that. Anywa, it's my turn!

Here on YWS, we have lots of usergroups made for people who share certain interests. These groups are found under the 'Groups' button, right next to the Writing button that Night Mistress mentioned. If you click there, you'll find a whole lot of groups. Search through them, and you'll find some that you like eventually. It makes joining YWS a lot more fun!

And a couple more questions. What are your interests in movies? Music? Other hobbies? Well, that's all I can say for now. Feel free to say anything about yourself, we won't mind. So, if you have any questions, need some reviews, or anything, PM me. See ya around sometime!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:56 pm
MySunshine says...

Hey kelseyhicks!
Welcome to YWS! I hope you're enjoying it here :D

So basically, all questions have been asked that I'd have asked as well ^^
Tell us some more about yourself ;)

If you want to review, I'd suggest that you go to the literary forums and choose a genre that you really like, and then you just pick a piece that appeals to you. There are lots of awesome stories here! ;)

Have fun browsing ^^
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:50 pm
Reuben A says...

Ooook, I looooove questions.

So... what do you do on here?

Read & critt others pieces, write your piece, get your piece read & critted, play games - Like in randomeness.
*Goes into dreamy state*

How do you even find stuff to read?

literature.php
Once there, pick a catogary and voila.

It said I have to review twice before I post. What would be the best way to go about doing that?

Well...if you would like a person to describe something more, quote it - Like above - and write under it some thing like: describe more of how...looks . Same with spelling ect.

How does something get popular?

sadly, :smt102 ask someone who has written something really poular. But I think You have to have a gripping title to get people to click one it. Then you need to have a good story so people would read & critt it.

pm ME if you need anything.
Rules & Guidlines: rules.php

~LUBEN
So stadig loop ons deur die pers Jakarandas wat val,die bome word kaal Pa staar na die beeld van Botha wat reis op sy perd,Hy wonder was bloed soveel werd.Soveel jare dra hy aan die naam van 'n plek,Soveel jare moet ons nou laat gaan,Is die naam dan so erg,so bitter en sleg?Hoekom gooi jul dit weg?

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:32 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

Hi I am SimonCowellLuver (SCL) for short. So you want to know what we do on here. Almost everything. lol. It becomes addicting because its hard to get off the computer every night. XD.

So what do you like to write? I am a poetry and song writer mostly. Sometimes I write fiction stories. Well If you want to pst your writing check out the rules section on the site ok?

TTYL

SimonCowellLuver :) :roll:
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

We are all broken. That's how the light gets in.
— Ernest Hemingway