z

Young Writers Society

Wellcome to Desolation Row [New member]

Reviews: 4
Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:01 am
Nai-Xi says...

Hello I am a new member here at young writers society. I find this website to be the best website where I can share some of my works with the rest of the world.[Yes I scanned the Internet.] My full name is Julian Martinez and my writing name is Nai or Nai-Xi [which ever you prefer]. I am a writer and a poet. I have a about 3 books I am working on. One is about the war between 2 races of vampire. It has your basic hero story. There is a teenage kid that dose not know where he is from or why he is different, a rising dark army that is taking of their world, and a legendary sword that should bring peace to there world that is in chaos. This story is not set on earth. It is a different planet [although there is a portal on the 2 planets which connect each other but no one knows of it. Except a small hand few.] This world of D.A.R.K[which stands for Demonic, Aero, Runix, and Kunix] was founded around the same time around the old stone age on earth. A group of small people wandered into the wilderness to find the portal that brings them to a world with barren waste lands and beautiful river valleys. After a few million years this world evolves and it populated with different tribes. But some 1600 century explorers find the same portal used to get there and find that the world they found revolves allot slower then earths rotation. The earth year to the vampire planet year ratio is about 1:1000. So these explorers have accident that destroys the portal and 4 party's of explorers are trapped inside the vampire world. They separate and from the four dark tribes. These tribes evolve advance about light years faster than earths technology. More of this story will be put later when i form some sort of summery for the whole history of my idea. A sample of my type of creative writing is on my profile. I do not have enough time to formulate a little part of my writing.[I promise I will do so later.]
And yes I do write poetry. You will get a full poem [once I'm done with it] and It may be up on Friday.[I am very picky about my work].
So just tell me what you think of my ideas and give me some tips. =]
Last edited by Nai-Xi on Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Speak every time you stand so you do not forget yourself." Anis Mojgani

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:28 am
Juniper says...

Hey there Nai-Xi!

I'm going to call you that :D. Quick heads-up: It's really better not to post your real name on the internet :).

Sweeeet! A new member that looks awesome :D.

Honestly, I can't argue with you ;). This probably is the best site around for young writers :D.

Anyway! Welcome to YWS! Let me brief you on the main rules:

• No chatspeak: We're writers! We prefer for you to say "Are" instead of "r" or "you" instead of "u". It's proper, and you seem so much cooler if you don't chatspeak.

• 2:1 policy: Before posting something of your work, you should review at least two pieces by someone else. This way the reviews keep going around and you're more likely to get reviews.

Also! Remember to rate your work. If your piece contains the F-word, rate it R. If it contains mild swearing, violence and such, PG-13 is appropriate. This is a family friendly site, so just to be safe ;).

You will see some colored people around here, like me, for example. Here's the legend:

• Red = Admin. There are only two of these; Nate and Meshugenah. These are the people who work the gears and put the cookie together :D.

• Green (dark) = Moderators. These are the people who manage the forums and generally help to keep things moving swiftly. They're also the police in a good way :D. If something goes wrong, you can report to them.

• Green (light) = Junior Moderators. These are the people who manage certain areas of the site and put a collective effort forth to make this place work perfectly.

• Purple = Instructors. These people focus on giving good, indepth reviews on your work. You're welcome to bug us for critiques anytime :D.

• Blue = Greeters. These are the people who welcome new people to the site and help you find your way around. You're absolutely welcome to ask them about how this site works.

•Black/Grey/whateveryoucallit = Regular members. These members fill up the population and get to enjoy this place without doing any extra work ;). Here's where you stand now :D.

Wow! Your ideas sound fantastic! I'm not a big fan of vampire stories, but those do sound interesting.

So, do you like poetry? Who's your favorite author? What made you think that YWS was the best place for your work? (It is, haha, I'm just nosy ;))

If you need anything, feel free to PM me anytime. Welcome aboard!
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:32 am
niteowl says...

Hi Nai-Xi! Wow, I can't believe I'm the first Greeter to welcome you!

Now, since I'm first to post, I'll give you a little bit of the rules. The two big ones are:
1) Review at least two pieces before posting a story. This ensures that everything gets reviewed and nothing is left un-critiqued.
2) Chatspeak is not tolerated. Please try to use proper spelling and grammar.

For more important rules and tips about the site, check out the "Help and Support" section in the top right corner.

Well, your stories sound very interesting, but I'm not much of a story critiquer. When you're ready (and after you've done at least two reviews!) go ahead and post a sample of it. Trust me, your story will get ripped apart. However, it's not because we're mean; it's because we want to help you improve.

That said, on to the fun stuff. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt007 :smt004 :smt026 :smt024 :smt016 :smt021 :smt020 :smt027 :smt031 :smt041 :smt059 :smt068 :smt072 :smt064 :smt077 :smt114 :smt084 :smt109 :smt101 :smt083 :smt116 :smt115 :pirate1: :ftw: :smt035
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:13 am
Night Mistress says...

Hi and Welcome

So from your vampires, I guess you write horror?

well, since all of the rules and thing have been explain, there is no need for me here anymore.

See ya around.

PS: Pm me if you need anything.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:28 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

June beat me to everything. Gotta love it. ^_^

It sounds like you're a sci-fi/fantasy author. I'm a pure fantasy author. Even when I do something realistic is has an element of magic to it.

So, if you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:10 am
MeadowLark says...

Hey howdy hey! Sorry, that just sounds funny. Well, welcome to our funny family of writers. Ha, I hope you enjoy yourself here. It's addicting and sooo much fun. Can't wait to read some of your writing and don't forget to review.

Chowza!

~Meadow~
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:53 am
WaterVyper says...

Hey Nai-Xi! Great to see another new face. Google chrome and internet explorer were mean, and they didn't let me access YWS for a couple of days. So, how are ya? I can't think right now, since I gotta do homework. Anyway, it's great to see you around. Feel free to PM me for anything you need, so... yeah. See ya!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:29 pm
Incognito says...

How come I am always late?! June beat us all...
Welcome to YWS Nai! (I will call you that now [s]because it seems I have forgotten the last part[/s].)
You are a vampire writer? I might take a look at your work. I really do enjoy a good vampire story [s]That does no include Twilight. I say burn the book[/s]. Yours does sound quite fascinating. I cannot right anything about vampires. I am horrible at it. What I can do, and prefer, is to write about Lycanthropes (Werewolves).

Because everyone has beaten me hear, why don't I ask so random questions that are out of the blue?
1) Have you ever watched someone through their window really creepily?
2) How might you change the world if you could?
3) What kind of music do you like?
4) Do you have a nervous habit, like biting you nails or picking your nose. [s]HAH![/s]
5) Have you ever gotten high off life and scared your friends away?

Well, because I am don't my interrogation, I shall sum this up. Welcome to YWS and if you do indeed need anything, I am here to listen to your requests. I am a heavy reviewer when ever I get around to reviewing. Don't ask me to review Poetry! I am the worst suited for that!

Well I hope to see you around in the forums.
~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:35 pm
View Likes
Threnody says...

Hello Julian or Nai or Nai-Xi~
(Which do you prefer?)

I'm Coralie, or Thren or Forever or Forever Threnody, (You may call me any one of those name as I honestly couldn't care either way,) here to welcome you to YWS! I hope you're having fun!

Your story sounds so cool! I'd love to read it if you'd post it on here! Just PM me alright? I'm already anxious...

I don't really write stories myself. Poetry mostly... you?

Seems as if others have already covered the rules.

What's your favorite music? I like to know this about everyone. And your favorite book? Or just generally more about you.

Nice meeting you and I hope to see you around!
PM me if you have any questions!

Peace, Love and Sugar Packets~
Forever Threnody
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

"You, who have all the passion for life that I have not? You, who can love and hate with a violence impossible to me? Why you are as elemental as fire and wind and wild things..."
— Gone With the Wind