z

Young Writers Society

Of Jane Austen and Music: All About Angel

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:09 am
Angel of Death says...

So, I know I did one of these before, but I feel like that one was poorly done and I just feel like writing about myself as strange as that sounds.

Well, I'm an only child, and I really hate it because I get blamed for everything. Also, there's no one to talk to sometimes and it gets a little lonely. Right now I'm a freshman in High School, which to tell you the truth is okay but it can be better. I was separated from my friends and now I go to High School with guys who focus more on my chest than my face.

How Did I get Started Writing?

It all started when I was in second grade. I wasn't the most popular girl. I was just this wallflower against the playground fence, jumping in Autumn leaves and I had two best friends. We were thicker than thin, greater than anything. Yes, I was just the geek who wasn't a size two and looked horrible in uniforms, but that was life and I lived it. I was the girl with the dark plain slanted eyes and dark skin and hair that could never do anything but sit there. I hated getting my hair combed and I hated getting it braided and I wished that I inherited my great grandmother's straight ebony tendrils but yes, that's life.
It was me and my mom, and I liked it, though she worked all the time at a job she hated and I had to wake up in the morning to go to my grandmother's house to go to school because we lived outside of Pittsburgh then and my mom wanted me to go to a better school than the one in my current neighborhood. I hated that, but it was all I knew, and it was life. Then I got really sick. I got so sick I'd faint and I'd end up in and out of the hospital. To make a long story short, I was diagnosed with an illness that starts with a P, an illness I can't pronounce. It kept me in the hospital for six weeks.
But before that, I was a dreamer, I was this little girl with reddish-brown pigtails wondering why I didn't have a house and a dog and a brother and a sister and a father and a mother who wasn't sad even though she smiled. Then, my wish came true, but it came too late. I was a vivid reader at the age of seven and I could read anything. My grandmother and mom would spell out things to keep me from understanding their private conversations but I was smart and that caused me a lot of grief. I found out I had a father and I also found out that he wanted my mother to have an abortion and that he didn't want me. Yep, that's what I get for learning how to read to good. When he finally came to meet me, I hated him, I drove myself into fainting spells and I didn't want anything to do with him. My mom fought like hell to find the bastard who left my mom pregnant and on her own only to find this idiot who is stuck-up and has money but doesn't want to lend it and had this girlfriend who smiled but really hated me. I used to ask my mom how come she couldn't buy me a dad from the store and she said she'd get me one and she did but I wanted the receipt, I didn't want him anymore.
Through all that, I started to write. I wrote poetry and raps at first but then I'd write short stories for my other grandmother and she'd post them on her refrigerator. I liked this new world and wanted it more than anything. I wanted to become a character that I made up but I couldn't, and that was life.

Now

I have a tendency of starting a book and not finishing it. I know I'm only fourteen but I have a dream and that dream is to finish a book and get published. It's my passion, it's the one thing that I live for and I love doing it. I mean when I found YWS I was so happy that there were others out there that understood what writing was to them.
I know my life before seemed really bad before but now it's better. I don't have nothing to do with the bastard anymore and my grandmother (his mother) is still trying to make me feel guilty for not calling him. But I don't care really. You can think me harsh, but I gave him chances.

Current Projects

If Love is not Enough

Teresa Harrison is a girl who is book-smart and can’t stand high-school boys. She has two friends Warren and Izzy, who depend on her for everything and on top of that, her mother hasn’t dated since her father died years ago and her brother, Marco is getting worse by the minute. Then one day, Terry and Izzy join a book club at the local library.

Rendition (Formally known as The Jane Effect)

This a tale of Elizabeth Greenly, a girl who was forced into an arranged marriage arranged by her mother and Lady Thorrington. She was promised to William Harvey, Lady Thorrington's handsome nephew but there are secrets behind every planned engagement.

I have many more but I am currently just focusing on these two. You can follow my YWS Journal Sunshine and Rain, Angels and Writer's Block: A Journal if you want to be updated on projects and other things.

The Angel You Know and Love

Here's some facts about moi

1. I live in Pittsburgh
2. I am a Jane Austen fan
3. I like the Twilight Series and Edward and Edward and Stephenie Meyer is an amazing writer in my opinion
4. My favorite color is pink
5. I love the Regency and Victorian era
6. Favorite Books: Jane Eyre, Pride and Prejudice, Twilight, The Host, I am Rembrandt's Daughter, Just Listen, The Truth About Forever, Faking 19, Northanger Abbey, Mansfield Park, The Host.
7. Favorite Authors: Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Alyson Noel and Sarah Dessen
8. I love love love love music!!
9. Favorite Bands/Artists: Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, John Mayer, James Blunt, The Fray, The Spill Canvas, Mayday Parade, Secondhand Serenade, low vs. Diamond, Maroon 5, Ne-Yo, T-Pain, The All-American Rejects, We the Kings, Kanye West, Robin Thicke, One Republic, Coldplay, T.I.
10. Johnny Depp is my favorite actor!
11. I'm addicted to Masterpiece Classic
12. Favorite Movies: Becoming Jane, Howl's Moving Castle, Only You, Spirited Away, Pride and Prejudice, The Illusionist, The Prestige, Tristan and Isolde, Emma, Angel Eyes, Iron Man, The Bodyguard, Moulin Rouge, Elizabethtown, The Dark Knight, It's A Wonderful Life, Brideshead Revisited, The Duchess, The Phantom of the Opera, The Princess Bride, The Corpse Bride, Sweeney Todd, Chocolat, A Nightmare Before Christmas, Pirates of the Caribbean 1, 2, & 3, Lord of the Rings (all of them) Harry Potter (all of them), The Lake House, Titanic, Twilight, Sense and Sensibility, Wuthering Heights, Aladdin, Lilo and Stitch, Sleeping Beauty, and Beauty and the Beast
13. I am currently without a religion but I am not an atheist. I carry God with me everywhere I go.
14. I don't think there is any right or wrong religion. I just love it though when people have faith and I think it's fascinating so I often put that in my stories.
15. I love Yewis (and the fact that the spellcheck says it's a word)
16. I love historical romances
17. I've never been kissed and I'm not ashamed of admitting that. I believe in true love.
18. Favorite TV shows: Heroes, Smallville, Supernatural, Law and Order, Law and Order CI, Law and Order SVU, Monk, Psych
19. My favorite Disney character is Stitch.
20. Lucky numbers are 7 and 18
21. I hate the number 13
22. My B-Day is June 21st
23. I love a good horror story
24. Romantic Fiction is my favorite
25. Currently listening to: Love Love Love (Love Love) by As Tall as Lions (Tis a good song)

Well, I've said enough about me but if you want to know more or have any questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,

~Angel
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:09 pm
Incognito says...

You seem to have a sad life former life. It nearly brought a tear to my eye. The only problem I had with family was pets dying and immature fights. I am glad that writing has improved your life so much. It sounds that you can actually be happy now.

I have no doubt in mind that you will right a novel and get it published because that is what it seems you have your heart set on doing. I am with you all the way.

There was a couple things that popped out to me, the fact that you have watched Howl's Moving Castle, and Spirited Away. Those are some of my absolute favourite movies. I also noticed that you like Seconhand Serenade. I love those guys a lot. I learned about them even before they got on he radio with Fall for You.

Well it was nice meeting you!

~Incongito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

582 Reviews

Reviews: 582
Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:48 pm
KJ says...

Hello Angel! I"m glad you found this site, too :)

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:39 am
Angels-Symphony says...

Angel of Death wrote:So, I know I did one of these before, but I feel like that one was poorly done and I just feel like writing about myself as strange as that sounds.

Well, I'm an only child, and I really hate it because I get blamed for everything. Also, there's no one to talk to sometimes and it gets a little lonely. Right now I'm a freshman in High School, which to tell you the truth is okay but it can be better. I was separated from my friends and now I go to High School with guys who focus more on my chest than my face.

It all started when I was in second grade. I wasn't the most popular girl. I was just this wallflower against the playground fence, jumping in Autumn leaves and I had two best friends. We were thicker than thin, greater than anything. Yes, I was just the geek who wasn't a size two and looked horrible in uniforms, but that was life and I lived it. I was the girl with the dark plain slanted eyes and dark skin and hair that could never do anything but sit there. I hated getting my hair combed and I hated getting it braided and I wished that I inherited my great grandmother's straight ebony tendrils but yes, that's life.
It was me and my mom, and I liked it, though she worked all the time at a job she hated and I had to wake up in the morning to go to my grandmother's house to go to school because we lived outside of Pittsburgh then and my mom wanted me to go to a better school than the one in my current neighborhood. I hated that, but it was all I knew, and it was life. Then I got really sick. I got so sick I'd faint and I'd end up in and out of the hospital. To make a long story short, I was diagnosed with an illness that starts with a P, an illness I can't pronounce. It kept me in the hospital for six weeks.
But before that, I was a dreamer, I was this little girl with reddish-brown pigtails wondering why I didn't have a house and a dog and a brother and a sister and a father and a mother who wasn't sad even though she smiled. Then, my wish came true, but it came too late. I was a vivid reader at the age of seven and I could read anything. My grandmother and mom would spell out things to keep me from understanding their private conversations but I was smart and that caused me a lot of grief. I found out I had a father and I also found out that he wanted my mother to have an abortion and that he didn't want me. Yep, that's what I get for learning how to read to good. When he finally came to meet me, I hated him, I drove myself into fainting spells and I didn't want anything to do with him. My mom fought like hell to find the bastard who left my mom pregnant and on her own only to find this idiot who is stuck-up and has money but doesn't want to lend it and had this girlfriend who smiled but really hated me. I used to ask my mom how come she couldn't buy me a dad from the store and she said she'd get me one and she did but I wanted the receipt, I didn't want him anymore.
Through all that, I started to write. I wrote poetry and raps at first but then I'd write short stories for my other grandmother and she'd post them on her refrigerator. I liked this new world and wanted it more than anything. I wanted to become a character that I made up but I couldn't, and that was life.

Now

I have a tendency of starting a book and not finishing it. I know I'm only fourteen but I have a dream and that dream is to finish a book and get published. It's my passion, it's the one thing that I live for and I love doing it. I mean when I found YWS I was so happy that there were others out there that understood what writing was to them.
I know my life before seemed really bad before but now it's better. I don't have nothing to do with the bastard anymore and my grandmother (his mother) is still trying to make me feel guilty for not calling him. But I don't care really. You can think me harsh, but I gave him chances.

Current Projects

If Love is not Enough

Teresa Harrison is a girl who is book-smart and can’t stand high-school boys. She has two friends Warren and Izzy, who depend on her for everything and on top of that, her mother hasn’t dated since her father died years ago and her brother, Marco is getting worse by the minute. Then one day, Terry and Izzy join a book club at the local library.

This a tale of Elizabeth Greenly, a girl who was forced into an arranged marriage arranged by her mother and Lady Thorrington. She was promised to William Harvey, Lady Thorrington's handsome nephew but there are secrets behind every planned engagement.

I have many more but I am currently just focusing on these two. You can follow my YWS Journal Sunshine and Rain, Angels and Writer's Block: A Journal if you want to be updated on projects and other things.

1. I live in Pittsburgh
3. I like the Twilight Series and Edward and Edward and Stephenie Meyer is an amazing writer in my opinion
6. Favorite Books: Jane Eyre, Pride and Prejudice, Twilight, The Host, I am Rembrandt's Daughter, Just Listen, The Truth About Forever, Faking 19, Northanger Abbey, Mansfield Park, The Host.
7. Favorite Authors: Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Alyson Noel and Sarah Dessen
9. Favorite Bands/Artists: Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, John Mayer, James Blunt, The Fray, The Spill Canvas, Mayday Parade, Secondhand Serenade, low vs. Diamond, Maroon 5, Ne-Yo, T-Pain, The All-American Rejects, We the Kings, Kanye West, Robin Thicke, One Republic, Coldplay, T.I.
12. Favorite Movies: Becoming Jane, Howl's Moving Castle, Only You, Spirited Away, Pride and Prejudice, The Illusionist, The Prestige, Tristan and Isolde, Emma, Angel Eyes, Iron Man, The Bodyguard, Moulin Rouge, Elizabethtown, The Dark Knight, It's A Wonderful Life, Brideshead Revisited, The Duchess, The Phantom of the Opera, The Princess Bride, The Corpse Bride, Sweeney Todd, Chocolat, A Nightmare Before Christmas, Pirates of the Caribbean 1, 2, & 3, Lord of the Rings (all of them) Harry Potter (all of them), The Lake House, Titanic, Twilight, Sense and Sensibility, Wuthering Heights, Aladdin, Lilo and Stitch, Sleeping Beauty, and Beauty and the Beast
13. I am currently without a religion but I am not an atheist. I carry God with me everywhere I go.
14. I don't think there is any right or wrong religion. I just love it though when people have faith and I think it's fascinating so I often put that in my stories.
17. I've never been kissed and I'm not ashamed of admitting that. I believe in true love.
18. Favorite TV shows: Heroes, Smallville, Supernatural, Law and Order, Law and Order CI, Law and Order SVU, Monk, Psych
21. I hate the number 13
25. Currently listening to: Love Love Love (Love Love) by As Tall as Lions (Tis a good song)

Well, I've said enough about me but if you want to know more or have any questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,

~Angel

Hey Angel ^^ It's Shina. It's good to know more about you. You like Supernatural :O My friends Samia and Jazlyn would freak, literally, to find another Supernatural fan. They are in love with Jared Padelecki and Jenson. The character Samuel Winchester is their dream. xD Since my mom doesn't believe in reality television like that, I have to pay attention to their facts and learned about the whole series just by listening to their conversations xD

Some people would find it ironic that your favorite genre is romantic fiction, but you've never had a bf or been kissed. But isn't that the reason why people like romantic fiction? Because they believe love should be the way it is in fiction? The people who don't get that love sometimes only seems like a thing in books really need a reality check. It just might be a thing of fiction for most people. So I'm glad you're not ashamed, Angel!

As for your dad, well there's a lot of people like that. It's just the way it is, but that can't stop you from living your life well and helping your mom out. Don't feel guilty for anything that isn't your fault, and don't cry for anyone who won't cry for you.

When it comes to HS, keep it real and don't take most of it to heart. Be positive and shine your light on other people. For get those guys, I mean really, dating over 10 girls in one school year is not an accomplishment for a guy in my book. They're a waste of time and what they say is "love" is nothing more than half hearted feeling.

I have to go right now, but nice hearing moer about you!
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:40 am
Angels-Symphony says...

Angel of Death wrote:So, I know I did one of these before, but I feel like that one was poorly done and I just feel like writing about myself as strange as that sounds.

Now

Current Projects

If Love is not Enough

1. I live in Pittsburgh
21. I hate the number 13

Cheers,

~Angel
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

attempting foot extraction
— Mea