z

Young Writers Society

Brand new... Looking for writer friends

Reviews: 1
Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:36 pm
inksword says...

Hey, i'm inkswod and i'm brand new... I write TONS, i'm just really slow at typing... My parents don't support my writing at all, so i'm mostly just here for some postitive feedback on my stuff that doesn't include "its too god for me too edit!!!" And i'd liketo find some writer-friends too, anyone who feels like talking!

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:46 pm
Incognito says...

Well, inksword, welcome to YWS! Don't worry, we don't bite [s]hard[/s].
This site is great for feedback like that. They tell you how to increase your writing skills and tell you what you did wrong. Most of us are nice here, there are some though who are just plain bizarre [s]like me[/s].

But before you post some of your stories, there are some rules you must abide to. How unfortunate.
1) Please Minimize Chat Speak ---> Here because we are a writers society we prefer proper grammer and capitalization. I don't think you will do this, but try not to use abbreviations like 'u' instead of you, or 'lol'. We will let it slip every once and a while, but if you write it in every post you might get us a little annoyed.
2) The 2:1 Ratio ---> The 2:1 Ratio means that before you can put up a piece of your work, you have to have reviewed two other pieces. This rule assures that everyone will get a review and let me tell you, if you review somebody elses work, they will feel compelled to review yours.

Your parents are supportive of your writing? How sad. But don't worry, here, we will be abnormally supportive because that is just who we are.

Now why don't you tell us a bit more about your self. I will start you off with some questions.
1) What is your favourite colour?
2) If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? [s]Say Canada![/s]
3) What id your favourite food?
4) What would you prefer to call you on this site?
5) What is your favourite genre to read?

Well thats all, and I hope to see you around.

~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:50 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey.

Welcome to YWS.

So what genre do you write and what are you favorites authors/books/movies?

If you need anything feel free to pm me.

See ya around
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:17 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

So, a little reminder here when you post your work: Please rate it. If it's rated (and not rated R) then it will show up on the front page. And if it shows up on the front page, it's likely you'll get more comments. And who doesn't want that? :wink: The little note about rated R thing: if you use the f-word and/or have graphic scenes you must rate it R.

I'm guessing you like Inkheart from your username? Do you like any other fantasy?

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Reviews: 43
Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:29 pm
Amniel says...

Welcome! Others already covered the basic things, but I will tell about different types of users.

Blues: Greeters, the people who stalk here in the welcome section and bore new people with the rules.
Purples: Instructioners, the people who instruct you with your writing
Greens: Moderators
Oranges: Distinguished users
Nothing: Just plain ol' users who have yet to be seduced by any of the things above. The best tip (only partially because I tell it) to starting here is to be friendly, and you will get friends. Review the works of others, and yours shall be reviewed. That and go to the randomness forum and go to the "what are you reading" thread, I made it. For questions that need answers that aren't boring *cough* others *cough*, pm me. I hope you will have a good time here in

Y W S
e e l
s i a
t r v
e d e
r r
d y
a
y'
s
Whehw that last thingy took long to write...oh well
If the road is easy, the destination is worthless.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:39 pm
Flux says...

Hey! Welcome to YWS. I'll be your friend *How desperate to I sound?* No fears. You'll find plenty of friends at YWS in no time!

LaReina!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:50 pm
deleted_5 says...

Hello! Welcome to YWS!!! I'd love to be your friend!! So, what do you write? Fantasy? Fanfic? Realistic fiction? Sci-fi? I write adventure fiction. I can't wait to see what you write!

PM me (Private Message) when you post anything or if you have any questions. :smt102

Lucy Pennykettle
I hate television. I hate it as much as I hate peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts. I also hate being on television, I hate it as much as people hate chocolate. But they always want chocolate.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:58 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hi! I'd like to be your friend too, inksword. Well, what other interests do you have aside from writing? Here on YWS we have userrgoups, created for people who share certain interests. For example, we have one for cartoons, fantasy, Harry Potter, and tons more. Well, everyone already explained everything else, so there isn't much to say.

Feel free to PM me for anything you need- be they questions, reviews, or friendship! See ya around sometime!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:59 am
daydreamer9 says...

Welcome inksword!

You're screenname perfectly matches YWS. If you haven't seen the logo at the top of the screen, it's a sword and a pencil. Ink and sword. Very cool!

Any whoo, I'm dd9. I have a long list of nick names that I can't recite without some guidance. Most people here at YWS don't know what to call me. . .it's kind of fun to confuse people! :]

Here at YWS you'll make an incredible amount of friends very quickly. Every one here is so nice and is willing to take the time to review your work. It's one big family, full of all different types of people from all different place. Even the crazy people (like me) fit in here!

If you have any questions, just PM me. I'm always willing to help a fellow writer in need. Know you've got a friend in me.

-dd9
live like there's no tomorrow, dream like you'll live forever.

be the change you wish to see in the world
-gandi

As my artist’s statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance.
— Calvin