z

Young Writers Society

Hey =]

529 Reviews

Reviews: 529
Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:19 pm
xDudettex says...

Hey everyone!

I'm xDudettex aka Anna, am new here and just wanted to say hello. I found this site whilst searching for tips on writing and after looking around the site, I decided to join. You all seem so friendly here which is one of the reasons i joined.

I'm 18 years old and live in Bristol, England. I love writing and always have done, but recently it's turned from a hobby to something I do on a regular basis. I started writing my first book when I was 13 and finished it a couple of years ago. I've written another book since then which I finished last october. It's teenage fiction, but it doesn't really have a specific genre. I'm now writing my third book, which I hope to develop into a trilogy.

I love music too, especially Paramore and Simple plan. I tend to listen to music whilst writing as I find the lyrics inspire me.

So anyway i just wanted to say hey.

xDudettex

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:43 pm
Flux says...

Well, hello there! Welcome to the wacky "family" of YWS. I'm only thirteen, but I have turned my hobby of writing into something I do everyday. I forget whose picture it is on here, but it says: "I write to stay sane." Its very true for me.

Before I ramble on, I just want to point some crucial information out to you. At YWS we have two rules that must be followed.
1) Minimize chat-speak. Try to say "you" instead of "u" and "the" instead of "da." You can still say "lol" and such, but try to use proper words and grammar.
2) Follow the YWS 2:1 ratio. You must review two of another person's works before posting one of your own.

So, you like Paramore as well? They're one of my favourite bands. I love their song "We Are Broken." Its probably my favourite. I, as well, love to listen to music when I'm writing. I pick out songs depending on my mood/ the part I'm at then I let the lyrics coax me into my "Dream World."

Have you published any of your books? I aspire to do that one day. It is my biggest ambition. I am so determined to do it that I will hurt myself if I never get to doing it one day. I am fearless on paper.

So what are your "favourites?" Favourite movie/ book/ author/ song/ writing genre/ etc,.

I hope you find some new friends on here. And if you need a friend, or need help, feel free to PM me-- or anyone, really.

LaReina!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:06 pm
*DaughteroftheMoon* says...

Welcome!
So, you like Paramore too? I listen to a few of there songs. Lucky, I can't seem to finish anything, not one book! Well, all the major rules have been covered, but if you have any questions, or need any reviews, feel free to PM me.
~Alyss
Amor Vincit Omnia

529 Reviews

Reviews: 529
Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:08 pm
xDudettex says...

Hey - thanks for making me feel so welcome :D

Yeah, Paramore's probably my favourite band. I'd say my favourite song of theirs is either "Brighter" or "Whoa." "Decode," actually helped unblock my writers block a couple of weeks ago, so its been playing over and over on my laptop to keep the ideas coming.

Umm, i've self published my first book - 'Rumours' with 'Authorhouse', but i'd love to publish one of my books with a traditional publisher. It would be amazing. I've got a literary agent at the moment and i'm waiting with bated breath to hear back from a publisher that my agent has put my in contact with. I've sent them my manuscript for my second book titled, 'Lily Foxglove.'

It's hard to pick a favourite book but i do love 'New Moon,' by Stephenie Meyer, so obviously 'Twilight' is my favourite film of the moment.

I don't really have a favourite writing genre, but 'Lily Foxglove' is a mixture of mystery, romance and adventure if there can be such a thing. If not, i've invented it for my own purposes :)

Thanks again for making me feel welcome so quickly

xDudettex

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:01 pm
MySunshine says...

Hey,
welcome to YSW!
I'm sure you'll enjoy it very much here :D I recently joined as well, and I certainly do!

Wow, that's amazing! You finished 2 books already? And published one as well? I totally envy you xD
I've never gotten to the first twenty chapters, I think -_-

I love Paramore, too! Especially since "Twilight" - 'Decode' just rocks ^^

Hope you enjoy it here ;)
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:27 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hello, hello!

Just a quick little reminder about posting your work here on YWS: It would be very nice if you rated it. Rated works show up on the front page (Unless rated R), and that means more people will see it. The more people see it, the more comments you get. And who doesn't want to get more comments? :wink:

Now, the little "rated R" thing is simple. If your novel has the f-word of graphic scenes then it must be rated R. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

There was a person on here who's username was Paramore. Her name's now .:Echolon:. It's not my thing, but, to every their own.

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:57 pm
daydreamer9 says...

Welcome Anna to YWS!

I'm sure that you'll love it here. It's basically a family of writers. We all help each other and go out of our way to make each member feel at home. I know that for me, this website has already helped my writing ablitiy. I'm sure that yours will be come even more marvelous as well.

I looooove Paramore! It's one of my favorite bands. :] Decode is one of my personal favorites as well. I find that music is a great remedy for writer's block.

Any who, I just wanted to welcome you to our community!

If you have any questions, PM me any time. I'm always willing to help a fellow writer in need.

-dd9
live like there's no tomorrow, dream like you'll live forever.

be the change you wish to see in the world
-gandi

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:36 pm
Incognito says...

Welcome to YWS! Don't worry! We do not bite [s]hard[/s].
It is awesome that there is another Paramore fan and by the turn out I think that we could possibly randomly start a Paramore forum. Just kidding.

I am jealous of finishing two books. I have horrible times writing my novel because I keep restarting it. For some odd reason lately I can't get past 10 pages. I always have trouble getting it started.

Well, it seems that they have told you the two main rules of YWS already. So what I will assure you about is the coloured names for those a special people on this site.

The Light Blue names are Greeters, like myself. Our job is to help you join the YWS family, and will most likely be the first people you will meet. We are also around to help new people, like you, if they have issues locating stuff around the sites. Some of us tend to rant, rest assured, but what we tell you is usually helpful.

The Purple names are the Instructors. Those are the people who can give you really indepth reviews on your pieces of work and will tell you how to improve your writing skills. They are also helpful if you need help because they probably will know their way around the site the best.

The Light Green names and Green names are the Junior Moderators and the Moderators. The Junior Moderators have been selected by their peers for that job and they are Moderators in training. The Moderators are the people who make sure all us miscrients are following the rules. Respect these people because most likely they have been on the site for a long time.

The Red names are the Admins. Those are the people who created the site and keep it going doing maitenance and things like that. Nate is one of those people.

Then there is the Orange names which are distinguished members. They are usually retired mods.

Well, because it is apparent that I have ranted too much, I will leave it to someone else to explain the points which will hopefully happen.

It was nice to meet you and if you ever need help, I am here and even if you just need friendship I will also be willing to be of assistance.

~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:44 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Welcome to YWS Anna! I am Winter.

I am incredibly jealous that you have already written two books. I've just started my first and I haven't gotten very far with it. If all goes well I will finish it eventually. :D

I haven't heard of Paramore. It seems I'm the only one! :D But I generally just listen to classical music.

What genre is the trilogy that you're writing? What are your favorite genres to read?

If you have any questions or would like a review, please feel free to PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:03 am
WaterVyper says...

*is jealous* I can't keep my attention span focused on one book. I randomly hop between all three of them, trying to actually finish them, but failing horribly. That's why I'm starting a new one for NaNo. Anyway, welcome to YWS!

I don't like Paramore very much, but I love Simple Plan. Though I still say Linkin Park is better... Moving aside from that, everyone already said everything important, so I won't repeat them. So, feel free to PM me for anything you need, anything at all. So, see ya around the forums sometime!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
— Dr. Seuss