z

Young Writers Society

Meet Cookie

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:49 pm
View Likes
Miss Cook says...

Hello everyone, my name(obviously username) is Miss Cook but I'd rather go by Cookie. So I'm supposed to entroduce myself in this little bit, right? Well, okay then.

I'm thirteen and a half years old and currently trying to build my own entertainment business with my big sister who is two years old then me. I'm a song writer and soon to be guitarist, just trying to find the perfect beginner guitar which I believe to be a Stratocaster. I have a mild ubsession with David Cook(no, I didn't get his last name as my username, Cook is my actual last name). My favorite T.V. shows are Inuyasha, Blood+ and Death Note so I deffinetly love anime. Grammar is something I have with a burning inferno of passion because I can't spell worth beans. Eddie Izzard is my hero/idol and I absolutely love with him. Monty Python is the same.

I'm online schooled basically meaning I go to school on the computer and its cool. :)

I hate Twilight almost as much as I hate Grammar.

My favorite bands/singers are:

Forever the Sickest Kids
NeverShoutNever!
Oasis
The Beatles
Ludo
White Tie Affiar
The Killers
Emmy Rossum
David Cook
Jem
Chiodos
Silverstien
A Fine Frenzy
One Republic
The Ting Tings
Framing Hanley
Breaking Benjamin
Wilco
The Bauhaus
Belle & Sebastian
Death Cab For Cutie
Cute Is What We Aim For

That isn't all of them but I got tired of running through my playlist...

So that's me, mostly. :3

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:20 pm
MySunshine says...

Hey, nice to meet you :D

I just recently joined, too, so I don't know all that much about YWS, but I'd suggest reading the guidelines sooner or later. They're a great help!

Hope you feel comfortable here, and feel free to ask me for help ^^
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:52 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey

Welcome to YWS

Anyways, before I go on, let me tell you that there are two strict rules you must follow:

Number one: The 2:1 YWS ratio. Yes, you cannot escape math here. You must always always always review two works of someone else's before posting one of your own.

Number two: Minimize chat-speak. Yes, you still may use "lol" upon occasion, but say "you" instead of "u" and "the" instead of "da." We try to pride ourselves on using good grammar like every writer does.

So what genre do you write and what are your favorite authors and books?

Pm me if you need anything.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:22 pm
Hannah says...

I have a mild ubsession with David Cook(no, I didn't get his last name as my username, Cook is my actual last name).

Hahah! But that's a good coincidence, right? xD And you like Emmy Rossum? Did you see her in Phantom of the Opera? ^_^ She's pretty good, but Gerard Butler absolutely sucked in that. He shouted the whole thing instead of singing. .__________. -has strong opinions-

Anyways! xD Hello! Welcome to YWS! I'm Hannah, and I'm pretty new myself, but I would like to let you know about some things I've learned in my time here -- the hard way. xD I'll save you some pain.

First of all, even if you have a lot of points saved up {eventually}, try posting only one or two pieces of your work a day and let them get some reviews before posting more! ^_^

Secondly, be sure to rate the works that you post. If you work has the F-word or graphic things in it, you'll need to rate it R so it won't show up on the front page and scar people for life. ;C If you rate it less than R, it'll show up on the front page! ^_^ -thumbs up- That's always good, right? Then more people will stop by to see it. C:

Again, welcome! I hope you like it here ~ ^_^

-Hannah-

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:45 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

So, just a little reminder, when you do post your work, please rate it! Rated works (unless rated R) show up on the front page for all to see! Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

You will find plenty of people who dislike twilight, and you will also find those who love them.

There are several places to find grammar help. Check out the Knowledge Base under "Resources" in the header for lots of articles.

If you have any questions PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:03 am
WaterVyper says...

Hi Cookie! That is a crazy coincidence. And you like Blood+ as well! And One Republic too. I can' t say that I've heard of anybody else except for David Cook in your long list. But I can say that my friends dislike David Cook.

Well, I got a few questions. What are your other hobbies? Interests in movies? I guess that's it for now. Feel free to PM me for anything you need- that includes questions, reviews, and friendship. See ya around!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:03 am
daydreamer9 says...

Welcome, Miss Cook, to YWS!

I'm daydreamer9, but most people call me dd9. :] I hope that you are feeling at home here at YWS. The first few days might be a bit confusing, but once you figure the basics out, it's a breeze. The people here are almost unbelievably kind and give the greates advice.

I was looking through your artist list. . .I have to say, I LOVE most of these! Death cab for Cutie, A Fine Frenzy, and One Republic are a few of my personal favorites that you mentioned.

If you have any questions or need help navigating the site, PM me. I'm always willing to help!

-dd9
live like there's no tomorrow, dream like you'll live forever.

be the change you wish to see in the world
-gandi

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:40 am
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Hello Miss Cook. Welcome to YWS! I am Winter.

Did you say you hate Twilight? Oh thank God! I do not like the series at all. Grammar, on the other hand, is very important to me. But don't worry. You will find that your grammar will improve very quickly and easily on this site.

You like anime? I think if you click on the groups button at the top of the page you will find an anime group. Maybe you would like it. There are many wonderful groups that you can join. Look through the list, I'm sure you'll find a few that interest you.

Anyway, if you have any questions please feel free to PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

I hate television. I hate it as much as peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts.
— Orson Welles