z

Young Writers Society

New to YWS

Reviews: 0
Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:11 am
Sarahpuppymom says...

Hello Everyone!

My name is Sarah. I just joined a few minutes ago. I am keeping all the rules in mind, please forgive me if I forget one or two things. A few things about me: I am new to forums and message boards, completely. I love paranormal romance novels. I am in the midst of writing my first fantasy novel, hopefully it will turn into something wonderful. I write poems a lot, they seem to come to mind easier than anything else. My poems are mostly about love and hate.
I have come to this forum for some guidance and some inspiration. Also, I am here to make new friends so feel free to PM me about anything.

Thank you for reading!! :D
"There is something charming to the sound of bullets."- George Washington

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:45 am
Mars says...

Hello Sarah! Since you've already read the rules, I won't mention the 2:1 ratio or no chat speak. Haha, I know, I'm sneaky.

Yay! Another paranormal fan! I'll be excited to read some of your work. Is your fantasy novel also a romance then?

We are plentiful in guidance, inspiration, and friends, so you've come to the right (write) place. Have fun surfing the site, and I'm sure I'll see you around the forums!

-Mars
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:01 am
WaterVyper says...

Hi Sarah! It's great to see you around here. Lots of people like Fantasy here, so I won't think you have a problem fitting in. I like fantasy too, and romance isn't that bad either. I'm not too familiar with paranormal, but I'll check it out when I get the chance.

Well, I'm sure you'll be familiar with the rules, so I won't mention them again. I don't really have anything else to say, apart from the usual questions. What are your favorite books? Who are your favorite authors? Other hobbies? Movies and music?

So, feel free to PM me for anything you need- questions answered, reviews for your work, or if you just want to chat. I'll be looking in the poetry and fantasy sections for your work. See ya around sometime!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:20 pm
deleted_5 says...

Hiya Sarah!

Nice to meet you! I am Lucy Pennykettle, but you can call me lucy or luce.
So, you write poetry and paranormal romance huh? Great! I love paranormal romance also. You'll have to PM me when you post something! Is your fantasy novel going to be romance or have some in it?

I can't wait to see how you write! We're like one big family here. We love to give advice and see writers succeed!

Lucy
I hate television. I hate it as much as I hate peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts. I also hate being on television, I hate it as much as people hate chocolate. But they always want chocolate.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:26 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey.

Welcome to YWS.

So you read paranormal romance novels. I do too.

So you write fantasy and poetry. I write fantasy, but not poetry.

Pm me if you need anything.

See ya round.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:31 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Heh, nice work there Mars. :wink:

Paranormal romance? Like, Twilight? I like romantic fantasy but, nothing with vampires or ghosts, or most things with werewolves.

I've been known to lurk in the fantasy and poetry forums too. I write both, even though I'm starting to expand into realistic short stories.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:06 pm
Flux says...

Whoo! We actually have a member who has read the rules before posting in here. I have yet to meet someone other than you that has. So, anyways, paranormal? That's exciting. I always liked paranormal shows and stuff, anything to creep me out and leave me hiding under my bedcovers for days. I have yet to discover if they're real or not.

It's awesome that you're attempting to write a fantasy novel. I personally stick to the fantasy and such. I like good classic fantasy, like the stuff in Inkheart and such.

I am jealous that you can write poetry. I cannot.

Sorry that this post is so mixed up. I cannot keep my thoughts straight right now.

LaReina!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:04 pm
Gahks says...

Hey there! I'm Gahks - glad to meet you! *handshake*

It brightens up your day when you know someone has actually read the rules before posting! I won't bore you with reminders, so yeah, on to the interesting stuff...

I'm no paranormal romance/fantasy fan myself (LaReina and Mars clearly are!) - I tend to write crime fiction myself - but I love poetry too. If you're really keen to write more and sharpen your skills, head on over to the Poetry Inspiration club in Groups. We're a highly exclusive bunch!

Do you have any hobbies or interests? Me, I enjoy cycling, learning languages and public speaking.

Feel free to PM me if anything's on your mind.

Best wishes,

Gahks
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:16 pm
tori1234 says...

Hello Sarah! It's very nice to meet you!
You will love this website, I know I sure do!
Good luck on your novel!

Keep writing!
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala

If you know what this is from, become my best friend. =)

This report, by its very length, defends itself against the risk of being read.
— Winston Churchill