z

Young Writers Society

Hei everyone

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:42 pm
heffa89 says...

Hello!

I just thought I'd pop in and say 'Hi!'. I just registered and would love to get to know people. I'll post my first chapter of my current project "Mrs. Jones" soon. Right now I'm all busy getting to know the site :wink:

Well, nice to meet you all. Don't hesitate to say 'Hi' back if you feel like it! :D

See ya round, Liz XXX
----------------------------------
OK, so all the nice people in here seems to think i haven't shared enough, and they want more. (WOW i feel popular:P) OK, you asked for it:

I'm a girl from Norway, the southest of Norway, and we got snow today(big yay been waiting two months for it :D ) I just hopes it stays, in my town, it snows than rains then freezes and it not fun at all being outside. There a near 100%guaranty that you will end up on your bottom. So, please let snow just be snow for once :wink:

I'm turning 20 in april, one of my big fears. Ok, i'm not OLD but still im out of my teens, it's a change:P I'm probably being paranoid, but I wouldn't mind being 19 for a little while longer. (Perhaps I should just move to forks and pretend to be dying...)
No, i'm sure it'll turn out alright. My brother is turning 26 in 2 weeks so he's way older...
Which brings on my family. I live at home, having a year of school-before i move to Liverpool-with my mum and dad, and my "baby" my cat, Lizzy, who's hurt her leg. Poor thing:(
As I mentioned i have a brother, halfbrother actually, but that's just biologically. He's my brother, my full brother and -as much as i hate to admit it. I miss him, he currently lives in our capital, Oslo, with his girlfriend for 6 or 7 years now. Yes, i am waiting for the engagement, and to becoming an aunt. I really love kids!

So, in this year of mine out of school which i have to say is absolutely lovely, i work for the most part, and write obviously. I also babysit averagely 2 nights a week, for the sweetest toddler ever, Benjamin.

So, moving on to my writing. Mrs. Jones, is thought of to be a Novel. I'm currently working on my fourth chapter, Having created it all this year, it's all 2009-material. Mrs. Jones is in some way or another a romance novel, the one about the secret love and happy endings? Well, to be honest, im not sure there will be a happy ending as i haven't found out how to end the story. I only know the main plot lines and I'll se where the story and characters take me.
In my head, however, I'm thinking about the plot for another book, a more grown up book, one more about desire, desire for a married man. Well, we'll see how it goes. Of course, if it becomes anything, I will post it here.

As to inspiration, well, JK Rowling is a massive inspiration to me. I absolutely adore her! And Mr. Potter has had me reading english since i was 12. But recently, i've fallen in love with the cullens, and edward in particular, although i LOVE emmet as well. So i'm halfway through Breaking Dawn(don't give me any spoilers:P) And it's hard to put away the books! I love Stephenie Meyer. It's truly fascinating reading how she's created such a believeble mythical wold. I must say i am tempted to move to Forks.

Anything else i missed??

(PS: I absolutely looove this place!)
Last edited by heffa89 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:35 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hello! I'm Vyper, or whatever you want to call me. I'd love to see what you've written, but I gotta explain the rules first. Don't worry, there are only two major ones.

1. Keep the 2:1 review rule. That means that for every work you post, review two pieces of work first. It's very much appreciated around here, and we'd like you to keep that ratio at all times. It'll also make people more inclined to review your own work.

2. No chatspeak. Condensed, it means to use proper grammar, spelling, and capitalization at almost all times. You can get away with some abbreviations like lol, but no replacing for with 4, or kk, or stuff like that. Everyone round these parts has some kind of grammar Nazi, just waiting to pounce... Just kidding. Though seriously, proper grammar is common courtesy around these parts.

Hm, I think you need a tour. I can cover on some of the parts, but somebody else will be able to give a more detailed explanation.

Community forums: This is basically where we can 'hang out', for lack of a better term. There's a place for Randomness (out of topic stuff), the Lounge (just for general chatter), Writing activities (mostly for fun), and more things like that.

Literary Forums: This is where you post your work, and where you review other people's works. It doesn't exactly have to be writing, mind you. We have an Arts and Photography forums as well.

Groups: These are usergroups, made for specific interests. For example, if you're interested in debating, there is a group for that. I've heard mentions of being a group for anime/manga though I haven't spotted it yet. You should check it out. You'll find one you like.

Hm, I think colors will be okay. Blue/cyan names are for Greeters. Their job is to make you feel welcome and to answer any preliminary questions you have. Purple is for Instructors. They're the ones who you can go to if you need an in depth review. Light Green is for Junior Moderators, Dark Green for regular Moderators. Red is for Site Administrators, and finally, Orange is for distinguished members of the site.

Well, that's it for the rules, and colors. You haven't told us much about yourself. What do you like to write? Who are your favorite authors and what are your favorite books? What about movies and music? Other hobbies? Things like that.

That's it for now. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, need a review for something, or if you just want to chat. See you around!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:38 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Good gosh, Viper covered everything. No, wait, there is one more thing!

When you do get around to posting your work (and I would love to see it!) remember to rate it. If it has the f-word or graphic scenes, rate it R. The rest of the ratings.... well, you can decide where your work fits into the categories. I'm sure if you poke around you'll find the rating system somewhere.

Now, you may ask, why rate your work? Rated works, other then those rate R, will show up on the home page of YWS for all to see! And who doesn't want their stuff to be seen? :wink:

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:12 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Hello Liz! Welcome to YWS! I am Winter's Twelfth Night, but you can call me Winter.

What genre is Mrs. Jones? Is it a short story or a novel? I would love to read it. Tell us about yourself! What are your favorite books/movies/music/food? Do you absolutely hate math or history?

Anyway, if you have any questions, please feel free to PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:24 pm
daydreamer9 says...

Hi, Liz! Welcome to YWS. :]

You'll feel right at home here. The people are really kind and welcoming, as I'm sure you've already realized.

I'd love to read your story "Mrs. Jones". If you'd like, you can PM me when you post it. I'll try my best to help you in any way I can.

If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask!

-dd9

FYI: a PM is a private message. You can send one easily to anyone on YWS. To access your mail box, there is an icon on the upper left hand corner at the top of the page. It's called "messages". From there, you can connect who ever you'd like!
live like there's no tomorrow, dream like you'll live forever.

be the change you wish to see in the world
-gandi

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:36 pm
Selin says...

Hello, Liz!

And, all right, you know the rules! So, hey; tell us a bit more about yourself:) Do you like languages or history?

I'm really new here too, so if you want anything to share with me if I can, I would like to help you with pleasure:)

Nice to meet you, see you!

Selin

1272 Reviews

Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:48 pm
Rosendorn says...

Ah, good thing I checked the main post!

Hrmm. Twilight is not my thing, but I know a scary amount about it.

A little tip: Post the info about yourself after the replies. That way, people who have already greeted you are more likely to see it.

I finished reviewing the chapter of Mrs. Jones. It was pretty good! From your synopsis it looks interesting. Not exactly my thing (again) but, interesting.

I love how you're just letting your characters work out the subplots for themselves. I usually have to do a lot of planing or else things end up a bit unrealistic.

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:00 pm
*DaughteroftheMoon* says...

Another Twilight fan? I'm one too. Harry Potter also had me reading when I was younger. SO it looks as if all or at least most of the rules have been explained so I won't bore you again with the specifics. I think I just might check out Mrs. Jones. It sounds interesting. Glad to see that you like YWS, I've become addicted. :) If you need any help, or have any questions, PM me. I'll be happy to help.
~Alyss
Amor Vincit Omnia

25 Reviews

Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:28 pm
heffa89 says...

Awh, YOU GUYS! You are awesome. I would really like for all of you to read Mrs Jones! The first chapter IS posted so go ahead:D

And to Rosey - Thanks for reading through Mrs Jones, I know it's not you're genre of preference so it really means a lot.

"I love how you're just letting your characters work out the subplots for themselves. I usually have to do a lot of planing or else things end up a bit unrealistic. " - This really means a lot as I have never been a fan of laying out eveything that is meant to happen before I write it. Just ask my teahcers:P I usually cheated with that writing the whole disposition AFTER i'm done with the story:P haha
I feel like my characters are telling me in which direction to go, instead of me forcing them to go there. Does that make any sense? Well, if things aren't pinned then there's the element of suprise and impulse from my side, as i said dispositions aren't my thing... But it's actually good to know they work for someone. Otherwise i would continue to think my Norwegian-teacher was way off:P haha.

Well, nice to meet you all. And yes, i am hooked! Haha, been sitting online here all nihgt. You guys are just so nice. I love Google for letting me find this place. This is exactley where i need to go to be rewied. Friends won't really tell you the honest truth just to protect you. And believe me none of my friends are writing, so they don't quite understand.

Well, cheers guys.

Liz <3
I’ll be back so soon you won’t have time to miss me. Look after my heart — I’ve left it with you.

Thinking can save your life, thinking too much can take it away - Tusker93

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:36 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hey there, Liz! it seems everything that you you would want to know before you get started was already explained to you, I just wanted to say Hi, and to say that I absolutely LOVE Harry potter (J.K.Rowling; I'm currently reading "The tales of the Beedle and the Bard") and the Twilight series :D
So, I would, too, like to read your novel, Mrs.Jones. i have to ask, do you get influenced by what you read? Like if your novel has infulence of some other authors or books? because i do that a lot and I'm just curious :D
Well, welcome aboard!
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

1272 Reviews

Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:47 pm
Rosendorn says...

Heh, I lost my spontaneity somewhere around the eleventh draft. I've been working on one story for about three years, so, yeah. My MC will not stop interrupting my sleep until I finish her story!

But, however, since I recently changed from third person to first (and did a total plot overhaul. Again) some subplots are poking through that I did not expect. Mostly though, I have an idea where things are going.

You're welcome for the review! I did a bit of a shred, but I figured you were expecting that?

As for this place being addicting, I live on here (and have no life, lol). I come on right after my homework is done (which is early, since I'm homeschooled) and stay on until somewhere around 9 at night. Later if Chat is open.

25 Reviews

Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:01 pm
heffa89 says...

*writewatiwant*- I don't really know. I don't think so. Not that i've noticed anyway. Of course Rowling and Meyer keeps me inspirated, they keep me writing, cause I learn a lot of writing skills from reading their stuff! Oh, Beetle the Bard is Amazing. Got it for christmas-and it was the best prezzie ever<3

Rosey-haha, yeah, i was:P haha. You were concrete though so it's gonna be awesome when i take all you tips and hints in my story. Right now im too tired to edit:P haha. Well, even though you don't do romantic fiction i really hope you'll continue to read and support and critisize me! I'm sort of counting on you:P haha
Well, i am actually thinking about making mrs jones from Amanda's POV, but im not sure though.

Well, i should try logging off and getting some sleep now, its midnight in norway, you know, i'm probably gonna move in here too. Then we'll be roommates:P haha No seriously. Ok, i need a game of majhong titans before(im hooked on it)

Nighty night then. See you probably, when i wake up:P
I’ll be back so soon you won’t have time to miss me. Look after my heart — I’ve left it with you.

1272 Reviews

Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:05 pm
Rosendorn says...

Alright, I'll keep reviewing. The idea looks sub-plot ridden enough to keep my interest. Just send me a PM when you post a new part; I don't look at Romantic Fiction normally.

I think it would work well from Amanda's POV. It would definetly be interesting.

Glad I could help!

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:50 am
Night Mistress says...

:squeezes in the converstation:

Another twilight fan!

Welcome to YWS.

Since you like twilight, you should check out the usergroup Alice Cullen Knows your Next Move. We talk about all twilight realted thing there.

so i take it your write romantic fiction. I do too, but I write whatever comes to my mind. Expect poetry.

well, i am looking forward to reading your work. Pm me if you need anything, inclduing friendship.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

25 Reviews

Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:21 am
heffa89 says...

Already joined;)

These were autumn mornings, the time of year when kings of old went forth to conquest; and I, never stirring from my little corner in Calcutta, would let my mind wander over the whole world.
— Rabindranath Tagore, The Cabuliwallah