z

Young Writers Society

hi. im new in town. ill be happy to meet anyone!

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:05 am
bassplayinfreak3 says...

hey everyone out there.
i just signed up, but im really excited.
im a writer, i write all of the time. writing is like air for me, if i stopped, id die.
um, lets see, im also a musician. i play bass, electric and stand up, marimba, and trombone.
well, id like to meet new writers.
maybe we can share ideas, and help eachother out.
very nice to meet you all!
happy writing.
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
danyelle

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:40 am
View Likes
ballerina13 says...

Hello! We have rules here: for every story you submit you must write two or more reviews. So, what genre do you write in? Everyone is very nice and we all like to help each other. Tell us about yourself. What are you favorite books? Who are your favorite authors? PM me anytime. I am happy to help! See you around and welcome!

Reviews: 4
Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:04 am
random.thoughts says...

Hello!

It's great to see what a passion you have for writing. That sounds so amazing! I'm currently in a writer's block. Good timing, no? Anyways, remember to read the rules before really getting into the site.

Like ballerina said, there is a 2:1 ratio so before you can post any of your previous work make sure to read and review to others. Isn't that very cool? That means everyone gets feedback.

There are also rules about not chatspeaking and things like that. But I'm sure someone with more experience can come along and explain all of that.

Now for the fun things!

So what type of things do you like to write? Romance? Non-fiction? Poetry? There are so many great areas!

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:30 am
WaterVyper says...

Hi! I'm Vyper, or whatever you want to call me. So, the chatspeak rule that random.thoughts mentioned- I thought I'd elaborate on it. That basically means to use proper grammar, spelling, and capitalization. It's common courtesy round these parts. Some people are grammar Nazis so I would suggest not to cross them. They might attack you. Just kidding.

Well, you haven't told us very much about yourself. Uh, you have told us some things, but I'd like to know more, if you don't mind. Who are your favorite authors? Books? Movies? Music genres and artists? Hobbies?

I think we have a group called Band Geeks Anonymous. You could go check that out if you enjoy music. Click on the 'Groups' button above, and look for it. I think you'll enjoy yourself here. So, feel free to PM me if you need any help with anything, or if you just want to chat. I'll be available. See ya around sometime!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:47 am
bassplayinfreak3 says...

so, hey you guys, thank you so much for being so nice. i appreciate being included so quickly!
well, you wanted to know a bit about me.... well, lets see...

music is my life. it is my passion. it is my obsession. my life.
i can't go two minutes without it. i am a musician, and im in every music class my high school offers, minus one. choir. haha, i dont sing. but, i do accompany the jazz choir; im an instrumentalist on stand up bass.
i am a band geek to the maaax! haha

um... lets see. i don't like books about horses. but my favorite book of all time is Black Beauty. ironic? my favorite author is Christopher Pike. he writes amazing horror stories.

my main genre of music is rock. any type of rock. my favorite band is metallica.
however, i am learning to appreciate the whole beauty of music, and i am completely submerging myself in jazz and classical music.

wow, jazz is such an inspiration to me. i hope to continue jazz music as a proffesion. maybe it will come true! my other plan is writing. poetry is my thing.
im getting away from the "depressing" side of poetry. now im just sitting back and letting the music take over, letting the music inspire me.

well, well see what happens.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:45 pm
Rosendorn says...

Not a single blue on this thread yet! Ah well, that is now fixed.

Hiya and welcome to YWS!

I enjoy poetry. I tend to flip-flop between depressing and uplifting poetry. Usually I stick to dramatic poetry, but I've been known to do lyrical as well.

So, the colours (which I mentioned a bit before) are as follows:

Blue- Greeters! It's our job to make you feel welcome and answer any questions you have about navigating YWS.
Purple- Instructors. They go through your work with a fine-toothed comb and point out anything they find odd. Go to them if you want your work shredded. I mean, reviewed. Well, technically, they do both.
Light green- Jr. mods. They help the mods out by answering more advanced questions and by going through some boards.
Green- Mods. They do quite a lot for this site, including keeping the boards clean, locking threads, breaking up fights, you name it. Go to them for more advanced help.
Red- Admins. They keep the site up and running and fix any bugs.

As for coloured inks, those are just something people use for fun. Like, me, for instance.

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:55 am
Night Mistress says...

Hey.

Welcome to YWS.

Poetry. i don't care for poetry becuase I can't write it.

Well, if you write anything esle, I will read it for you if you want.

See ya around.

If you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:19 am
Antigone Cadmus says...

bassplayinfreak3 wrote:
my main genre of music is rock. any type of rock. my favorite band is metallica.
however, i am learning to appreciate the whole beauty of music, and i am completely submerging myself in jazz and classical music.

wow, jazz is such an inspiration to me. i hope to continue jazz music as a proffesion. maybe it will come true! my other plan is writing. poetry is my thing.
im getting away from the "depressing" side of poetry. now im just sitting back and letting the music take over, letting the music inspire me.

well, well see what happens.

A bass player! *nods head in approval*

So great to see other music lovers here. I play guitar, violin and piano. Music it totally my life. I just started playing jazz. I've been classically trained, so all the improvisation is very foreign and scary to me. ^_^

Have you heard of Art Tatum? He's an amazing jazz pianist. He's like God to me. You should check him out.

Anyway, nice to meet you, bassplayingfreak3! I might just call you Bass... is there anything else you'd like to be known as?
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:03 pm
Stori says...

Well, welcome to the Crew. We just like to call it "YEWS."

Huh, I guess Spell Check is working after all.

Anyway, that's another story. I'm good at that; I'm a Story myself. So, again, welcome to the Crew.

Random avatar

Reviews: 45
Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:10 pm
JustDance says...

Heyy!
Welcome to YWS!!!
Before you post some of you ah-mazinggg workk let's get down to the rules.
Can't escape that can ya?

1. The 2:1 ratio. Yep, before you post ANY of you work, you MUST MUST MUST review unleast 2 other people's work. And no, "I liked it." doesn't count.
If you can't find any mistakes unleast tell them some thoughts that went through your mind while reading the piece, or how they can improve.
2. Keep chat and caps minimum. We are writer's aren't we.
Besdies it can get annoying sometimes like this:
PlZ dOn'tT B wRtNg In ChTt FoRM

or this:

DON'T WRITE IN CHAT!!!!!!

It seems like i'm yelling at you, even though I'm not.

So remember these two simple rules, unless you want us coming after you with pitchforks!
Hehe just kidding.
Don't freak out if you did say "lol" or "rofl", minimum is okay, just don't use it in every post. Mkay?
Now if you have any more questions feel free to PM me!

--Anantta

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:15 am
casey_kent says...

Hi there!

Wow, we've got a writer/musician here. Nice combination. It's nice to meet you. I'm Casey. And I'm a writer/musician myself. :)

So the people who have posted before have told the things that you need to do. Also check the FAQ. It'll help a lot!

So if you want someone to talk to, just PM me anytime you want!

See ya!

~Casey
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

Attention is the beginning of devotion.
— Mary Oliver, Upstream