z

Young Writers Society

Hello all!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:32 pm
ellejay says...

Hello everyone! Just call me Elle. I love to write, and one of my friends told me about this website. So I thought I would come and check it out. Well, I hope to get to know you all!

~Elle

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:40 pm
Jon says...

It was me that told you! :lol:
Anyway, welcome and ... yeah.

*Is not a Greeter*

---Jon---
:D
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:41 pm
Jiggity says...

Sup, Elle. Hows things? :p

Welcome to the YWS. We only have a few minor rules; basically, we urge you to use proper grammar and spelling while on the site and also to ensure you give two reviews for every piece you post on here.

Hope you have as great a time as I've had here, for the past three years.

Once again, welcome and have fun,

Cheers
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:29 pm
Incognito says...

Elle eh? Well, Welcome to YWS.
First off I would indeed like to get into more detail on the two main rules.
They are:
1)Minimize Chat Speak ---> That means use proper capitals and try to refrain from using abbreviations like 'lol' or 'u' instead of 'you'. You get the point don't you?
2)The 2:1 ratio ---> On YWS, we would like you to review two pieces of peoples works before you post one of your own.

So your friend told you about the site? The same happened with me. I have been on this site for more than a month now and I love it here.

You might have noiced the coloured names, for example; mine. Those are people who do different jobs around the site. Let me explain them for you.
Light Blue is the greeters. Those people are on this site to welcome people like you who are new to the site. They also help you if you need assistance. we are practically like robots. We are he first people you will usually talk to.
Purple is the Instructors. They help you also, but also give really indepth reviews and critiques that help you with your writing, photography, drawing, etc.
Light Green is the junior moderators. They are like normal Moderators yet they are in training and going to beocme one.
Green is the Moderators. These ae the people that make sure people are following the rules. Make sure you are respectful to these people.
And finally Red is the Admins. Those are the people who made and are in charge of the site. For example; Nate.

Well, now that I am dne the boring part, why not tell a litle bit more abour yourself.
i will get you started with a couple questions:
1)What is you favourite author?
2)What is your favourite colour?
3)If you could go any where in the world where would it be?
4)What is your favourite letter in the alphabet?
5)Do you have any pets?

Well its a pleasure to talk to you and if you need assitance you can PM me or if you are in need of friendship I am here.

~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:36 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey.

Welcome to YWS.

You didn't tell us about yourself. You need to tell us more. Like favorite books/authors/music.

And what genre do you write?

See ya around.

ps: Pm me if you need anything.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:34 pm
niteowl says...

Well, since it looks like everyone's already explained the rules and such and asked you a bunch of annoying questions, I'll just bring in the dancing monkeys! (looks at Charlie, who shrugs helplessly). Whaddya mean I can't keep dancing monkeys in my dorm room? The rules say you can't keep pets. These are service animals! They serve the YWS community and the new members!

Okay, sorry, so apparently I don't have dancing monkeys. I do, however, have a gift. I guess this will have to do. :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt007 :smt004 :smt026 :smt024 :smt016 :smt021 :smt020 :smt027 :smt031 :smt041 :smt059 :smt068 :smt072 :smt064 :smt077 :smt114 :smt084 :smt109 :smt101 :smt083 :smt116 :smt115 :pirate1: :ftw: :smt035
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:50 am
ballerina13 says...

Hey! So, what genre do you write in? Who are your favorite authors? We have a 2:1 rule here: for every one story you submit you need to write two reviews for other people. Everyone is happy to help. PM me anytime. Welcome and have fun.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:39 pm
Demeter says...

Hey, Elle!

You have a pretty name :D Nice to meet you! Oh, and welcome!

I hope you'll enjoy your time here. And if you feel lost or need reviews or just want to talk, just PM me :)

See you around!

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:43 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hi Elle! That's a cute name, as Demeter has pointed out. I'm Emily, or Vyper, or whatever you want to call me. You have friends who are into writing? Lucky you. Everyone around me abbhors from writing whenever possible. Oh well, I guess some people are just more open than others. I found YWS through Writer's Digest.

Well, everyone else already asked the questions and explained everything... Hold on a sec. *scrolls up* Yays! I can do groups! Here on YWS, we have a bunch of usergroups hidden behind the 'Groups' icon. If you're using the default skin, it'll look like a bunch of people. I'm not sure what it looks like in the other skin. These are made for people who share similar interests, so I think you'll like it there. Click on the icon and check them out. You'll find one you like eventually.

And there is also another color, Orange. It's for distinguished members of the site.

Well, that's all I have to say. Feel free to PM me if you need anything. See ya around sometime!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

Random avatar

Reviews: 43
Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:54 pm
Amniel says...

Hello Elle. I wonder why no one ever says saying hello is cliche...Sorry I got carried away. Great, other people have taken the boring stuff out of the way so I don't have to repeat it. So pm if you have to ask something and don't want to get bored by the answer *points at the others and lowers his voice*
[like if you ask them]. So remember the 2:1 ratio blablabla and the no abbreviations blabla etc. Just be active and be friendly, and soon you'll have lots of friends. I think that is the best advice anyone can give you (well partially because I said it) :roll: . Also pm me if you want reviews for your stories. Or pm me if I bored you to help me improve my greeting performance.
If the road is easy, the destination is worthless.

5 Reviews

Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:00 pm
ellejay says...

Goodness! I feel very welcomed! Yes, I have some friends who like to write. Okay, more about me. my favorite author... I have several. I like Stephanie Myer. But I really like Stephen King, and Mary Higgins Clark. My favorite color is blue. If I could go anywhere in the world, it would have to be Egypt. It would have been France, but I'm going there in a couple of months, so that is already going to be accomplished. My favorite letter in the alphabet is e. But only in lowercase form. I have two dogs. I have a nine year old boxer named Shilo. And I have an almost two year old American Bulldog named Sofi. She weighs about 100 lbs. and she thinks she weighs 2. I speak French (hence the going to France). I am on the yearbook staff at my highschool and it's tons of fun!

I don't write anything in particular. I write whatever comes to mind. I like to write about things no one else has. I like creating my own world. I do write fanfictions about Twilight. I have one in progress right now. And I also have one that I guess you could call fantasy. I like to wright romance stories also. I like to read them. My favorite book is called The Winthrop Woman. I have a boyfriend. His name is Cyle. We've been through a lot, and he is honestly my sanity. I take pride in the fact that I can have a boyfriend, but still be independent. Unlike many of my friends.

I am already part of a group! I really like this site. I'm used to speaking in "net" but I can convert easily since I don't when I'm writing. To everyone said that my name is pretty, thank you. It's my internet name though. I usually don't give out my real name.

To explain my name, my first two initials are LJ, so, I spell it out. Elle Jay. I don't know. I think it's prettier that way. Well, I'm glad that I'm welcomed here, and thank you. I hope I will get to know you all soon!
~Elle

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:48 pm
Selin says...

Hello, Elle!
I'm a new one too but here, everyone seems friendly and that's really encouraging!
So, senior year of high school, right? Oh, it's a little bit complicated all about these yearbook stuff:) It's nice you're enjoying though.
By the way which one is your favourite from Stephen King?
And is there a special reason why your dog's name is Sofi, it's a really cute name!
Nice to meet you...
Au revoir!
Selin

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:41 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome to YWS!

Woo hoo! Another person who writes in colour! My favourite colour is pink, can you tell?

My favourite genre has got to be romantic fantasy. Romance on it's own isn't really my thing, but hey, to every his (or her) own. As long as there are no vampires or ghosts (or horror for that matter) I will review a fantasy story.

What group did you join?

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:53 am
Night Mistress says...

I write romantic fiction too. if you need anyone to read your read your work, I will.

Just pm me and will take a look.

I am looking forward to it.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

5 Reviews

Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:03 am
ellejay says...

Selin wrote:Hello, Elle!
I'm a new one too but here, everyone seems friendly and that's really encouraging!
So, senior year of high school, right? Oh, it's a little bit complicated all about these yearbook stuff:) It's nice you're enjoying though.
By the way which one is your favourite from Stephen King?
And is there a special reason why your dog's name is Sofi, it's a really cute name!
Nice to meet you...
Au revoir!
Selin

No, I'm a junior. I'm one of the oldest people in my class. Yearbook is fun. And it is complicated. But I think it is worth it. Pet Semetary, Needful Things, and The Dark Half are my three favorite books by King. Well, I had a friend named Sofi. She was from a foregin country and that's how she spelled her name. I really liked her, and I haven't been able to talk to her in a long time. But I thought it was a pretty name. Nice to meet you too! You speak french? I'm in my 3rd year of french.

Au revoir mes amis!
~Elle

attempting foot extraction
— Mea