z

Young Writers Society

One More Hello!

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:40 pm
Selin says...

Hi everyone, it's Selin!
I am a young writer. Sometimes too determined, sometimes confused; a little depressed, a little ironic; cautious but vulnerable; hopeful but not optimistic at all; no idea about what's really real, what's just a confusing dream; looking for answers and trying to do something for eternity...
And I also love reading(of course!), travelling, history,philosophy, tennis, music and foreign languages! Meeting new people and new cultures is another point of view of my life, so I'm looking forward to reading every different idea sent by you:)
Sorry for my grammatical mistakes, as you see I'm not a native speaker:)
So that's all for now, thanks...

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:56 pm
Alainna says...

Heya Selin and a big welcome to YWS!!

Check out the Help and Support tab on the drop down menu - it's got loads of useful stuff in it. If you need anything at all then feel free to pm me and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

You like languages? How many do you speak? And your English is actually pretty good, so don't worry about it!

What books do you like? What do you write?

All the best and I hope you like it around here,

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 43
Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:38 pm
View Likes
Amniel says...

Welcome Selin. First of all, before anyone else tells this (believe me someone will say this) YWS has a 2:1 ratio policy. So for every story you post you have to do at least two reviews. 'Tis so that everyone gets reviewed. Secondly, you earn points from reviewing and posting to the welcome section and a few other places. When you post a story, you spend some of those points. It's that simple. Now that we have the boring stuff out of the way I'll tell something about myself. I am also a non native speaker (or writer if you will) of english, I enjoy philosophy, writing, reading, Warhammer, and the music of Poets of the Fall, which I encourage everyone to listen to somewhere (youtube search hint). I am bored at being sane and serious, so rather I am insane and never take anything seriously. Hope you have a great time in YWS. Oh and I love putting Warhammer quotes.

"Pain is temporary, Honour is forever"
— Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt
If the road is easy, the destination is worthless.

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:40 pm
Merry_Haven says...

*Selin~

Hello, there. I hope all is well. And that you are having loads of fun here!

So what do you like reading? Any favorites?

Hey, another history fan! What time period or era do you find the most interesting? For me, it's the 18th-early 20th century. Hense forth, me writing in those eras! Fun. Fun. Fun!!

Anywho, if you need anything, you just send that PM or guestbook signing and I'll be right back at you.

*Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

9 Reviews

Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:31 pm
Selin says...

Hey!
Thanks for the suggestion for "Help and Support", Alainna.It was really useful about getting know much more of here.(I have still too much to do anyway:))
I like-no, love-Jane Austen's novels especially Pride and Prejudice(as always!) but I think of reading Persuasion these days so I can change my mind. And a little help would be great for me to recognise English Literature better:)
For poetry, I can say that Sylvia Plath is indispensable to me. I like the rhythm and secret touches of everything she says. Maybe the silent reflections of herself make me impressed after I read her. I write stories with character analysis, sometimes poems with a story in it and some scripts formed in philosophical dialogues. I'm learning German and going to learn French as soon as possible:) So for now I only can speak 2 languages:(
Yea, Merry, another passionate history fan here! I mostly like the Modern History of my country(also the whole world!-the revolutions), the WWII and European Renaissance. Actually Ancient Greek is fun too.
I memorized that 2:1 rule:) Is this "Warhammer" one of these Middle Age Strategy games, Amniel? Very popular, right?:) Someday, I will try one of them...

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:44 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey.

Welcome to YWS.

I love history too. I like the tudor era in england.

Pm me if you need anything, including friendship.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:50 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

So, I'm sure you have gotten quiet a bit of info from the Help and Support tab, so I won't go over much.

Another history buff! Ancient Greece isn't my favourite time period, but I know some stuff about it. Stories set in that time are pretty cool though.

If I see your work I'll be sure to review it!

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:09 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Hello Selin! I am Winter. Welcome to YWS!

You are not an native English speaker? I wouldn't have guessed! What is your first language?

Another history lover!! My favorite eras are Tudor, Georgian, and Victorian England. (Nightmistress- yay! Another Tudor fan!)

I also love foreign languages. Right now I'm only taking French but I want to start learning German next year. I would also like to learn Latin, Italian, and Japanese at some point. :D

Anyway, if you have any questions please PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

9 Reviews

Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:26 pm
Selin says...

Thanks to everyone and be sure that I'll "pm" you whenever I need;)
I really like Victorian England too, Winter(what a lovely name:))! Mainly because it's architecture attracts me a lot. And it's good to hear my English's improving!! My first language is Turkish, I'm from Turkey; the country of all probabilities:) And I ensure you that German will be less effortful after French!
Au revoir(for now:))!!

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:37 pm
Demeter says...

Hello Selin!

Welcome to YWS, I'm Demeter. Nice to meet you!

Wow, I absolutely adore travelling and languages! I'm so glad to find another one who does :) Which countries have you been to? Where woud you like to travel most? Which language would you love to learn?

Sorry for the question bunch :D

Well, welcome again, and PM me if you need anything!

See you around!

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

9 Reviews

Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:04 pm
Selin says...

Hey, Demeter! It's so nice to meet you too and don't worry about the questions, I will definitely answer you one by one with pleasure:)
I mostly travel in my country, Turkey, it's a big one(compared to USA, probably not even medium size!) but too much different regions and historical places to visit so, it's quite fun:) Oh, and I've been to United Kingdom, this was the country I wanted to visit most. Now, I want to see the whole Europe, especially Italy and France!
I am a fan of French, when I have time I'll immediately learn this magical language:)
What about you?
See you!
Selin

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:38 pm
Demeter says...

Turkey must be warm... :)

I'm learning French, too! I love it :) I also study English (not my native language), German, and Swedish. And I would love to learn some Irish!

I've been to quite many countries, and I'd really like to visit Africa and Australia some time, since they are the only continents which I haven't been to. Oh, travelling is so lovely! I love airports :D

May I ask, what does your username come from?

xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

9 Reviews

Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:32 pm
Selin says...

Hi again!
Yes, it is so warm right now, no snow, nothing which proves it's winter! And maybe you know, really hot in summers:( Have you been here before?
I'm studying English too and I guess we will study English forever! And where are you from, I thought you were English or American, your English is really good by the way:)
My username is actually my real name:) "Selin" means soft rain and a kind of plant which is always green, of course, in Turkish.
And I wonder what does your name mean?
Au revoir,
Selin

You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind.
— Joyce Meyer