z

Young Writers Society

Hey im new (Duh!)

Reviews: 2
Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:19 am
Supreme says...

Hey everyone. My name is Daniel (Call me Dan if you don't like Supreme) and as you can tell I'm new. I'm 16 years old and live in New york. I came here because, well like the rest of you guys, i like to write. It started with poetry when i was younger, then it grew to writing lyrics of existing songs, to just wanting to write down whats I am thinking about at any given moment. Currently i have begun writing Short Stories based on things that are happening in my life and Ive come to enjoy it alot. I want to start writing about more things in the future such as more fiction based short stories, which is one of the reasons I joined. The funny part is that there aren't alot of books that I enjoy reading. I mostly read comic books (which has nothing to do with my writing whatsoever). Maybe I haven't looked hard enough but I hope to change that in the future. Anyway I think Ive said enough. Hope to post more in the future.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:10 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Hello Dan! Welcome to YWS! I'm Zehra.

Yup, we all love to write here. I guess that's kind of obvious. I'm looking forward to looking and reading your work. Poetry, you say? Lovely.

I think you haven't looked hard enough. Books are wonderful. I'm sure you'll find the type that click with you. We have a forum for Book reviews. Why not look through the threads and see if theres a book you feel is worth checking out. Here's the link. forum15.html

Well, keep reading, writing, reviewing and posting.

More greeters will be here shortly and will most likely explain some basic rules. But, it would be a good idea to look around the help and support section. Check out the FAQs, Rules and Guides, if you haven't already.

If you still have any questions or need help, feel free to PM me.

See you around!

-Zehra
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:14 am
cooldude19967 says...

Hello supreme!

I really admire your being able to write short stories about what's happening in your life. I've tried that and fallen straight on my face, when I write them they have no plot and sound like diary entries.

It is a bit odd that you don't read much... but maybe that's just because I've read since I was really little. Anyone who doesn't read seems odd to me, I don't see how they could miss out on such a good part of life! But I admit, they're some pretty good comic books out there to.

Anyways, it was nice to meet you! I'm sure you'll love YWS. I do.
Ready and willing to rip your work to shreds! (That is if you want it) Check out my "will review for food" thread.

topic42969.html

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:30 am
WaterVyper says...

Hello Dan! You're from NY? That's cool. I've never been there, and I hope I can get a spot in Teen Ink's summer program. Anywho, I'm Emily or Vyper or whatever you want to call me. I won't mind. I'll be explaining the rules if you don't mind. Don't worry, they're easy to follow.

1. Keep the 2:1 ratio rule. That means that for every work that you post, you must review two other works. Please keep the ratio at all time. It makes people more inclined to review your work.

2. No chatspeak. That basically means proper spelling, grammar, and capitalization. You might be able to get away with some abbreviations like lol or something. Just no replacing for with 4, kk, or stuff like that.

That's it for major rules! Well, you have said quite a bit, but tell us more about yourself anyway. Any interests in movies? Music? What's your favorite comic series? Stuff like that. Well, see ya around. I'll look forward to seeing your short stories. Feelf free to PM me for anything that you might need, such as reviews, questions, or if you just want to chat.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

Random avatar

Reviews: 43
Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:09 pm
Amniel says...

I'm lazy so I'm going to write really shortly. Remember the 2:1 rule etc. blablabla Despite the numerous "bla"s I had there, it is really important, and should be followed. I only had them there 'cause I'm currently sick and don't feel like repeating others. More than that

If you still have any questions or need help, feel free to PM me.
Yes I am so lazy I didn't even bother to write that but copy it and would add to that "if you want an answer that isn't as boring as the others would give you."

Welcome to YWS!
All hail Finnish music!
Ever heard any?

The Emperor protects.
If the road is easy, the destination is worthless.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:51 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey Dan.

Welcome to YWS.

So, you write short stories. What genre?

and what are your favorite books/authors/movies/music?

Pm me if you need anything.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

272 Reviews

Reviews: 272
Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:19 pm
beckiw says...

Nice to meet you Dan! :) Welcome to YWS.

I wish I could write short stories! I'm trying to lol I just always want to put too much detail and plot in, that before I know it it's not short anymore!

If you want anyone to chat to or help with stories just PM me. Although I'm bad at grammar :P

You can not put the entire Bee Movie in the quote generator.
— alliyah