z

Young Writers Society

Hello Everyone!

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:52 am
MightierThanTheSword says...

Hi everyone! This is my first time on Young Writer's Society and I'm very excited to get some stuff posted. They told me to come here and introduce myself, soooo . . . . I love writing and drawing. I have a family of six with two dogs. I have many favorites and do not wish to go into detail. Basically, I'm not very picky with anything and I love life.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:10 am
abstractpoet says...

EDIT: moved to the other thread!
Last edited by abstractpoet on Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. - Marianne Williamson

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:12 am
Incognito says...

It seems you have double posted young padiwan (Ignore the ridiculous Star Wars reference).

People have already indeed responded to you in the other forum that you posted first. Why not check it out!

Welcome to YWS!

~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:42 pm
daydreamer9 says...

Hey! Welcome to YWS. :]

As I'm sure many have told you, before you post your own work, it's asked that you take some times to review others. This way, every one gets a review.

That's the basic rule of thumb. Try to be kind, as well. Everyone here is so wonderful and welcoming, I'm sure you'll feel right at home.

So what are your likes and dislikes? What genre of writing do you like? I love everything personally!

PM me with any questions.

-dd9
live like there's no tomorrow, dream like you'll live forever.

be the change you wish to see in the world
-gandi

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:44 am
ballerina13 says...

Hello! How are you? EVeryone on this site is wonderfull and always willing to help. If you have any questions just ask. What genre do you write in?

From,
Ballerina

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:46 am
LilyJamey says...

Hi... there. I think I'll call you MTTS for short, it's so troublesome to type out your name in full! Likewise, please call me Lily. We keep things informal 'round here.

So, welcome to the wacky, wicked, wonderful YWS! Step righ' up, don't be shy! Take a ride on the Literature Forums, try out our Community Forums, and maybe even visit a blog! Join a group, enter the chatroom, have fun!

Sorry, I just felt like it.

Since I mentioned the chatroom, let me remind you, if you haven't read the rules (which you still should), that one of the most basic rules here is: No chatspeak allowed. Proper grammar, punctuation, spelling, and capitalisation, please. You'd be in considerable peril if you don't. Most here are grammar freaks and buffs.

As daydreamer mentioned, you have to review works before posting your own. To be exact, you need at least two constructive critiques to post one of your poems or stories. It's called the 2:1 ratio, and it's a rule, not an option. Get used to it.

So, what genre do you write? I do hope it's Romantic Fiction and perhaps what might be constituted under Other Fiction, although I critique any kind of prose. Poetry critiquing is not my thing, since I can't tell what should or shouldn't be. Call me if you need a review on fiction!

PM me if you need anything. :wink: I'm a nice person, really.

Cheers,
Lily.
Got YWS?

Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
— Jules de Gaultier