z

Young Writers Society

Hello Everyone!

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:12 am
MightierThanTheSword says...

Hi everyone! This is my first time on Young Writer's Society and I'm very excited to get some stuff posted. They told me to come here and introduce myself, soooo . . . . I love writing and drawing. I have a family of six with two dogs. I have many favorites and do not wish to go into detail. Basically, I'm not very picky with anything and I love life.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:39 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

So, before you start posting like crazy, be sure to review! YWS has a 2:1 review policy, which means you should review two works before posting any of your own. That helps give everybody a review, with the added bonus of people being much more willing to look at your stuff since you have looked at theirs. :wink: It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio.

Also, it would be nice if you rated your work. If you do rate it, then it will show up on the front page as long as it's not rated R. R works have graphic scenes and/or the f-word.

Another rule here on YWS is to minimize chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations and alliteration is okay, but don't overdo it.

Can't pick a favourite eh? Well, in that case, what do you plan on writing while you are here?

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:43 am
Incognito says...

Welcome to YWS!
I am sure that you will enjoy it here. And people are friendly here as long as you follow the two main rules.

1) Minimize chat speak ---> That means use capitals when needed and try not to use 'lol' or 'u' instead of you. Just things like that.

2)The 2:0 ratio ---> Before you post a story you have written make sure you have reviewed two other pieces before hand. This help makes sure that everyone gets a review and you will most likely be more likely for them to review you back.

You like to draw too? I love to draw and you can also post some drawings on here if you have a scanner or drew it on the computer. People will be able to help with improving your drawing and such. This site is excellent to improve on your skills whether it is writing, drawing, photgraohy, or poetry.

Also, you might have noticed the colored names, like mine for example. Light blue means that that person is a greeter. Their job is to welcome the people to YWS and make sure they know the rules to follow. We are practically like robots.

Then the purple is the instructor. Those people will help you if you need help and give long and indepth reviews. So if you need someone of those, then they are there.

The light green is the junior moderators and the green is just plain moderators. Those people make sure the people are abiding by the rules. Make sure you respect these people.

Then finally there is the few people with red names. Those people are the Admins; for example Nate.

Sorry for ranting at you there. I just thought you needed to know that stuff. How about telling us a bit more about your self in a bit more detail. We love detail. How creeperish am I?

I have a couple questions to get you started:
1)What is your facourite colour?
2)Where would you love to be if you could be anywhere in the world?
3)Do you have a prefered nickname we should call you?
4)What is your favourite book?
5)Who is your favoruite author?

Well, its nice to meet you and I hope to see you around the forums. If you nned any help, all you have to do is PM me or if you are in need of friendship I am here.

Pleased to meet you.
~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:16 am
abstractpoet says...

Hello, and welcome!
In my short experience here, YWS is an amazing place. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.
If you need any help, you can PM me. I may be a newbie like you, but I think I've kind have the gist of things around here.
See you around!
Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. - Marianne Williamson

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:16 am
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Hello! I am Winter. Welcome to YWS!

I need to get to these posts earlier! There's not much left for me to tell you. Do you know about the groups? If you click on the "groups" button at the top of the page you will find a list of usergroups. These groups focus on specific themes such as Twilight or poems or fantasy. There are quite a variety of groups to choose from so I'm sure you'll find one that you like!

Anyway, please PM me with any questions you may have!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:36 am
WaterVyper says...

*pouts* Everyone already got here first. *huff* Anyway, welcome to YWS! (Not NWS). Well, great to meet you. I'm Vyper, or whatever you want to call me. So, what interests in music do you have? What about movies? Tell us about yourself; stuff like that. Anyway, I can't say much else. Feel free to PM me if you need any questions answered, want a review, or just want to talk. I'll be available. See ya around!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

Random avatar

Reviews: 43
Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:04 pm
Amniel says...

Why am I always late...well probably due to the fact I'm sick right now...well as everyone said remember the 2:1 ratio bla bla bla bla...and pm me if you want a review, or have a question to which you want a right answer, which however is not boring nor completely serious 8) . See you in YWS (what's NWS by the way, I might be interested... 8) )
If the road is easy, the destination is worthless.

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:35 pm
Merry_Haven says...

*MightierThanTheSword~

Just to let you know, I'm really late at getting to the welcome forums. Anywho...

Hello and welcome! I hope all is well and hope you are having loads of fun here. And I see many have greeted you already. Cool. Cool.

Wow, two dogs? What kind? I have a family of five and my younger two sisters want a bunny. I kind of do, too.

Picky, huh! I get picky with lots of things.
*Food
*Clothes
*Music
*And yes...novels.
*etc...

Haha! I'm glad you love life. Well, if you need anything just shoot me a PM or guestbook! See you around!

*Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:49 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey.

Welcome to YWS.

So you have two dogs. I have two cats and two birds. and No, they don't fight. They have some peace treaty going on.

Pm me if you need anything.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

I drink tea and forget the world's noises.
— Chinese saying