Reviews: 87
Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:59 pm
Starleene says...

[b]Umm HI people Im new here but thought i would say hi and..well yeah hi :D

Reviews: 4
Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:02 pm
random.thoughts says...

Hello! I'm new here too!!

So how did you find out about the site? A friend showed me! What type of things do you write? And isn't the entire thing about the 2:1 ratio so cool? I love it! :)

Ohh, and I'm Chloe. I probably should have started with that in the beginning!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:11 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

So, to clear up the 2:1 rule, it goes as follows:

For every work you post, you should review two works. Usually, you do the two reviews before posting. That way, you won't get chewed out by mods. Also, if you review other people's work, they are much more likely to look at yours!

Also, when you post your work, please rate it! If you do, then it will show up on the front page for all to see, and who doesn't want that. :wink:

Another major rule here on YWS is to minimize chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations and alliteration is okay, but don't overdo it.

So, tell us a little more about yourself! What are your favourite books? Authors? Genres?

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:39 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

hey there! Welcome aboard to YWS! You'll have great joy here.
If you have looked around you may have noticed the different colors in some avatar names. I thought I would help clear that up for you. People here have some kind of jobs, like the blue ones are Greeters like Rosey Unicorn above. Their task is to help and instruct the newbies. There are the purple ones, they are Instructors. Their job is to instruct and help you improve your work. There are to Junior Moderators, the color light green. Junior Moderators have full moderating powers within individual sections on the board. That is, Junior Mods only moderate a category like Fiction, Poetry, or General Discussion. Moderators (color: dark green) are responsible for maintaining civil discussions, ensuring that vulgar language is appropriately used, warning members when they are out of line, and at all times acting as a representative of YWS. Administrators (red color) are responsible for the general upkeep of the board, overseeing all Moderators, Junior Moderators, Instructors, and Greeters. They are also responsible for the direction of the board. You can only apply for Greeter or instructor.
Well, hope I helped! if you have any question fell free to PM me or any Greeter and others!
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:04 am
Merry_Haven says...

*Starleene~

Hello, there. How are you on this fine day? All is well I hope. I hope you are having loads of fun here.

Anywho, you didn't really tell us about yourself. Any favorites? TV/Movies? Music? Novels & Authors? Etc...

What do you like to write? A little here a little there, I suppose? I write Historical Romances. Between the Georgian and Edwardian and everything in between!

Well, if you need anything feel free to PM or guestbook me. See you around!

*Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:14 am
Night Mistress says...

Hey.

welcome to YWS.

You didn't tell us much about yourself. Like favorite authors/foods/movies/books/etc.

Well, pm me if you need anything. Including friendship.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:40 am
WaterVyper says...

Hey Starleene! Cute name, I like it. Well, great to meet you! I'm Vyper or whatever you want to call me. So, how do you enjoy YWS so far? Everyone else asked questions so I won't repeat those. Hm, what can I ask? Uh... I know! What plans do you have for your future? As for myself, I hope to get at least one novel published, and maybe be a tutor or something like that. Or perhaps a magazine writer or a journalist. So, what about you? So Starleene, see ya around sometime!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:33 pm
*DaughteroftheMoon* says...

Welcome to the nuthouse...I mean YWS! So tell us a little about yourself, whats your favorite books to read? So just a few rules, minimize the chatspeak and keep a 2:1 ratio to reviews. SO, if you need any help, or need a review, PM (private message) me and I'll be happy to help you out. So see you around the forums.
~Alyss
Amor Vincit Omnia

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:40 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Hello! I am Winter. Welcome to YWS!

Everyone has already covered the rules... and the colors... and the questions. Hmm. What else would you like to know? PM me if you have any questions. See you around!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

I do not use my siblings as the cleaning equipment.
— Tuckster