z

Young Writers Society

hi , everybody?

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:27 pm
mimimac says...

Hi, this is a random post to say hey, i just joined.. i like to write fantasy and am actually writing a fiction story! wat about you guys?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:37 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Oh, you've posted something? Before everybody pounces on you, let me tell you about the 2:1 ratio rule:

The 2:1 rule is for every work you have posted, you do two reviews. Usually these reviews are done before you post anything. So, since you have two things posted, you'll need to do four reviews. Make sure they're long enough, too, or else they won't count (About a paragraph long is long enough). That way, people will be more willing to look at your work!

The other major rule is to minimize chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations and alliteration is okay, just don't overdo it.

I'd be a fantasy writer myself! I'll be sure to check out your work and go through it. I might be a greeter (hence the blue name) but I can still go through stuff with a fine-toothed comb like the instructors (purple names).

The other names are:

Light green- Jr. Mods. They help the mods keep the individual boards clean.
Green- Mods. All around helpers of YWS
Red- Admins. Keep the site up and running
Orange- Distinguished members. Are basically retired mods (Firestarter is a retired admin)

That's a quick run-down of YWS! If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:01 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey.

Welcome to YWS.

So a fantasy writer. There are a bounch here. I am one too, but I write whatever comes to my mind, so I called myslef a variety writer. Except Poetry.

So tell us more about yourself. Like favorite books/authors/foods/movies/music.

Well, pm me if you need anything. Including friendhsip.

Well, see ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:03 pm
Flux says...

Welcome! I love writing fantasy! It's just so... fantasimical! So what else do you like? What are your "favourites?" Favourite author/ book/ movie/ sport/ food/ character/ name/ etc,.

Feel free to pm me-- or anyone else, for that fact-- if you need something! We're all willing to help here.

LaReina!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

Random avatar

Reviews: 43
Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:48 pm
Amniel says...

Hello *checks username* mimimac. Yes I know my humour isn't particularily funny, but that's not the point here. Welcome to YWS fellow, I too enjoy writing fantasy, though my stories here aren't fantasy for some reason. Hope you'll have a fun time here, as I have had. PM me if you want a review or ask something, and get an answer/review that isn't completely boring and serious (like others).

So it was in the beginning; so ever it shall be.
+++ Credo of the Iron Hands +++
Oh yes and I'm also a Warhammer freak; writing and quotes.
If the road is easy, the destination is worthless.

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:08 pm
Merry_Haven says...

*mimimac~

Hello, there. How are you on this fine Sunday? All is well I hope. Are you having loads of fun here? And making new discoveries?

Fantasy, huh? Cool. Cool. I write Historical Romances. Fun. Fun. Fun!! Fiction story? Like a fantasy, fiction novel? Or an all around fiction novel?

Anywho, if you need anything just shoot me a PM or guestbook signing. See you around!

*Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:35 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Hello mimimac! I'm Winter. Welcome to YWS!

I see Rosey has gone over the rules... and the colors. What else would you like to know? Do you know about the groups? You probably do if you've scanned the site. If you like writing fantasy, I'm pretty sure that there is a group for fantasy writers. Maybe you'd like to join! What other genres do you like to write? Are you writing a novel? A short story?

If you have any questions, please PM me!

See you around!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

Reviews: 0
Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:51 am
Writerbabe101.9 says...

Hi im reya Plz go here and review no one has yet post500973.html#500973
I would be more than happy to review any of your pieces of work