z

Young Writers Society

Oi look! Another new one!

Reviews: 4
Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:12 pm
View Likes
random.thoughts says...

Hello!

I thought I would be all proper and make an introduction and whatnot! My name is Chloe, and I heard about this site through a friend. Obviously I'm a lover of reading and writing (minus essays-hehe) and after lots of stalking the site I decided to join! I love the idea of the two:one ratio, I think that is just a wonderful idea!

Ohh, let's see. What else?

I'm slightly addicted to Harry Potter, more to the fandom then to the actual books. I love getting to know people from all around the world, which is what draws me to the internet as well. I'm a fan of singing, laughing, math, and friendship.

Well, I believe that's all this for now. :)

Oh, one question though. What exactly is the deal with the points? I see them when you post, and I see contests about them. But how do you spend them? Thank you very much!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:26 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Good, good, you've read the rules.

So, points. A long run-down:

In most boards, you get 0.2 points per character, maximum 50 points.

The boards you get points from are Welcome, groups, the Lit. boards, and the writing boards.

To spend points, you post a new work. It costs you 150 points to post a new story, but you still get the 50 points back. You also spend points by starting a new storybook. Those are 100, and you don't get points back.

I hope that answers your question!

So, any other favourite authors? Books? Genres? What genres do you write?

If you need anything, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:31 pm
random.thoughts says...

Hello there!

I was scared no one would come! Thank you for the information about points! That makes it all much clear. Anyways, I love writing mystery, romance, and the general random things that pop into my head. Reading wise, oh, sadly I haven't had any time for pleasure reading what with school work and all. Currently just finished Jane Eyre for English, which was fun. My last book for true from was Bridge of Sighs by Richard Russo. Going to be reading Empire Falls next. My type of reading to enjoy would be about the same, mystery heavy, romance light. Must include some fantasy in there as well. Really anything recommended by a friend!

What about yourself? Have something you simply adore?

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:44 pm
asxz says...

Well, I adore Twilight... You simply have to read the book and make a decision for yourself, but you will find those who love, and loath twilight on this sight!

I'm kind of new here too, I joined in December last year, so basically, what forgot Rosey Unicorn to tell you was the basic rules...

Don't use text speak, people really don't like it when you use slang, like "da" for "the", but that's just common courtesy, also, when you post something, there is the 2/1 rule that you already know about. And you should run your work through a grammar and spelling check before you post it on the sight. To post, all you need to do is roll over the writing tab at the top, and click, submit something.

So ho, what genre do you plan to write in?
Need help getting an avatar?
Finding it hard to navigate the sight?

Just PM me if you have any questions, or need any help (PMing's pretty straightforward, if you use other forums then you know that it means, but it's Private Message, and you click the PM ME button at the bottom of someones post)

You'll find this an awesome site, and No doubt everyone here will help you become a better writer.
::XoX::KeepWriting::XoX::

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Writing is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet

Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:13 am
random.thoughts says...

Hello to you as well!

I'm not a big fan of twilight myself, but I have friends that are so I can't say anything that bad. Plus, it was one of the only books my sister would read so I guess I have to be thankful for that little bit as well.

The first thing I have planned out that will probably be up very shortly will go into the other fiction section. I don't quite have the entire thing planned out yet, and sometimes my writing to go in random directions. And actually, last year I got slightly addicted to Photoshop CS3 extended and graphic making as well, so I can make avatars. But thank you so much!

It's really great the getting to know people on this already! This is going to be so much fun!

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:14 am
Night Mistress says...

Hey

Welcome to YWS.

Pm me if you need anything, including friendship.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

101 Reviews

Reviews: 101
Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:14 am
God says...

Hey,
I'm God,

I apologize if the name offends you, feel free to make up one of your own, if you wish,

So, since everyone else has pretty much covered everything, welcome to YWS,

math?

ech... how could you?

meh, I'm just messing with you, but still? Math? what the?

anyhows, what else you into?
I know a Chloe, but you are most definatly not the same Chloe, at least, I don't think you are...

I'm from Michigan, and you probably are not,

I ent one of them Yupers either, thank you,

So, have any questions, feel free to PM me, with comments rants, whatever...

Peace,
God
Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:17 am
tori1234 says...

welcome Chloe

and you're not alone when it comes to that Harry Potter addiction!
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala

If you know what this is from, become my best friend. =)

Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:30 am
random.thoughts says...

Night Mistress-

Hello! It's great to meet you! What type of literature do you write?

G-Dog-

Nah, I'm just kidding! I'll make up a good nickname! Since I am not from where you are, I'm not the same Chloe I believe. and since there are even multiple Chloe's at my school, I believe overall that there are lots of Chloe's. Scary that people could be going around with your same name.

Tori1234-

I know! I'm a big supporter of Harrypotterfanfiction and the forums and rpg that go along with it. I'm glad you like it to though! What's your favorite part?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:42 am
Rosendorn says...

I'm an Eragon fan, and I love Tamora Pierce.

The genre I write is fantasy, but I'll read historical and realistic as well.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:07 am
WaterVyper says...

Hello Chloe! That's a great sounding name, by the way. And your usrename is cute. Sorry that my thoughts are all scattered. I'm writing this in a panic.

Well, everyone's already answered all the questions. Hm, I guess all I can say is PM me for anything that you need: reviews, questions, or just if you want to talk. So, see ya around! I'll be looking forward to reading what you wrote.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:31 pm
random.thoughts says...

Hello WaterYper!

I actually have already posted something in the other fiction area, so we will see if anyone reviews that! And you could have answered the question from before as well. Like, what type of literature you are into reading?

You won't know the outcome of something unless you try it.
— manilla