z

Young Writers Society

Hello! : )

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:34 pm
Q_DJ says...

Hello everyone! My name is Devynn...

I've just joined the young writers society and am a little new to everything.
hmmmm... I guess i should talk about myself. First of all, i absolutely love writing, whether it is lyrics, poems, or stories. I have a wild imagination and have trouble getting all my ideas on paper, but I'm hoping that this site can help, and encourage me to be better.

Music is my life- i play piano, fiddle, guitar and mandolin. Sports- love watching hockey games, and love playing soccer. hmmm, ya. I would mention books I like but i have too many favourites to count them. :)
Well, that's it! Hope i cant talk to you all soon. bye! :)

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:48 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Two rules you should know:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. That way, everybody can get a review and there is the added bonus of people wanting to check out your work because you have checked out theirs. :wink: It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio.
2- Minimize chat-speak. You're allowed stuff such as lol but it's asked you take the time to spell out proper words.

And once you have finished those two, chat-speak free reviews, post some of your work! And please rate it. If you do, it'll show up on the main index unless it's rated R. R works have graphic scenes and/or the F-word.

I love the way your spell your name! Totally unexpected. Love it though.

Yes, YWS does help those that need to get things on paper. It also provides a group of people to ask you what you're writing about.

On the note of questions, let them begin!
What are your favourite books? (Give genres or a range if you can't name just a few)
Who are your favourite authors?
What genres do you prefer writing in?

Whoa. You play a lot of instruments. I'm not much of a music player; I prefer dance.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:57 pm
Flux says...

Welcome! I love playing soccer too. I came to YWS for the same reasons as you, but I've noticed, now, that I've lost an immense amount of ideas due to writers block. Or block plot, really. I'm jealous that you can write alot of different genre. I can only write fiction, maybe an essay... but other than that, I couldn't write a song or poetry to save me life.

I love music too. I wan'na learn violin, or cello, or bass, for that fact. I play flute, and a bit of piano. I could probably play alto saxophone if I got the hang of the reed.

Well, if you need anyone to talk to, or have a question you can feel free to pm me, or anyone else for that matter. We're all very helpful on here.

LaReina!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:53 pm
asxz says...

Hey, everyone on this site is helpful, and you'll get heaps better at writing because people critique your work truthfully, not like you friends, who don't want to hurt your feelings, or, in my case can't be bothered reading it at all! Anyway, feel free to PM me if you need hep getting an avatar, or want to put a signature on. I even have a review for food page that can be found Here.
So once you have posted your first work, after the two reviews of course, then you can get me to critique it. I'll be as helpfull as you want me to be, and all you need to do is link your story to your post on my thread!

Hope you like YWS!
::XoX::KeepWriting::XoX::

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Writing is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:11 am
Night Mistress says...

Hey

Welcome to YWS.

Pm me if you need anything.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:14 am
Princess says...

Hey and welcome to YWS!!

So, you like to write poetry, eh? Well, be sure to tell me if you have any poems that need reviewing! Just don't ask me to review Sci Fi... I can't stand it...*shudders*

Can't wait to see posts from you!

-Princess
I came into this world wrinkled and ugly. And no matter how much I accumulate here, it's a short journey. I will go out of this world wrinkled and ugly. So I enjoy life.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:44 am
LilyJamey says...

Welcome, Devynn! I'm Lily, LilyJamey. Or so my username says.

I have trouble getting my ideas on paper too. That's why I type em. :wink:

Stories! Goody! I can't critique poetry, nice as it is. It's not concrete enough to critique. But stories... Call me anytime if you need a review!

PM me if you need anything else. I'm usually around.

Cheers,
Lily.
Got YWS?

more fish is always superior to less fish
— Shady