z

Young Writers Society

I'm new! But I'm sure you already knew that..

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:53 pm
Kayleigh90 says...

Hi there. :D I thought I would take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Kayleigh, I'm 18 years old and live in the UK. I would say I'm a nice person but I'll let you make up your own mind on that. :D

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:29 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Before you start posting like mad, there are two rules you should know:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. This helps spread the reviews around. Also, people are much more willing to review your works if you've reviewed theirs. :wink: It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio
2- Minimize chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some phrase abbreviations and most alliteration is okay, just don't overdo it.

Also! When you do post your work, please rate it. If you rate it, your work will show up on the front page of the site for all to see! The only time it won't is when it's rated R. Rated R works contain graphic scenes and/or the F-word.

You haven't told us much about yourself, what are your favourite books/authors/movies?

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:25 pm
Merry_Haven says...

*Kayleigh~

Hello, there. How are you on this fine Saturday? All is well I hope? I hope you have loads of fun here and meet and have wonderful friends!!

Yeah!! Another 18 yr. old. I'm 18, too. Did you just turn eighteen or turning nineteen soon? Mine's in July. So that's super duper cool!

So what do you like to write? A little here a little there, I suppose? Any favorite genres that you prefer to write? I'll have to say I absolutely love writing Historical Romances. Fun. Fun. Fun!!

Anywho, if you need anything or just wanna say hi, feel free to PM or guestbook me. See you around!!

*Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:47 pm
Angel of Death says...

Hey there Kayleigh!

I'm Angel of Death, but please call me Angel. Oh and I just adore your name!

So, do you have any hobbies besides writing and what do you write? I love writing historical romances and other fiction mostly but what are you best at?

Do you have any favorite books? Authors?

Ooh and you're from the UK! I would really love to live there but ah one could dream.

Well, if you ever need to talk or if you have any questions or if you just want to rant, you know where to find me.

See ya around and Welcome to YWS!!

~Angel
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:48 pm
franz6767 says...

Nice to meet you, I'm new too...the UK, so to you live in northern UK, or southern UK? Who are some of your favorite English authors? Any American authors your a fan of? Do you write poetry, fiction, non-fiction?

Frank

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:16 am
Night Mistress says...

Hey

Welcome to YWS.

Pm me if you need anything.

see ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:49 am
WaterVyper says...

Hello Kayleigh! I'm Vyper, or whatever you want to call me. So, great to meet you and welcome to YWS! Rosey has already gone over the rules, so there really isn't much else to add to that. Hm, what are your other hobbies, besides reading and writing? Any interests in music?

Well, you can find a usergroups for most interests, so click on the big 'Groups' button up there to find more. It's filled with a bunch or groups dedicated to different stuff, like Twilight, and cartoons, and teenagers, and lots more. You'll find one you like eventually. I have to leave now since my dad is calling me for breakfast. So, feel free to PM me for anything at all. See ya around!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:49 am
LilyJamey says...

Hel-loo, Kayleigh! Welcome to the site. I'm Lily.

Everybody said what I wanted to say! Ah well.

I hope you write fiction. It's hard for me to critique poetry, or anything not classified as "prose". If you do, call me for a review! I'd love to help.

PM me if you need anything, or have any questions to ask.

Cheers,
Lily.
Got YWS?

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
— Groucho Marx