z

Young Writers Society

'old' newbie

Random avatar

Reviews: 8
Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:00 pm
View Likes
Mercury616 says...

I'd say 'o hai' but seeing as you folks are keen on proper spelling and grammar I will behave. I'll even use punctuation. This should shock and delight the one who's brought me here. OK, so maybe I was stalking her writing :wink:

Ms. PenguinAttack is the one I'm talking about; she and I met in #nanowrimo (irc goodchatting) back in November and well, reading her work here is easier than swapping emails. Call me lazy, or blame it on the time zone difference.

Most of my writing has been lyrics, though for NaNoWriMo I took my old journals (diary type journals) and read through them (and rewrote and added and expanded upon things). I managed to get over 50k words out of it, even if it wasn't a novel it was a cathartic experience for me.

I'm grateful for Gwen's support through the process. Now I've learned to appreciate her sense of humor and talent for words. I bet she'll blush while reading this. (deal :P )

She inspires me, so I will no doubt be posting more here in the near future. I do have older work I will be posting once I earn the points for it. I definitely look forward to seeing what else there is to read- I've always thought that younger poets and writers aren't appreciated or encouraged enough.

If anyone here is familiar with AllPoetry.com (works on the same concept, you're encouraged to post feedback to earn points) I know some people there.

The basics though (see I like doing things a bit backwards, I'm a lefty) I'm a dude, turning a quarter century old in June. I'm a vocalist and a guitarist; if you care to listen, this is the myspace page for my own project http://www.myspace.com/obsidianshaman and you can leave a comment or send a friend request.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:04 pm
Stori says...

Oh, I like! You're smart. So am I; so let's be friends.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:34 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

From the number of reviews you have, I'm guessing you know about the 2:1 rule? Review two works before posting any of your own.

I've seen Pengu around here. Not much though.

We do have a place to put lyrics on the lit. boards. Just scroll down to Miscellaneous works to find it.

If you need anything or have any questions, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

101 Reviews

Reviews: 101
Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:23 pm
God says...

hey hey,

I'm God, sorry about the name, might be offensive, feel free to make one up if you don't want to call me God...

welcome to YWS...

musician, huh? yeh, there are alot of those type her...

me too, for that matter

So, whats on your mind?

Peace,
God
Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive

Random avatar

Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:35 pm
Mercury616 says...

Rosey Unicorn wrote:

I've seen Pengu around here. Not much though.

We do have a place to put lyrics on the lit. boards. Just scroll down to Miscellaneous works to find it.

If you need anything or have any questions, feel free to PM me.

She's a busy girl.

I've been wandering around today since I'm needing some downtime... it's a nice place. And you're a mighty friendly bunch!

Not the first forum I've joined but likely the last as I've got *le gasp* real world responsibilities and all.

Soooo not fun. But hey I'm an adult now. Sometimes I have to act like one. *le sigh*

Random avatar

Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:40 pm
Mercury616 says...

God wrote:hey hey,

I'm God, sorry about the name, might be offensive, feel free to make one up if you don't want to call me God...

welcome to YWS...

musician, huh? yeh, there are alot of those type her...

me too, for that matter

So, whats on your mind?

Peace,
God

Offensive? Hardly. In #nano some call me Christ (one of my nicks had been ChristInChains)

So what kinda music? Got a link or anything you can send me? I'm always looking for something new and exciting. Being a Gemini is such hard work. :roll:

Wasn't I to be reading Twilight? Oh yes, that's right... I need some body glitter and fangs first. I like to really get into what I'm reading, yo.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:10 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to YWS.

If you need anything, feel free to pm me.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

People ask if I ever experience writer's block and I just have to laugh... that's my default position.
— Aaron Sorkin