z

Young Writers Society

Hey=]

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:27 am
Telina says...

Hey, so I know this is a little late, but it's better late than never right?
I'm Telina and I've been on YWS for about a week now and I thought it was about time I put a post on this welcome forum!
I'm 17 and I live in Canada, if you'd like to know more or want me to review anything I would love to! So just PM me=]

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:24 am
Clo says...

Hey Telina! Yay, E.E. Cummings in your signature!

I'm sure you've noticed what a wonderful site this is, and I'm sure Greeters are going to be pouring into this thread to tell you information about the site, so I'll just say feel free to PM me for reviews, or if you have questions about anything.

I hope to see you around the forums! Take advantage of the usergroups and blog here as well. :wink:

~ Clo
How am I not myself?

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:29 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Hey Telina! Better late than never, right?
So Welcome to YWS!!

I'm from Canada too. Well actually at the moment I'm in Pakistan, but returning to Canada soon. Where in Canada do you live? I live in Vancouver.

Hope you're having fun!

-Zehra
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:55 am
Threnody says...

'Ello Telina!
Nice saying hi to you, late, but fortunately never.
Canada... wow. Is it cold? I heard it was.
So, how are you liking this site so far? Hope you're having fun!
What do like to write? I write poetry. Don't even bother with any of my short stories... :D

Anyway, PM me if you need any help or if you need any reviews or any questions!
Enjoy

Peace, Love and Sugar Packets~
Forever Threnody
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

143 Reviews

Reviews: 143
Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:54 am
anti-pop says...

Hee-hee, there is no such thing as too late! Except, maybe in my case. When I joined I completely forgot to go to this board first. xD

I wish I could say I live in Canada, but I don't. lol. I live very close to Seattle, and I've been to Victoria Island lots of times. Have you ever been there? From all I've seen of the country so far, it's lovely. :)

~anti-pop
...Bitter cold, it grows
changing holds
cynicism the new norm...

-Libretto

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:41 pm
WaterVyper says...

Ooh, I've been to Canada once. It was cool. Went to debate camp there. Anyway, you probably know the rules already. Still, I suppose I gotta go over them. Don't worry, they're easy to follow.

1. Keep the 2:1 rule. That means that for every work you post, you should try to review two works before. It'll make people more inclined to review your work. On the topic of reviews, you can check the 'Will Review for Food' thread. If you ever need anything, drop by mine. I think it's somewhere on the second page. I'll respond.

2. No chatspeak. That means proper spelling, grammar, and capitalization. Some people are grammar nazis.

That's it! Follow them and we'll get along fine. So, everyone's already asked the basic questions. There's nothing left to say except feel free to PM me for anything you need. See ya around!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:52 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey

Welcome to YWS.

So you live in Canada. I live in America. So What are your favorites books/authors/movies/music?

tell us more about yourself.

What genre are you wrinting?

I hope to see you around.

See ya.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:39 pm
Rosendorn says...

Why is it that everybody thinks Canada is freezing? It's not like the temperature drops fifty degrees when you reach the boarder! It just changes from Fahrenheit to Celsius!

Hiya and welcome!

Can you tell I'm Canadian too? :P

I agree with Night; tell us a bit more about yourself!

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:14 pm
Telina says...

Hey again!

So to answer everyone’s questions:

Clo

Ha-ha yes, yay for E.E. Cummings! :D

mizz-iceberg
Pakistan? That's a long way from home what took you there?

Forever Threnody
I love this site! It's amazing, very helpful, props to Nate for the creation and to everybody else who keeps it what it is!
Ha-ha it's like what Rosey Unicorn said: "It's not like the temperature drops fifty degrees when you reach the boarder! It just changes from Fahrenheit to Celsius!"

anti-pop
Forgetting to post a welcome message must just be a classic move then... or it's just us :shock:

WaterVyper
Thanks for the reminder, not going to lie, not using chatspeak is very hard when I’m on the Internet.
I just want to type "lol" at everything that makes me laugh. Unfortunately I’ve traded it with the traditional and proper "ha-ha" but now I just don't use it very often so when I talk to people they probably think I have no sense of humour. :cry:

Night Mistress
Well I appreciate all written work, no matter how horrible, because behind that bad literature is somebody who was really trying.
I just choose not to read some of it ha.
My favourite book usually is the last book I’ve read so right now it's Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer - how unoriginal - i know, shame on me.
I haven't found my FAVOURITE author yet, I think holding something up to that standard usually means I get let down because I expect more from them, so I just enjoy authors and their capability of creating a different world than others.
I like any music; really I’m a very versatile person. I don't usually listen to rap but if I find something that has a good beat and good lyrics then I’ll like it.
I hate music that screams at me, if I can't understand what you're saying without having to Google your lyrics you probably won't end up on my iPod ha-ha

I'm writing a book that's a thriller/teen romance but I’m not posting that up on YWS until it's finished, because I hate to read unfinished books and I wouldn't want to subject anybody else to it!
I also write poetry, I’m not that good because I’ve only started but so far I’ve gotten some very helpful tips on how to improve. So thank you for the great reviews everybody!

Rosey Unicorn
Ah a Canadian!! YAY!
I think it's because we live in igloos and drive dog sleds.

Everybody
Since this was such a combined question I thought I should answer in one:
I was born in Victoria BC so I know how beautiful it is, I’ve been to Vancouver lots and it's great for shopping.
I now live in Alberta, out in the country about 20 minutes from any other town.
My high school is randomly located on Highway 11 (please don't stalk me) ha-ha
I love the best of both worlds, the city and the country.
And no, I don't like on a farm, I live on an acreage meaning I don't have animals I just have a gracious amount of land for quading and other stuff.
I do have horses but I keep them on my uncle’s ranch.

Thank again for the warm welcomes=] it's just one more reason why YWS is the best website.. next to YouTube ha-ha.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:28 pm
Night Mistress says...

that's cool.

I write anything that comes to my mind. Excpet Poetry. I can't write poetry with a darn.

Well, I am looking forward to reading your novel.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:21 pm
Rosendorn says...

:P at the Canadian thing.

As for "lol" that is allowed! What we are talking about it "kk" "u" "4" and the like. It's asked you take the time to spell words properly. Phrase abbreviations are perfectly fine!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:24 pm
Antigone Cadmus says...

We also tend to be grammar Nazis. ^_^

Hey, welcome to the loony bin, er- YWS. I'm Sakura.

Nice to meet you!
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:26 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Hello! I am Winter's Twelfth Night (or more commonly just Winter). I see you've already had quite a warm welcome!

My favourite book usually is the last book I’ve read so right now it's Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer - how unoriginal - i know, shame on me.

Hahaha. You're one of many on this site! I don't know if you know this, but there is a usergroup called Alice Cullen Knows Your Next Move for Twilight fans. Maybe you'd like it?

I can't wait to read some of your work! Let me know when you post it.

Anyway, if you have any questions feel free to PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:39 pm
moosiegirl says...

Oh hello dearie!
Welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, and WELCOME!
We here at YWS absolutely adoreeeeeee new members! And of course, being here from 2006 myself, 3 years already, writing is a passion people here chase after! Of course, if you can't post often, it's alright since everywhere here understands with our busy life cycles, but if you come once in a while, things will be as right as rain! Hope to see you around.
Ginger
"I don't know what to say, so I'll just say what's in my heart... Baboom, Baboom, Baboom."
--Mel Brooks

"Come quickly, I am drinking the stars!"
— Dom Pérignon