z

Young Writers Society

ahh

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:18 pm
greenmeans-go. says...

hello world. so im a little...k very new to this.
just wanted to say helloooo and introduce myself...
im mary soccer and writing are the life blood that fuels the dreams of chanpions :D
thats about it about me.
any :?: just ask

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:50 pm
Flux says...

Well, hello there Mary/ Greenmeans-go. I'm a Greeter here, La Reina. I love soccer and writing (but here we all love writing!)

So, before I ask anymore, please make sure to follow these two simple rules:

1) Minimize chat-speak. As an example, try use "you" instead of "u" and "the" instead of "da". You can still use lol, but try to minimize anything else.
2) Secondly, follow the YWS 2:1 ratio. Always review two works before posting one of your own!
- - -

Anyways, you didn't tell us much about yourself. What are your "favourites"? Favourite author/ movie/ song/ band/ writing genre/ etc,. I'm sure you'll fit in perfectly here at YWS.

If you have any other questions you can post in the "Sticky" part of this forum, or pm me or anyone else! We're all glad to help. And please check out the Rules forum for more rules to follow at YWS. If you respect everyone, and follow the two rules above, you'll fit right in.

LaReina!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:11 pm
daydreamer9 says...

Hey Mary! I'm new too! But don't worry, everyone here is really kind and open.

The best thing to do is read others works, just to get yourself acquainted to what the site is like. Or, at least that helped me!

What kinds of writing are you interested in? Are you working on anything in particular?
live like there's no tomorrow, dream like you'll live forever.

be the change you wish to see in the world
-gandi

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:11 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Hello Greenmeans-go! I am Winter. Welcome to YWS! La Reina covered the major rules, so I will explain the usergroups. Here on YWS we have lots of different groups that focus on certain themes/books/movies. For example, we have a Twilight usergroup called Alice Cullen Knows Your Next Move, which is very popular. We have a debate group for people who like to discuss/argue and we have a group for novelists. We also have groups that focus on specific aspects of writing such as plot and characterization. These are great places to get to know people who share common interests! You can also earn points by posting in groups.

Are you writing any stories/poems/lyrics/scripts right now? What are you planning on posting on the YWS? I would love to read some of your work.

Anyway, if you have any questions feel free to PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:28 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

LaReina beat me to the rules, and Winter beat me to the groups. Time for coloured names:

Blue- Greeters! It's our job to make you feel at home and answer any navigation questions you have about YWS.
Purple- Instructors. It's their job to basically tear your work apart in the name of making you a better writer. Ask them for critiques. They will tone their critiques down upon request.
Light green- Jr. mods. They have mod powers in some forums.
Green- Mods. They help keep things running nice and smoothly. Go to them if you need a thread locked, have an issue with a member, anything really. That goes for Jr. mods too.
Red- Admins. They keep things running behind the scenes. Nate is the creator of the site, Meshugenah is his assistant.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:35 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey.

Welcome to YWS.

If you ever walk to talk, Feel free to pm me.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

101 Reviews

Reviews: 101
Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:17 pm
God says...

hey hey,
Green means go,
yellow means go faster,
and red means floor the pedal, you'll make it.

so, welcome to YWS, I'm God, and I apologize if the name offends you, feel free to call me whatever you wish, make up a name, I don't care.

so, this is YWS where us addicts hang out and write stuff,

so, anything on your mind? what do you do? where are you from?

who ARE you?

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments, jokes, rants, whatever, I'lll answer

Peace,
God
Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:24 am
cheese9975 says...

Hey there, Mary! I know it probably seems a little tough to get around on here, but spend a little time on the site and you'll know it like the back of your hand in no time. I see the rules have already been laid out for you, just try to stick to them! As far as chatspeak goes, we will tolerate an occasional "lol", but for the most part we strive for proper English.

So, who are some of your favorite authors? What kind of writing do you do?

We'd love to know a little bit more about you!

If you have ANY questions, just PM me, I'm always more than happy to help!

xoxo,
Shannon
"The manatee has become the mento." -Tracy Jordan

"Live every week like it's shark week." -Tracy Jordan
^30 Rock is love

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:13 am
niteowl says...

Hi green-means go. Looks like you've got a lot of info from the other Greeters, so I won't bother adding to it. If you have a question though, you're always welcome to PM me!

Now the fun part. Charlie?

GREEN MEANS GO!!!!! SO GO FROM WHEREVER YOU ARE TO RIGHT OVER HERE AND GET YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt007 :smt004 :smt026 :smt024 :smt016 :smt021 :smt020 :smt027 :smt031 :smt041 :smt059 :smt068 :smt072 :smt064 :smt077 :smt114 :smt084 :smt109 :smt101 :smt083 :smt116 :smt115 :pirate1: :ftw: :smt035
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:01 pm
Stori says...

*goggles at Charlie's emtiocons*

What? Oh, sorry. I'm Kite. Or Jay. Or Story. "If you're looking for my proper name, you'll have to seek elsewhere."

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:19 pm
*DaughteroftheMoon* says...

Hey there! I know, I'm late. So, tell us about yourself, who is your favorite author? So all the rules have been covered. Writing well, It's great. So if you have any questions, or need any reviews, PM me. See you around the forums!
~Alyss
Amor Vincit Omnia

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:58 am
Merry_Haven says...

*Mary~

Yeah!! Another Mary!! How odd is that?

Anywho, Welcome. I hope you are having loads of fun here!

I see everyone has got here and has been greeting you warmly. Cool. Cool. I'm just a little late here.

If you need anything, shoot me a guestbook or pm. See you around!

*Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

The best books... are those that tell you what you know already.
— George Orwell, 1984