z

Young Writers Society

hey i'm new!

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:01 pm
daydreamer9 says...

Hey everyone! I'm Ella and obviously I'm new here.

I've been writing for at least four years now. I've been working on several stories but on one story in general. So far, i've probably written about 200 pages of this story over the years. I might not be the best writer, but it is something I enjoy and hope to do even more in the future.

My story is a mixture of many fiction genres: fantasy, romace, comedic, sci-fi. I love them all too much to stick to one. It focuses on six friends who realize it is their destiny to save the world from an ancient evil that was thought to be defeated. They attend CIGAM, a school that brings students from all over the world who are blessed with charisms, gifts from God (or whatever supreme being they believe in). It is with these charisms they join together on a quest to victory and self discovery.

I am inspired by many authors and cannot really specify my favorites. My favorite dialogue and storyline come from TV Shows. I like the witty dialogue of Gilmore Girls and the suspense of Heroes and the humour of Scrubs.

Music is my muse and each of my characters usually has what i'd call a 'theme song'.

I look forward to becoming a part of this community.

Thanks in advance! :]
Last edited by daydreamer9 on Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Random avatar

Reviews: 15
Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:14 pm
Horserider says...

Hi what kind of story are you writing?

I finished my very first novel ever last month. I'm not great either, but writing is a lot of fun.

So what genres do you like?

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:18 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Hello Ella! I am Winter's Twelfth Night (or just Winter). Welcome to YWS!
I don't know if I should leave this up to a greeter, but we have two main rules on YWS:
1. We all try to keep a 2:1 review to story ratio. So before you post any stories/poems/lyrics/scripts be sure to review two pieces.
2. Chat speak is not used on YWS, as we are trying to improve our writing skills.

So, you didn't say much about yourself. What genre is the story that you're working on? What genres do you like to read? What are some of your favorite books?

If you have any questions about YWS or anything else, please feel free to PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:40 pm
Flux says...

Well, since Winter has already explained the two main rules, I won't say anymore. Just that you follow those please, and check out any other rules in the rules forum.

Incognito Temptation explained this to another, so I figured I may as well. I'm a "Greeter", so my job on the site is to greet new members, such as yourself! Anyone with a purple name is an "Instructor", and they will welcome sometimes, review alot of stories, and sometimes teach classes. Those with light green names are "Junior moderators", and dark green are "Moderators". They are in charge of making the game safe, and moderate a certain forum. Site "Admins are in red, and "Distinguished members" are orange. We ask that you respect everyone on YWS, not only those with the coloured names ;)

Much agreed Daydreamer. I enjoy writing, too, even though I'm not the best. As long as you like something, you can still continue with it, right? So why don't you tell us a bit about yourself. What are your "Favourites"?

Favourite book/ author/ movie/ TV show/ band/ song/ writing genre/ drink/ food/ etc,. I'm sure there's someone on here with the same intrests as you! You'll fit right in.

And if you have any questions at all, you can pm me, or anyone else for that fact!

LaReina!
Last edited by Flux on Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

44 Reviews

Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:45 pm
daydreamer9 says...

I'll make sure to adhere to those rules, Winter! :]

My story is a mixture of many fiction genres: fantasy, romace, comedic, sci-fi. I love them all too much to stick to one. It focuses on six friends who realize it is their destiny to save the world from an ancient evil that was thought to be defeated. They attend CIGAM, a school that brings students from all over the world who are blessed with charisms, gifts from God (or whatever supreme being they believe in). It is with these charisms they join together on a quest to victory and self discovery.

I look forward to posting it, but I must admit, I prefer to read and review others. I feel a sense of purpose. ha ha.

Horserider, what was your story about that you finished? That takes a lot of perserverance to finish a novel! Congrats.

37 Reviews

Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:08 pm

That sounds like a really interesting story! PM me when you post it because I would love to read it. What's it called? Or does it not have a title yet? I never name my stories until after I've finished them. :D
-Winter
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

44 Reviews

Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:16 pm
daydreamer9 says...

I'll make sure too! and thanks, I at least hope it's interesting.

The title of my story is "CIGAM". CIGAM stands for Central Institute for Gifted and Advnaced Minors. That was it's title when I first began three years ago at least! But to be honest, its just a working title.

I'm very similar to you in that way, Winter. I always wait to give my story a permanent title until its finished.

37 Reviews

Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:07 pm

Thanks! I can't wait to read it!
-Winter
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:46 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Very cool sounding novel! I write mostly fantasy/romantic fantasy. Pure magic, basically. As my username probably tells you, I love myth. :wink:

You like to review? Perfect! Can't wait to see you around the lit. boards. Keep in mind though, you have to be at YWS a month before you can apply for Greeter or Instructor.

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:40 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey

welcome to YWS.

Your story sounds very cool. i can't wait to read it. I write mostly romance stuuf, but sometime I experiment with the others. Except poetry.

So you have mention your favorites yet, so I will aske. What are your favorite books/authors/movies/ music?

I hope to see you around.

Pm me if you need anything, including friendship.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:14 am
Stori says...

Another Dreamer! Are you related? :wink:

I'm known around here as Kite, but you can call me "Stori" or "Jay." I don't mind.

You should know about the point system. For each time you post, you get so many points, and it takes around ten points to post a new topic.

Also, there are the storybooks. These are "role-playing" stories where everyone takes part. Check it out when you have the time.

"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask, there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."
— V for Vendetta