z

Young Writers Society

I'm new.

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:56 pm
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Hey I'm new. I just joined yesterday but haven't posted on this forum yet. I have reviewed a few stories so far and have submitted a prolouge to one of my stories. It's not that fabulous so I might fix it and re-post it or somthing. So I'm really excited to have joined. I really like it.
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:58 pm
Krupp says...

Welcome to the family. You'll like it here, I'm sure.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:06 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Does that mean you have read the rules? If you haven't, the two main ones are:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. This helps make sure everybody gets a review. Plus, people are a lot more willing to look at your work if you've looked at theirs. :wink: It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio.
2- Minimize chat-speak. Some abbreviations and alliteration is okay, just don't overdo it.

Tell us a little more about yourself! What are your favourite books? Authors? Genres? What genre is the book you're writing now?

YWS is the place to come for critiques. Ask people with purple names if you want a really in-depth one. They're Instructors. It's their job.

The other coloured names are:

Blue- Greeters. We make you feel welcome and answer minor questions you have.
Light green- Jr. mods. They have mod powers in some forums.
Green- Mods. Call on them if you have a big question, or if you have issues with a member.
Red- Admins. They keep the site up and running. Ask them for hugely technical stuff.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:47 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hello! Rosey's practically explained everything here... Hm, would it do you any good if I explained the user groups? If you'll click on the 'Groups' button up there *points up* You'll find a lot of groups. Click on one that sounds promising and you can see what the group is like. We have groups for lots of different interests such as debating, Twilight, Movies, and tons more. You'll find one you like.

So, what hobbies do you have? Movies and music? Any pets? That's all I can say for now. I have to get going. Well, see ya! Feel free to PM me for anything at all.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:51 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey.

Welcome to YWS.

I'm one of those greeters Rosey was talking about.

You didn't tell us mych about yourself. Like favorites book/authors/movies and such.

If you need anything, feel free to pm me.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:04 pm
Stori says...

Hi, Colleen. I'm known around here as Kite. *shakes hands*

You should probably know about the point system here. You need about ten points to post each time, so make sure you have a good stock. You can get them through:

A. reviewing other people's work.
B. posting here in the Welcome board,
C. donations.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:49 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Hello mhmmcolleenx0! I am Winter's Twelfth Night (or preferably just Winter)! Everyone else has explained all of the important parts of this site. To elaborate on Kite's explanation of the point system, it costs points to post stories/lyrics/poems/art and so on. You can also earn points by joining a group and posting there or in any of the places mentioned by Kite. So make sure you have plenty of points! If you have any questions please feel free to PM me.
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

Knowing too much of your future is never a good thing.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief