z

Young Writers Society

Hey, I'm a newbie! Will you be my friend?I'm really nice:D

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:47 pm
Myrcei says...

Howdy there!

So I just moved into the area like..er...five minutes ago.

Will you be my friend?
Can you show me around? Tell me the rules? Is there any kind of lingo I need to know to understand what people are talking about?
That kind of thing...I'm Myrcei aka Lindsay by the way.

Nice to meet you....?

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:58 pm
Krupp says...

Welcome to the club. Be nice, and good things will come to you. That's all I learned when I first got on here...
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:01 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Two main rules you should know:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. This helps make sure everybody gets a review. Plus, people are much more willing to look at your stuff if you've looked at theirs. :wink: It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio
2- Minimize chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations and alliteration are okay, just don't overdo it.

Some author term abbreviations you should know:
POV- Point Of Vew
MC- Main Character
WIP- Work In Progress

Nutty should come around soon to give you a tour of the place. ^_^

So, tell us a little more about yourself! What are your favourite books? Authors? Genres? Are you writing anything right now?

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me by hitting the little button that says "PM me" at the bottom of this post.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:06 pm
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

I just joined recently to! It's so fun to read and review others people's work. I love getting advice on my writing. I guess one rule I always stick to is to only give people constructive criticism. I'm not going to read something and say 'wow that sucked'. But any who, you're really going to like it here.
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:35 pm
Rosendorn says...

mhmmcolleenx0 wrote:I just joined recently to! It's so fun to read and review others people's work. I love getting advice on my writing. I guess one rule I always stick to is to only give people constructive criticism. I'm not going to read something and say 'wow that sucked'. But any who, you're really going to like it here.

That's actually a rule on here! Nice that you're doing that already. ^_^
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:00 pm
thefireinmeisJC says...

Hey Lindsay! Just a q: How did you come up with your username? sounds interesting...

Well anyway, Welcome to the Wonderful World of YWS. Home to wacky writers who love to tear other people's works to shreds *cough cough* i mean reviewed. My bad... :P

haha just kidding. I usually end up in a fit after reading other people's work: Ex. "why can't I write like that?" lol but anyway I'm rambling now. Which is perfectly fine and somewhat normal at YWS.

So...I'm not the "rule" type and Rosey already cleared that out of the way for me. I like to ask about favorites.

Fav books? Authors? Music? Candy? Color? TV Show? You name it.

Some of my answers:
Books: The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak and Impulse by Ellen Hopkins
Music: Switchfoot! genre: anything but country and rap.
Junk food: cheese puffs/chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream
Color: Silver
TV Show: Touched by An Angel

Ok...there's me in a shiny nutshell. Your turn!

See you around!

- JC
feel free to PM me with any questions or if you want to say hi. that's cool too!
Give hugs not bombs or whatever that saying says

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:28 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hi Lindsay! I'm Emily, or WaterVyper, or whatever you feel like calling me. So, it's great that you decided to join. Hm, what are your favorite movies? I don't really like going to movies but I'm still waiting for Inkheart and Cirque du Freak. Well, I gotta go. Feel free to PM me if you need anything. See ya around.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:48 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey Lindsay.

Welcome to YWS.

You didn't tell us much about yourself.

And I will be you friend if you want. i am really friendly too.

Pm me if you need anything.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:58 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Hello Lindsay! I am Winter's Twelfth Night (preferably just Winter). I don't think anyone has explained the usergroups yet. Well here on YWS we have lots of different groups that focus on certain themes/books/movies. For example, we have a Twilight usergroup called Alice Cullen Knows Your Next Move, which is very popular. We have a debate group for people who like to discuss/argue and we have a group for novelists. We also have groups that focus on specific aspects of writing such as plot and characterization. These are great places to get to know people who share common interests! You can also earn points by posting in groups.
Anyway, if you have any questions feel free to PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

i, too, use desk chairs for harm and harm alone
— Omni