z

Young Writers Society

Hey from the Cullens

Reviews: 0
Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:33 am
Renesmee Cullen says...

Hey Im Renesmee Cullen, Im here to hopefully find new friends and other fans of twilight.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:47 am
Nutty says...

Twilight? Not my thing, but you'll find plenty here.

Welcome to YWS! Why don't you tell us a little about yourself? Hobbies? Interests? Favourite genre? 'm guessing romance. Hehe.

Okay, now for the (thankfully) short lecture on the main two rules that will keep you out of trouble-

-No chat/leet speak
-And please critique twice before posting your work, and try your best to maintain a 2:1 critique/work ratio.

And, on a brighter note, if you wish for a little extra guidance, an older member on the site to read your work, answer questions and generally look out for you, why don't you check out the mentors? The thread is in the Welcome forum, you can't miss it.

And last of all, Have fun! Because if you don't.... *looks thoughtful* ... I suppose you will be bored.

Hope to see you around,

-Nutty
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:52 am
asxz says...

Hi, I'm Asxz, and I get to be the first to welcome to you to the forum!

Basically, you came here to introduce yourself, so why don't you tell us about the books you read, what genre you hope to write in, if there is anything that you want people to know about yourself... Whatever you want us to know, you can say it here.
We are all very friendly here, so don't be afraid to ask people how to do something!
PM (private message ) me if you need any help 0_o

Here are the basic rules:

-No chat speak. This is a writer's forum, so we encourage proper language. This means no abbreviations such as "r" our "u".

-If your work has graphic or expletive material, rate it accordingly.

-Keep a 2:1 ration for posting your work. This means that you have to give 2 critiques for ever piece of work that you post.

That's the main rules of the YWS website, So enjoy!
::XoX::KeepWriting::XoX::

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Writing is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:55 am
Nutty says...

(sorry asxz, I bet you to it) :wink:
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:58 am
Night Mistress says...

Hey.

Everyone before me cover the main rules. darn.

So you like twilight. I like twilight too, but I hate the fourth book. it's was so cliche for me. What other books do you like?

what genre do you plan to write?

oh, don't forget to check out the usergroups here. There is even one for twilight. Alice Cullen Knows Your Next Move.

Well, pm me iif you need anything, including friendship.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:32 am
Meep(: says...

Well, everyone has beaten me to the punchline.

Renesmee Cullen, huh?
There are four types of reactions that you'll probably get.
1) They squeal over your name and sweep you off somewhere where people gush over Twilight.
2) They frown at your name and try to convince you of its bad points.
3) They couldn't care less about your name. Neutral territory.
4) Huh? Who's that?

Like Night Mistress has pointed out,
There is a user group for Twilighters.
"Alice Cullen Knows Your Next Move".
A very inventive name, I should say.
I had expected something more along the lines of:
"We loveloveheartheart Twilight forever <3"

So besides all things Twilight,
What genre(s) do you like to read and write about?

Oh, and feel free to PM for anything.
I'll see you around then! :D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:06 pm
Demeter says...

Hi there! What shall I call you, because I definitely won't type 'Renesmee Cullen' everytime ;) Sorry, but I'm just that lazy, haha.

Welcome! I'm Demeter. I hope you have lots of fun around here, and if you face any problems, just PM me. :)

See you around!

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:50 pm
LilyJamey says...

Renesmee Cullen? Nessie, I should say! Welcome, Nessie, to YWS, the biggest young writing site in the www!
I don't know of any others, quite frankly. Didn't bother to look for one after I got hooked on this.

My name is Lily. Hello.

So, Twilight fan? Ah, there are plenty who do share your interest. Personally, I'm not much of a fan, but many are. Hence the creation of the group.

I see your fave character is Renesmee (or so I presume). Cool. Perhaps I'll be seeing some good fan fics from you? If that is, of course, the genre you write.

Any other hobbies? Football, or soccer, as they call it in US? Or something less athletic?

*pauses to let the 20 questions sink in*
Nyway, hope you enjoy yourself! Welcome again to the family. PM me for anything at all.

Cheers,
Lily
Got YWS?

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:01 pm
*DaughteroftheMoon* says...

Hey there!
I also love twilight, all the books...I'm not obsessed...Well just a little. Nessie is one of my favorite characters. So all the rules have been covered, and I won't go over them again and bore you and make you wish that you had never read this post. So, if you need any help, or want a review, just PM me. I'll be happy to help!
~Alyss
Amor Vincit Omnia

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:17 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

No comment on Twilight.

To check out those usergroups, click on the Groups button in the header. There are quite a few there, so poke around.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:09 am
Renesmee Cullen says...

Thanks guys and yeah you can call me Nessie XD.

I like to write romance,horror and mostly vampire. I love roleplay writing and writing competion. Im also on a writing site called YoungWritersUnite, but if you such that you wont find it, Its www.youngwritersunite.proboards.com. well anough of invertiseing. I love reading peoples stories and reviewing sounds like a quite fun job but i also like helping and talking to new people. My friend .:echelon:. You might know her as, invited me to this site and Im so glad she did. She is the admin of the other site and she said this is were she got all her inseration from so I guess this forum must be great.

Love

Nessie x
The Forbidden Fruit Tastes the Sweetest

Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:30 am
Childark says...

Hello Renesmee! Judging from your name then you're also a Twilight fan! And with that I'm guessing that you're also a vampire-romance fanatic! Anyways, John here! And welcome to the forums!

You can talk to me if you want preferably about writing and twilight and also your friend!

Random avatar

Reviews: 15
Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:38 pm
Horserider says...

Hi Nessie! I love Twilight too! You can PM me any time to talk about Twilight, writing or really anything in general.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:38 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Hello Renesmee! I am Winter's Twelfth Night (preferably Winter)! Welcome to YWS! I think everyone else covered the rules and questions and everything else. You said that you like role-playing? There is a usergroup called The Character Tea Party that is completely focused on role-playing to help with character development. Maybe you'd find that interesting.
Anyway, PM me with any questions you may have!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:06 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Another place to roleplay is the Storybook section. You'll find quite a number of RPGs there. But some are full, so be warned.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

a little humanity makes all the difference
— Rosendorn