z

Young Writers Society

Hi!

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:18 am
Jess. B. Hendricks says...

I just thought that i would drop in and say hi to everyone!
Nate was kind enough to welcome me and give me some helpful suggestions.
Looking forward to conversing with you all!

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:33 am
Nutty says...

Hey, Jess! Welcome to YWS!

Nate's good like that. Being the founder of the site, and all.

Okay, here's the bit even I don't like. a (thankfully) short lecture on a few basic rules:

-No chat or leet speak.
-Please critique twice before posting your work, and keep a 2:1 crit/work ratio, or at least try your best to.

Okay, they are the main ones. But check out the full set of them under Help & Support.

Yay! Lecture over! I don't like that part. ><; But they'll keep you out of trouble ^_^

Hey, if you need a bit of extra help, and would like someone to take you under their wing, why not check out the mentoring system? The thread is in the welcome forum, you can't miss it. Your mentor will answer questions, read your work and generally watch out for you.

Anyhoo, make sure you have fun! You'll meet loads of great people on here ^_^
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:00 am
Night Mistress says...

Hey.

Welcome to YWS.

You didn't tell us much about yourself. Like favorite books, authors, etc.

So what genre do you write?

Pm me if you need anything.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:14 am
*DaughteroftheMoon* says...

Well, hello there, welcome to the great big family of YWS!
So the rules have been covered so I get the fun part. What is your favorite color? How long have you been writing? Let us know something bout you. If you ever need any help, or in need of a review, PM me. I'll always happy to help, or give a tour. See ya round!
~Alyss
Amor Vincit Omnia

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:57 am
LilyJamey says...

Helloooo, Jess! M'name's Lily. Welcome to YWS!

You'll find loads to talk about - everyone here (or almost averyone) loves to chat. Very friendly people, we are! And intellectual, of course. There's a chatroom that's sometimes open on the front page, but of course, you can't use chatspeak there.

So, what genre do you write? Any fiction is welcome to request my critique! *shakes head* That doesn't sound right.
If you write fiction, you're welcome to request a critique from me!
Better.

Especially if it's categorised under Romantic and Other Fiction, since I tend to look at those more.

So tell us about yourself! Your hobbies, your favourite writers and all! Are you an athletic kind of person, a not-so-athletic kind of person, or a very original kind of person?

*checks questions* I've almost exceeded my amount! Ah well. PM me if you have any questions for me. :wink: I'm really not that scary.

Hope you enjoy the site!

Cheers,
Lily.
Got YWS?

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:48 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hello Jess! I'm WaterVyper, or whatever you want to call me. Seriously. Call me a water bottle and I wouldn't mind. So, welcome to our big dysfunctional family that is YWS! Hm, everyone already asked the usual questions. I guess I'm going to explain the groups.

Here on YWS, we have tons of user created groups. They're specifically tailored to suit a certian area, such as horror, debate, cartoons, and more. So, if you find yourself feeling lonely, you can go and check them out. They're under the big 'Groups' button up there. There's also the alternative of PMing me. I'll be available. So, see ya around Jess. I'll be looking out for you.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

I hope everyone's safe and sound and has some potatoes in the pantry.
— Arcticus