z

Young Writers Society

I just joined but I'm booming with ideas.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:23 pm
Nightfoul21 says...

Hey everyone, my name is Julian Gibson. Just your average 12th grader with a lot of story ideas and who looks beyond the normal eye. Hippie? Me? Nah, even though I've been called one before. I just see the world in a much wider view than some of my peers. But enough about that. I'm currently writing a new story by the name of Torn Pages. I plan to upload a new chapter at least every week. I'm hoping to meet many new people here and make lots of friends. Till then, see ya.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:31 pm
Antigone Cadmus says...

Hey, Nightfowl21!

I'm Sakura. Nice to meet you. ^_^

Is Nightfowl okay, or is there another name you'd rather be called?

Here are some basic rules:

-No chatspeak. This is a writer's forum, so we're a bit high-strung when it comes to proper spelling and grammar.
This means no abbreviations such as "r" our "u".

-Keep cussing inside the literary forums. If your work has graphic or expletive material, rate it accordingly.

-Keep a 2:1 ration for posting your work. For every piece of work you post, you should have two reviews of other's work. I see you've already posted your own work... so go get some reviews done. ^_^

Sooo...

Any favorite books/authors?
Favorite music?

Tell us about yourself some. ^_^

Nice to meet you!

-Sakura
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:36 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Sakura beat me to the rules.

"Torn Pages" sounds really cool! What genre is it?

Oh, I got that a lot. People found me very strange. Then I joined YWS where strange is normal!

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:36 pm
Nutty says...

Hey! The name's Nutty, or Chey (a shortened version of my real name) if you prefer.

You have a wide view of the world? Awesome. I think it's something that really aids writing. You'll find a lot of different perspectives on here. ^_^

Heh. I haven't been called Hippie, but I've been called bogan. Close enough, eh? :p

Someone's done the lecturing for me! Sweet!

If you need any help getting around the site, and would like someone to take you under their wing, check out the mentoring system. The thread is in this forum- you can't miss it.

So, what are your hobbies? Interests? Favourite genre? Have you been writing long? Tell us about yourself. ^_^

And ideas are good. I have them occasionally....0.o hehe.

Hope to see ya 'round!

-Nutty
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:40 pm
Jiggity says...

I tried to come up with a suitably random and somewhat psychotic welcome note, but failed. To be fair, the classical monkey kept distracting me with his violin playing - he's really quite good, though don't tell him that, his head's big enough - and then I saw the Smurfs (they're in a protracted battle with the pot-smoking elves from next door) stumbling along, all injured and hurt, so I gave them a little help.

And I don't even want to go near what the gnome was doing beneath the table :shock:

So yeah, totally justified. Also, you didn't say much and...wait, I came here for a reason...

Oh yeah, hi. And like, welcome.

~You've been Jiggled~
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:46 am
asxz says...

Welcome to YWS, Its awesome and you will love it here. If you have a cool picture or short clip on your computer than you can upload it to be your avatar. Just go into the MY YWS, then click on My Avatar/Photo. Hope you like YWS, And Iam looking foward to reading your book!
::XoX::KeepWriting::XoX::

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Writing is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:02 am
Night Mistress says...

Hey.

Welcome to YWS.

So what genre are you writing?

Pm me if you need anything.

see ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:35 pm
Stori says...

May I call you Owl? I'm Kite.

Why Kite, you ask? And what's with the "silver hand"? That's a story and a half.

The magic is only in what books say, how they stitched the patches of the universe together into one garment for us.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451