z

Young Writers Society

My Intro!

Reviews: 0
Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:36 am
Childark says...

Hello everyone! I'm new here(obviously) I'm a 16 year old aspiring writer and I'm currently working on a story (already on chapter 3) I'm not really confident with my writing skills, but I'll try my best to help you my fellow writers.

Anyways...

HELLO! :lol:

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:50 am
Nutty says...

Welcome, Childark! The name's Nutty. Call me what you wish- I'll probably answer.

You're not confident? Well, remember, we're here to help. Not to enlarge your ego, but in improving your writing, so your ego can be justified ^_^

A few rules- I don't like doing the lecture, but as I'm first...

-No chat or leet speak. We use proper grammar here. We Are a writing site, after all.
-Try not to swear outside of literature
-Please review twice before posting, and try to keep a 2:1 review to work ratio. We're all here to help each other.

Okay, unpleasentaries over, why don't you tell us about yourself? What's your favourite author? Genre? hobbies? Randomness? Randomness is always good.

Don't let people scare you. A lot of us are pretty strange, it just adds to the fun ^_^

If you would like a buddy, to take you under their wing, critique your work, and make your stay here more comfortable and generally look out for you, check out our mentors: topic20053.html or I can adopt one newbie, but my profile is not up there so send me a PM.

Okay. I missed a rule. Have fun. I demand it. Though I have no authority and you can ignore me if you wish. Hehe.

-Nutty
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:32 am
Childark says...

Hello Nuts!

Awesome lecture, and don't worry about my ego. I'm sensitive enough to feel bad whenever a person criticize me or anything like that.

About myself?

I'm a Filipino writer, but I think I'm more proficient and have a wider vocabulary in English. My favorite author's Stephenie Meyer, thus making my favorite genre Romance.

Hobbies? I didn't have any hobby so I started writing along with drawing to provide illustrations on my characters.

And also, don't worry about the strange part. I do think that I am strange myself :lol:

Funny Signature by the way :)

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:40 am
Nutty says...

Why thankyou. I stole it from Brigid Lowry myself. *bows*
And remember, save Thomas the tank engine. They're trying to make him all CGI! :(
Strange is good. *high fives* you'll fit right in! ^_^
I draw too. I've drawn my characters before. It's good fun.
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:53 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hey Childark! You're from the Philippines, eh? That makes us practically neighbors! I'm from Indonesia. So, how are you? What interests in movies or music do you have? That'll be all for now. I gotta get to sleep soon. So, great meeting you. Hopefully, I'll see you around. Feel free to PM me for anything you need. See ya!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:55 pm
*DaughteroftheMoon* says...

Welcome to the great big family!
Cool! I'm also 16, and am attempting to write a story. Key word: Attempting. Yours has better luck than me, to be already on chapter three. Thats great, I can't wait to see, what you got. So if you need any help,or reviews just let me know. See you around the forums.
~Alyss
Amor Vincit Omnia

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:37 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Romance, huh? I like romantic subplots in just about anything. ^_^ Mostly fantasy though.

Chapter 3? Good job! I have a super hard time finishing stuff. I keep going back and editing novels. This time I am writing by hand so I can't do that. I am not allowing myself to reread anything I have in this novel until it is finished!

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:05 am
Night Mistress says...

Hey.

Another romance writer. Awesome. I'm a romance writer too. I have several piece out right now, so take a look when you have the chance.

So since you like Meyer, I take it you like Twilight? What other books do you like?

Pm me if you need anything, including friendship.

see ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:58 am
Childark says...

Now I feel really welcome! Thank you all! Though I'm not sure if I'll post my stories here :O

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:11 pm
Demeter says...

Hi, Childark, and welcome! I'm Demeter, though I'll respond to almost anything, too. ;)

It would be great if you posted your stories on here! There's no need to worry, because even though it needed a lot of editing (and usually everything does), the YWSers are very friendly and helpful, and won't make you feel bad about anything. Many people give great constructive reviews, without losing any of the friendliness. This is one of the best place to improve!

Well, I hope to see you around much! If you have any questions/problems/anything, just PM me and I'll be there ;)

Have fun,

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:13 pm
Flux says...

And, hello *waves* I'm LaReina! You are now an official member of the YWS family! Please keep hands and feet inside at all times, and many of us don't bite.

So, you like Meyer, eh? Well, doesn't everyone these days? What's your favourite movie/ food/ non-Twilight book? etc,. I, myself, really like the books by Clarissa Clare. The "City of Bones/ Ashes."

Well, anyways, if you need anything feel free to pm me!

LaReina!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

Books give a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything
— Plato