Hi I'm New

Random avatar

Reviews: 15
Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:52 am
Horserider says...

Hi I'm new.

Call me HR.
I'm 15 and I'll be 16 in July.
I've been writing ever since I can remember. I've started lots of novels, but I've only finished one.
I hope to be a published writer some day.
I love fantasy, but will read almost anything.
I love horses and I love writing and reading about them.
Most of what I write is fantasy or horse-related.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:57 am
Antigone Cadmus says...

Hey, HR!

Welcome to the insane asylum! Er, YWS.

A fantasy lover? You'll find lots of others like that here.

First, some basic rules:

-Chat speak is a big no-no. This is a writer's forum, we like to use proper grammar and spelling. That means no abbreviations such as "u" or "or".

-Keep cussing inside the literary forums. If your piece does cuss, be sure to rate it accordingly. If your piece drops an f-bomb, that would be R.

-Try to keep a 2:1 ratio for posting your work- that means you should have two reviews of others work before you post your own work.

Hope that helped.

Now, tell us more about yourself.

Any favorite authors/books?

-Sakura
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:01 am
Hannah says...

Hello, HR! ^_^ Welcome to YWS! You'll surely be in good company here~

Let me lay down a few little rules for you. These are the two most important ones!

1. No chatspeaking, please! ^_^ Some abbreviations are okay {especially those like MC - main character or POV - point of view}.
2. Please review two works from other members before posting works of your own! Then you should also try to keep that same ratio throughout the rest of your time here, always reviewing two works for every one you post from yourself.

Also, try not to post a bunch of work at the same time -- one or two pieces a day is usually recommended. Haha, trust me. I learned that the hard way! I'm actually relatively new here myself. ^_^

I've been writing ever since I can remember. I've started lots of novels, but I've only finished one.
I hope to be a published writer some day.
I love fantasy, but will read almost anything.
I love horses and I love writing and reading about them.
Most of what I write is fantasy or horse-related.

I see that you've finished a whole novel?! Congratulations! What is it about? Horses or fantasy? Or perhaps both?! Also, have you tried publishing it yet? I wish you good luck with that endeavor! ^_^

I love horses as well. Here, at my mom's house, we have four horses, two of which are appaloosas. ^_^ What kind of horse is your favorite? My favorite color for a horse is Palomino~ ^_^

I'm Hannah, by the way! ^_^ I hope to see you around the site~

Edit; Haha! Oops! Sakura beat me to the punch! Well... xD !!

Random avatar

Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:04 am
Horserider says...

Ok Haruno and Hannah. Hi it's nice to meet you. :D I don't use chatspeak. I used to and then I found that I'd started writing in chatspeak and that was not a good idea.

Favorite authors and books...

Pretty much the usual ones. Twilight, Harry Potter, the Inheritance Cycle. I also love Tamora Pierce, Erin Hunter and Anne McCaffrey.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:07 am
Nutty says...

Welcome, Horse rider! I do not have time for the full tour right now, but if you wish it, I will show you around another time. ^_^

The name's Nutty, for obvious reasons.
You've finished a novel? Well done! More then what I can say. I must keep working on my numerous ideas....
If you have any trouble around the site, you should consider investing on your very own buddy. The mentoring system is being revived, and you can request to have an older member take you under their wing, read your work, help you with your writing, and generally watch out for you. (a list of available ones are here: topic20053.html or I can help you myself, but I don't have a profile up in that thread as of yet)

Anyway, Welcome to YWS! I always wanted a horse when I was younger, but we didn't have the money. :(
I had a soft spot for piebalds.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I'll be glad to help.

And I love Anne McCaffrey! Superb taste! ^_^
-Nutty
Last edited by Nutty on Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

Random avatar

Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:07 am
Horserider says...

I see that you've finished a whole novel?! Congratulations! What is it about? Horses or fantasy? Or perhaps both?! Also, have you tried publishing it yet? I wish you good luck with that endeavor! ^_^

I love horses as well. Here, at my mom's house, we have four horses, two of which are appaloosas. ^_^ What kind of horse is your favorite? My favorite color for a horse is Palomino~ ^_^

Thanks my novel is fantasy, but there are horses involved, they don't play a very big part though. My current WIP, Black Diamond, is all about horses. I have not submitted my novel yet. It's only on it's second edit and it still needs some work.

I don't have any horses right now, but I love Friesians. They're my favorite, but I love all kinds of horses including paints, quarters horses and morgans. I used to have a Quarter Horse mare and I hope to get another horse someday soon.

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:11 am
Hannah says...

Thanks my novel is fantasy, but there are horses involved, they don't play a very big part though. My current WIP, Black Diamond, is all about horses.

I don't have any horses right now, but I love Friesians. They're my favorite, but I love all kinds of horses including paints, quarters horses and morgans. I used to have a Quarter Horse mare and I hope to get another horse someday soon.

^_^ Oooh, I'd love very much to read a well-written novel about horses. I'm afraid, at this point, some of the terminology might fly over my head, but I think I'd still have fun! ^_^

Aww, I hope that you'll get to have another horse again soon too! ^_^ My mommah lives on a farm right now, so we have a LOT of room for our babies. ^_^ My horse is named Echo and she's chestnut. I don't really know what breed she is though. >_> Haha, see, I don't really know that much about horses -- I just love them! ^_^

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:14 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Hey there, Horserider, and welcome! :) PM me if you are ever in need of a guided tour (I'm not as crazy as Nutty :P) or a fresh pair of eyes for your masterpieces. :D

~Sunny
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:59 pm
*DaughteroftheMoon* says...

I love horses! Wow, already have finished a novel. *mutters* lucky. I have been trying to finish one, but have contracted a deadly disease, WB aka Writers Block. So a few rules: Read all directions, thats it, do that and you'll be fine. :) Al the other rules have already been covered. So, if you need any help, let me know, I'll be happy to show you around.
~Alyss
Amor Vincit Omnia

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:26 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome to YWS!

Christopher Paolini and Tamora Pierce? I love you. Those have got to be my favourite authors. You'll find plenty of company for the others too. ^_^

Ohh, I like horses myself. But I'm not far enough out in the country to own one. I guess that's okay though. I don't know how much I'd want one.

I also do tours! If you need anything, ask!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:08 am
Night Mistress says...

Hey.

You like Twilight? I like it too. I also like the other books you have listed.

Fantasy writer? I am one of those too, through I haven't gotten anywhere on my story.

Well, pm me if you need anything.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

A good artist should be isolated. If he isn't isolated, something is wrong.
— Orson Welles