z

Young Writers Society

Hello All

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:23 pm
Aoaystheory says...

Hello, my name is Caleb, and I'm new to the sight.
A little bit about myself-
-I'm writing a novel, I just started it
-I love writing lyrics, for I have been in two bands
-I love all kinds of music, from Heavy Metal all the way to classical
-I'm a Junior in high school
-I've wanted to be a writer since 4th grade
-My favorite book is The Catcher in the Rye
-I'm very open minded

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:11 am
*DaughteroftheMoon* says...

Welcome to the family of YWS!

Haha, I'm also a junior that writes lyrics, although I havent been in a band. :) And working on a novel! I can't wait to see it is about. So let me get you a few rules to start on:

Keep a 2:1 ration on your posts. That means two reviews for each post you make to your stories.

Also, no caps, and use no chat talk. (Some have been known to bite after seeing chat talk) :) Some abbriviations are okay, but don't overdo it.

Post with good grammar, the people that review your work don't want to have to decipher what is being said.

For your other rules, check it out in the index.

So if you have any questions or want a review, feel free to send me a Private Message aka PM. I would love to help. See you around the forums.
~Alyss
Amor Vincit Omnia

Random avatar

Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:16 am
Aoaystheory says...

Thank you for the rules and your support!

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:17 am
Jiggity says...

and I'm new to the sight.

You're psychic? :shock:

Or the Jesus Bunny miraculously healed your once blinded orbs with its magical fluffy bunny tail. Either way, that's pretty cool dude. All the important shindizzle has been dealt with, so, welcome, come on in, please - yes, I'll take your jacket, no don't take off your shoes! Gosh, like we want your feet on our plush carpet - and yeah, just chill.

Seriously.

Disclaimer: I was not on crack when I wrote this. I inhaled a fairy.

That is all.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

Random avatar

Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:19 am
Aoaystheory says...

Thank you very much Jiggity :D

P.S.- I didn't know inhaling fairys was equal to crack
But now that I know I'll look for one to inhale XD

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:36 am
Nutty says...

Woo! Open-mindedness!
Hey Aoastheory. Wow, awesome name. Can't pronounce it, though.

Anyway, I'm Nutty. *bows* Nice to meet you.

Let me show you around:

We are currently in the Welcome forum. Here, as you know, is where the new members introduce themselves, and the older members say Hi. It is the Domain of the Greeters, or our boys and girls in blue, who are here to make you and other new members as comfortable as possible.

In the Community section, we have the:

Information desk: Here is where the powers that be give announcements and keep us up to date with what's happening. Keep an eye on things posted here, most of it will be of importance.

Next we have About the Authors. this is where we all talk about our favourite subject: ourselves. Come and tell us a little about yourself, or take a look at what we have to say.

Like to review? Read a book you just love/hate? Want to share your opinion? Book reviews is where you go.

Do you want to pit your skills against others? In a competitive mood? Check out our Contests
forum.

Now, in the gathering of information, if you want help with your schoolwork, there is a homework help forum. Alternatively, there is a research forum, for help for finding information for your writing.

Have an activity? Or just bored? Check out the writing activity forum. Have a go at what others have suggested, or add your own activity.

Writer's corner is where you tell us about your highs and lows of writing and publishing. Share your story.

Writing Tips is where you can put your tips on writing. Fairly self explanatory, no?

Kick back and relax in the Lounge. Chill out and talk about things non-writing.

The lounge's subforum Will Review for Food is effectively YWS's bartering service. Come here to purchase (in points or critiques) or even pick up for free a guaranteed critique from a member who has an active thread.

Randomness is where YWS goes Nuts. Nutty even. :wink: have something irrelevant to say? Maybe even plain stupid, but can't help yourself? Post it here.

In the Literary section is where you post your stories and art, lyrics and poems. Here they will be read and reviewed. There are many forums, so place your work where you deem it best fitting.

Also in this section you will find Storybooks, where one member will start a story, give some rules, and allow others to write the story. Check out the forum for more details.

And to introduce the staff:

Light blue: Greeters. Here to make new members as welcome as possible. Feel free to ask them if you have any problems getting around the site.
Purple: (like me!) Instructors. We are here to help you improve your writing. PM any instructor if you have any questions on writing or need help with a story, we'll be glad to help.
Light green: Jr Moderators. Our supervisors, making sure everything is in order. They are also here to help out other members, so if you have any problems, feel free to ask a jr Mod.
Dark green: Moderator. The keepers of peace, wielders of justice, etc. They are here to help, protect, and generally make sure peace is kept. Collectively known as 'big brother', they have a big say on what happens on the site. Feel free to contact them if you have a more serious problem, they are all quite nice.
Red: Admin. The lords and masters of the site- they are the ones who run this place. Nate is the head of Admin and founder of YWS.
Orange: A retired moderator. A position of honour.

And that concludes our tour. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, I'll be glad to help. Make sure you have fun, and I hope to see you around!

*bows*

-Nutty

*Edit: I almost forgot! There is also a mentoring system, where you can request for a older member to take you under their wing, help you with their writing, and generally look out for you. If you are interested, check out this: topic20053.html
(I am also a trainee mentor, and can take a person- but my profiles not under the thread.)
Last edited by Nutty on Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:16 am
WaterVyper says...

Hi Aoaystheory! Gee, I hoped I spelled that right. Let me check first. Ah yes, that is right. Well, welcome to YWS! Nutty has already explained all there is to explain, so I'm out of a job. Hm... I got one question! What interests in movies do you have? I'm not big on movies, but I like the Indonesian ones. As for English movies, I'm waiting for Inkheart and Cirque du Freak.

Oh another question! Do you have any pets? I have a dog, and her name is Kimi. She's just so kawaii!

Well, that's all I can say for now. If you need anything, feel free to PM me. Reviews, questions, or if you just want to talk, click the PM me button there. I'll be available. So, see ya around!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

Random avatar

Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:45 am
Aoaystheory says...

Oh yeah forgot to mention to everyone curious about my name it mean Apocalypse Theory. It's my old drummer name from my first band :D. But anyways thank you everyone for support and help showing me around. I really appreciate it.
As for movies I have a few favorites.
A Clockwork Orange
Amadeus
Apocalypse Now
I Am Sam
Requiem For A Dream
Dr. Strangelove
And there are a few more

And as for pets I have Palmaranian If that's how you spell it ?:S
Her name is Ginger
Very manly I know ;)

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:45 am
WaterVyper says...

Wow. And Caleb is such a cool name. It isn't fair. Emily is just so... plain. No offense to any other Emilys out there, of course. So, what's your novel about? I'm working on a novella right now, and I'd have to say it's going pretty well. Just very, very complicated. Plot holes are everywhere I tell you! Everywhere!

So, I hope to see some of your songs around. My class has a band, but I'm not in it. Hah! I don't think we have a name. They just call themselves the Grade 8 Band. Very original, I know.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

Random avatar

Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:52 am
Aoaystheory says...

As for my book -
My novel starts out in an insane asylum where a mans last memories are of Jesus coming back for the end of the world. But when it was over ended up in an asylum. The whole novel is about him telling you the story of his life. Takes place in an EXSTREMELY normal american town. The 2 characters are the guy who is in the asylum and a homosexual kid that dosen't fit into normal society. Also most of the town goes to the church every sunday but there are a few people who refuse to go. One of them who dosen't go ends up killing himself because he dosen't fit in and the town puts to much pressure on him. When this happens its like the domino effect in the town for disaster. The main character is so upset about his lose that he forms 2 fictional charaters that represent his light and dark side. The book plays out as if it where the book of Revalations but in a small town with chaos and what comes along with the end of the world.
Thats a very brief summary and also I'm trying to exsplain it the best I can.
Yeah.... And also I think you will see some of my music around

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:11 am
Night Mistress says...

Hey.

You book sound interesting. I am guessing that it's action?

Anyway, I am one of greeters that Nutty mention.

since all of the my questions have been asked and answered, I can do no more.

PM me if you need anythng.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

You can cut all the flowers, but you cannot stop Spring from coming.
— Pablo Neruda