z

Young Writers Society

Greetings! XD

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:55 am
Princess says...

Hi and welcome to YWS!!!!!!!!

*Snugs* I like you already! You seem really sweet!

So, Kat you say? Does her username happen to be alwaysawriter? If not, then ignore that last sentence. :wink:

GiGi is an awesome name. *is jealous* Unfortunately, you and I aren't very alike. I am a poetry freak.. Hehe.. I do attempt at reviewing science fiction and realistic fiction sometimes. See my shiny purple name? That means you can ask me for help with any pieces of writing that you have. I shall be there for you!

-Prin
I came into this world wrinkled and ugly. And no matter how much I accumulate here, it's a short journey. I will go out of this world wrinkled and ugly. So I enjoy life.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:48 am
cheese9975 says...

Hey there, and welcome! I can see you're already getting along well with Rosey! You like realistic fiction? Me too! That's mostly what I read, occasionally I pick some Sci-Fi or Fantasy (Harry Potter is my addiction), but it's usually realistic fiction. One of my favorite realistic fiction authors is John Green, I suggest you check him out, he's really good and he has some great characters. Paper Towns is the best, though they're all pretty good.

If you need anything else, PM me! I'm always around!

Stay classy,
Shannon
"The manatee has become the mento." -Tracy Jordan

"Live every week like it's shark week." -Tracy Jordan
^30 Rock is love

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:59 am
ohemgigi says...

Princess wrote:Hi and welcome to YWS!!!!!!!!

*Snugs* I like you already! You seem really sweet!

So, Kat you say? Does her username happen to be alwaysawriter? If not, then ignore that last sentence. :wink:

GiGi is an awesome name. *is jealous* Unfortunately, you and I aren't very alike. I am a poetry freak.. Hehe.. I do attempt at reviewing science fiction and realistic fiction sometimes. See my shiny purple name? That means you can ask me for help with any pieces of writing that you have. I shall be there for you!

-Prin

Lol, thanks very much!!
Yes yes, that's her!!
I've got 2nd period (Health/PE) with her at school; she's an amazing person!!
=]

Lol, yeah, GiGi's my nickname, since apparently, it's hard for people to pronounce Giaunna. (gee-AH-nuh)

And, I actually LOVE poetry, I'd just much rather read it than write it. It puts me in some sort of... mood. Lol. =]

And I'd love to read some of your poetry sometime!!
And no problem that we're not much alike; I'm sure we'll get along great!!
=D

I'll be sure to ask you for help sometime!!
<33GiGi
I <3...
Disney. The Jonas Brothers. Zac Efron. Barack Obama. To Smile. To Laugh. Peace. Music. Life.

6 Reviews

Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:05 am
ohemgigi says...

salsashanno wrote:Hey there, and welcome! I can see you're already getting along well with Rosey! You like realistic fiction? Me too! That's mostly what I read, occasionally I pick some Sci-Fi or Fantasy (Harry Potter is my addiction), but it's usually realistic fiction. One of my favorite realistic fiction authors is John Green, I suggest you check him out, he's really good and he has some great characters. Paper Towns is the best, though they're all pretty good.

If you need anything else, PM me! I'm always around!

Stay classy,
Shannon

Lol, yeah, almost everyone here seems pretty cool!!
OMG, I looove Harry Potter too!
Lol.
Yeah, once upon a time, everyone I knew was addicted, but it kinda faded.
I still love it though. Although I've yet to finish book 7. Lol, I've been reading that book since, like, 3 days after it came out and I still haven't finished!! My sister's so ticked at me. She's got all the books. She's 13 and has been reading them since she was about 7 or 8. (She's an incredible reader.) She's finished all the books in under three days and she says I'll NEVER finish. Lol, I've just been so busy. It's on my summer reading list, though! XD

And, I'll be sure to check out this John Green fella!

(This site is great for ideas on stuff to read; everytime I go to the library with my mom, she gets PO'ed because I never know what to get. I'll be sure to check him out!)
I <3...
Disney. The Jonas Brothers. Zac Efron. Barack Obama. To Smile. To Laugh. Peace. Music. Life.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:41 pm
Rosendorn says...

Just one thing to point out, usually it's better to hit "reply" at either the top or bottom of a thread then hitting "quote" for every person you want to answer. If you want to direct it to people in perticular, a good way to do it is like so:

User X- Your comment

User Y- Your comment

ect.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:23 pm
Princess says...

Seriously? Kat is one of my good friends on the site, although I haven't seen her on lately! Tell her Emma said hi!

post494455.html#494455

I just wrote this last night. Don't worry, what I say in there is not true. I thought it would be fun :D

Remember to pm me when you write anything. I promise I shall review it. :D :D :D :D
I came into this world wrinkled and ugly. And no matter how much I accumulate here, it's a short journey. I will go out of this world wrinkled and ugly. So I enjoy life.

6 Reviews

Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:44 pm
ohemgigi says...

Rosey, thanks, that's way easier, lol!!

And Princess, I'll be sure to check it out when I get the chance!!

=]
I <3...

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:33 pm
thefireinmeisJC says...

Oh, you're welcome! *blushes*

yeah, I basically live at the library (I go at least once a week if not twice sometimes four times) and reading new authors work is fun. Right now, I'm checking out Scott Westerfield (Uglies series and the Midnighters series) he's cool.

So yeah, see you around!

- JC

AHHHH Shakespeare! lol I have to read the Cliff/spark notes for him...my fav is 12th night. Edgar Allen Poe rocks. I love the Bells (poem) and the Tell Tale Heart. :P
Give hugs not bombs or whatever that saying says

6 Reviews

Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:53 pm
ohemgigi says...

Lol;;

OMG, yeah, I love the Uglies series.
Next book I've gotta read is Specials!!
Lol.

OMG, I loved the TellTaleHeart && The Raven, I think it was called?
And I think there's one about a cat that I liked?

Lol.
I <3...

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:09 pm
thefireinmeisJC says...

yeah, the Uglies series is almost philosophical...

do you think it would work for me to skip the second book and go on to the third in the series? The second one (Pretties I think) seemed "boring" like she has a boyfriend or something (i'm not a romancy person lol)

anyway, yeah its called the Raven. Hmmmm...cats, you say? Doesn't ring a bell.... :?

- JC
Give hugs not bombs or whatever that saying says

6 Reviews

Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:26 am
ohemgigi says...

Yeah, I'd say Pretties was boring because I honestly can barely remember it!!
Lol.

I'm not sure if it was a poem, now that I think about it...
It could have been a movie INSPIRED by Edgar Allen Poe.

But, hey, not sure...

=\
I <3...

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:40 am
Nutty says...

Hey! Welcome to YWS! The name's Nutty.
I've read the pretties series, and specials, and extras.
I loved them. Some of them are a little dry at points, and I really didn't like the lingo- all that 'bubbly-making' and 'Tally-wah' stuff. It annoyed me. But I still enjoyed them. ^_^
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

6 Reviews

Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:16 am
ohemgigi says...

Hey Nutty!!
=]

Yeah, the 'lingo' was a bit odd.

Lol.

Took me forever to understand what they were talking about!!

XD
I <3...

Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.
— Neil Gaiman