z

Young Writers Society

Hi im new here

Reviews: 0
Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:04 pm
pink_09 says...

hey im new here so im trying to get the hang of it do we put out writings on here and somebody critque them

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:13 pm
sofi says...

Hi pink :D

Welcome to YWS! Yes that's generally what the idea is BUT you have to remember the golden rule :D For every piece of writing you post you should review two other people's work and keep it at, at least, a 2:1 ratio.

There's tonnes of other stuff on here, though, as well. You can join groups to do with your interests, pretty much anything! So have a look around and see what interests you.

So what kinds of things do you like to write? Any other interests? Favourite books, films, music?

PM me if you have any questions about how to do anything, or just for anything at all. We are all here to help :D

See you around!

Sofi.
'Don't you just love these long rainy afternoons in New Orleans when an hour isn't just an hour but a little bit of Eternity dropped into your hands- and who knows what to do with it?'
T.W.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:15 pm
Antigone Cadmus says...

Hey, Pink!

It's nice to meet you.

Is there another name you'd like to be called or is Pink fine?

Let me give you a rundown of the site:

YWS is a place where you can post your writings and meet other kids who write as well. You can post your work in the literary forums. Other users review it. You can review others work, too.

Some basic rules

-No chat speak. This is a writing site; abbreviations such as "u" "r" and poor capitalization are frowned upon. You can get away with "lol." ^_^

-Keep cussing inside the literary forums. If you do cuss in a piece you post, rate it accordingly. If your character drops an f-bomb, that should be rated R.

-There is a 2:1 ration for posting your work: You should have two reviews of others work before you post your own work.

-You may be wondering why some users have colored names.
-Blue users: They are the greeters. It's their job to greet new members and be friendly.
-Purple: That's me! We're the instructors. It's are job to give good critiques of people's work and give writing tips. Basically, we go above and beyond to help you improve your writing skills. If you ever need a review, ask one of us.
-Light Green: Junior mods
-Dark Green: mods

Does this help?

Nice to meet you,
Sakura
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:18 pm
Meep(: says...

Hey there!
Welcome to the wild and whacky YWS family!
I'm Meep, a Bluey/Greeter, like sofi.

So she's enlightened you about the 2:1 rule.
There's another rule too!
Chatspeak adn CAPS lock should be kept to a minimal.
Also, we weould encourage people to use proper english here on YWS,
So we properly capitalise, punctuate, spell, grammatise (is this even a word, haha) and phrase our words.

Like sofi also mentioned, tell us more about yourself!
Oh, and feel free to PM me whenever you want :D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:39 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome to YWS!

I love your username! As you can tell, I like pink. A lot. :lol:

Don't be afraid to ask anybody for a review! Everybody is supposed to do them. Check out Will Review For Food for people who love to review. Be sure to answer on a thread though. If you just post something to say "please review this!" then the likelyhood you'll get anything is pretty slim.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:28 pm
cheese9975 says...

Hey, Pink, nice to meet you! You'll probably find plenty of people to review your work for you. As Rosey said, the "Will Review for Food" thread is a good way to get there, but you can also just ask your friends or a few people you get to know and they'll probably do it. If you need anything, PM me, I'm always around!

xoxo,
Shannon
"The manatee has become the mento." -Tracy Jordan

"Live every week like it's shark week." -Tracy Jordan
^30 Rock is love

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:44 pm
Incognito says...

Welcome to YWS!
I hope you do enjoy it here. It seems people have given you the basic rules and so forth so why don't you tell us a bit more about yourself?
I have some questions to ask! -grins evilly- Interrogation time!
1)What genres do you write?
2)Who is your favourite author?
3)Who is your favoruite movie villain?
4)Are you writing a Novel? If so, what is it about?
5)Do you like cheese?
If you need any more help then is what given to you by other people, I am willing to help so feel free to ask in a PM or some where in the forums where I inhabit. If you need friendship, and guidance, I am here!
Sincerily,
~Incognito Temptation
P.S. Batman is mean!
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:16 pm
Merry_Haven says...

*pink_09~

Hello, there. I see you have been welcomed warmly. I hope you have loads of fun here!!

For your question, that's a yes. You can always post your works, with following the rules, of course. And someone would definitely review and critique back.

So tell us a little about yourself. Everyone already asked the questions, and I seemed to not think of anything good to ask.

Anywho, if you ever need anything, feel free to give me a PM. See you around!

*Merry

P.S. Thanks for the kind review!
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:28 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey Pink,

Welcome to YWS.

So I am guessing you like Digimon? I love Digimon, but I like the Tamer Series the best.

I agree with everyone us. Tell us about yourself.

Pm me if you need anything, including friendship.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

I always knew that deep down in every human heart, there is mercy and generosity. No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
— Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom