z

Young Writers Society

hi

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:34 pm
madel says...

hi there i,m madel 17 years old. and i,m a new member here....

i love writing stories and poems especially those times

when i,m experiencing a severe feeling of something..

i have only 1 post at this time but i,m sure that i can

post something again..by the way i still don't know

how things work here and i,m trying hard to familiarize them....

i hope to have friends here who can and will help me improve

my way of writing......

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:55 pm
Juniper says...

Hey there Madel! So wonderful to meet you!

I'm June =) Welcome to the wonderous lands of YWS! You are definitely more than welcome here.

Let me just brief you on some important things:

We have a 2:1 policy; that means, before you post one thing of yours, you should have reviewed two things by someone else.

No Chatspeak: We don't like people who say "r" instead of "are", "u" instead of "you" and so on. We're writers, it's better to write stuff out.

Be respectful! We don't tolerate rudeness :), so please, be polite.

So! What type of writing do you do? Like, what genre? Who's your favorite author?

There are plenty of people around here that will be more than glad to help you improve your writing, including myself. I'm an instructor on here (Instructors have purple names; greeters have light blue names, Moderators have green names, and the Admin have red names. All of them must be respected especially the red and green named people) so, it's my job to give special help to people on their writing :D. I would definitely love to give you a hand.

So! Welcome to YWS! I hope to see some of your work around here soon! :D Feel free to PM me if you need anything. Also! This link will help you find your way around:

viewarticlebody.php?t=36288

June
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:15 pm
Stori says...

There's no worry; we don't bite... hard. :)

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:44 pm
Incognito says...

Welcome to YWS.
It seems someone already wrote the two main rules and so forth so, lets get to know a bit more about you.
1)What is you favourite genre?
2)Who is your favourite author?
3)What is your favourite book?
4)If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be?
5)What is your favourite colour?
Well, that should get us started.
Also if you need any help, feel free to PM me and I'd be glad to help you.
I am also willing to be your friend if you wish.
Sincerily,
~Incognito Temptation
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:46 pm
Rosendorn says...

Oh, and to clear up Stori's comment, people usually only bite on the Lit boards, debate or if they don't like a book. But even then, it's not hard.

Hiya and welcome to YWS!

Darn, June beat me to the rules and colours!

If you have any questions, click the little "PM me!" button at the bottom of my post. I'm one of the blues June mentioned, and it's my job to answer navigation questions.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:30 pm
cheese9975 says...

Welcome! It's pretty easy to navigate yourself around the site once you spend a little time here. As long as you know the forums are for stuff like this, chit chat, advice, you know, and then the "read and review" is the literary forums, for posting your work, you're off to a great start. Just stick to the rules and you'll fit right in!

If you need anything, don't hesitate to PM me!

Stay classy,
Shannon
"The manatee has become the mento." -Tracy Jordan

"Live every week like it's shark week." -Tracy Jordan
^30 Rock is love

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:10 pm
Merry_Haven says...

*madel~

Hello, there. I see you have been welcomed warmly. Cool. Cool.

You know, I'd be happy to check out your stories. What do you like to write? Oh, and I can't review poetry, because I can't even write any. :roll: I'm really bad at it.

And, I would love to be your friend. Hope you have loads of fun here!

*Merry

P.S. PM me if you need anything!
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:32 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey madel.

Welcome to YWS.

If you need anything review, just pm me. Except Poetry.

Well, if you need anything, pm me.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:14 am
madel says...

Incognito Temptation wrote:Welcome to YWS.
It seems someone already wrote the two main rules and so forth so, lets get to know a bit more about you.
1)What is you favourite genre?
2)Who is your favourite author?
3)What is your favourite book?
4)If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be?
5)What is your favourite colour?
Well, that should get us started.
Also if you need any help, feel free to PM me and I'd be glad to help you.
I am also willing to be your friend if you wish.
Sincerily,
~Incognito Temptation

1.poetry
2.as of now...none, but i like the way barbara hathaway wrote her story in titled "desperate measure"
3.i love reading story books and sometimes it depends on my mood
4.in a place where i can be alone and away from some imbecile people
5.sky blue

:D
Last edited by madel on Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:50 am
Nutty says...

Hey Madel! As no-one has done it yet, I shall give you the tour! ^_^

Hello, my name is Nutty and I shall be your tour guide today. *bows*

We are currently in the Welcome forum. Here you will find lots of helpful people, including the greeters, in the blue. They are here to answer questions and generally make your stay more comfortable. Don't be afraid to approach them. They will be happy to help ^_^

If you will follow me through the community section...
Here we have the information desk. Here the powers that be post news, announcements, rules and regulations. Keep an eye out, to keep up with what's new.

Next we have About the Authors. Here we all talk about our favorite subject- ourselves! Come here to learn about your fellow YWS-ers and share with us a little of your life.

Read a good book? Or a terrible one? Rant about it here in book reviews, and see what others think too.

In a competitive mood? Test your skills against the rest in Contests. Be sure to read the rules and guidelines and see how you mark up.

Have a final coming up? Struggling with those calculus questions, or history in Britain? Drop into homework help, and see if we can help you out.

Same goes with research. Get a helping hand from others on that bit of information you just can't find.

Writer's corner is where you tell us about your struggles and successes with writing, publishing and novels. Share your lowest moments and highest, post your progress and have a rant when it all goes to custard.

Share your tips at Writing tips[, and have fun and games in Writing games.

The lounge is where we all kick back and relax, and discuss things other then writing. Grab your fuzzy slippers, a cup of hot chocolate, and chill out.

The lounge sub-forum, Will review for Food, is the market of YWS. Here you will barter for guaranteed critiques, and often can pick up freebies!

Randomness is where writers go Wild. Got something irrelevant to share? Blurt it all out here, and feel safe in the knowledge it is in its proper place, among other random ramblings.

And if you will follow me into the next room, we find the Literary section. This is where you post your work to be shared, read, critiqued and edited.

In this section you will also find Storybooks. This is where you or another member will start a story, and a group joins to write it. Often it is in RPG style. Check the forum for more details.

Now, to introduce the staff:
Light blue: Greeters. As above.
Purple: (like me!) Instructors. We are here to help you improve your writing, and to help with anything literary-related. Do not hesitate to PM any of us- we will be glad to help.
Light green: Jr Moderators. Our supervisors, they patrol a forum each. Here for our safety and comfort- ask them if you need any help that the greeters or instructors can't handle. They are all nice and helpful- so don't worry about talking to them ^_^
Dark Green- Moderators. The keepers of the peace, bringers of justice, and so on. They make up a collective called 'big brother', who have a large say on the site. They also handle applications and keeping everyone safe. Ask them if you have a problem of more serious nature- they will be able to help you.
Red- Admin. The lords and masters of this site, with Nate as 'god', as you will.

So concludes our tour, I hope you have a nice time, and stay with us a long while. Please PM me if you have any questions, I'll be glad to help.

-Nutty
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

We are all broken. That's how the light gets in.
— Ernest Hemingway