26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:49 pm
DustyFreeman says...

Hi!

I'm Dustin, call me what you wish.

I am fifteen, I love sports and poetry.
I enjoy writing, and talking, so go ahead and message me! :D

I have a girlfriend, fiancee if you will.
This does not concern anything, but I look forward to talking to everyone, and grading/receiving some criticism.

Thank you!
Dustin Freeman.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:57 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Two rules you should know:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. It helps make sure everybody gets a review. Plus, people are much more willing to look at your stuff if you've looked at theirs. :wink: It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio.
2- Minimize chat-speak. Some abbreviations and alliteration is okay, just don't overdo it.

So, the questions I have are:

What are your favourite books?
Who are your favourite authors/poets?
Do you write prose? If so, what genre?

Just answering the authors question answers just about all of them. Anything by Christopher Paolini, Tamora Pierce or Zoe Merriott. I'll read historical fiction though, but mostly I'm a fantasy girl.

Poetry is something I dabble in. You might see me around the poetry forum, either posting or critiquing. If I see some of your stuff, I will look at it! Mostly, I write fantasy.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:36 pm
View Likes
Merry_Haven says...

*Dustin~

Hello. How are you? I'm sure you'll have tons of replies to this thread of yours! :D Be happy!! And I hope you'll have loads of fun here.

So what sports do you play? Or are you an all-around type of guy? If I choose to play sports, then it would mostly be baseball. Gotta love it!

Wow, poetry, huh? Do you love how those poetic words flow from your mind to the paper? I don't write poetry, but I admire those who do. I write mostly historical fiction. It's just my fav. I just love studying about different eras in time.

Well, I was great to know a little about you Dustin. You know, when I saw your last name, I was all like, "No way! It can be the freeman's son." I have a friend who has a sister and a brother and their last name is Freeman. Weird, huh?

See you around!

*Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:37 pm
LilyJamey says...

Rosey beat me to it!

Hi, Dustin. I'm Lily, as my name indicates. Welcome to the wacky ol' family!

Oo. Poetry, huh? I suck at critiquing it. If you write any prose, I'd be more than happy to review!

So what genre do you read? I find that most people on the site like Tamora Pierce. Gotta read her books someday. You'll find loads of groups under the Groups button up at the header. Many people who share you interest are hidden there.

Any other hobbies besides writing? Football (or soccer, if you come from US) perhaps? Or cricket? Unless of course, you aren't athletic.

If you have anything to say, PM me! I'm (almost) always free.

Cheers,
Lily.
Got YWS?

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:37 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey Dustin,

Welcome to YWS.

you are engaged and you are 15!

Anyway, What genre to you plan on writing?

And what is your favorite sport? Mine is Swimming.

Well, if you ever need someone to look at your work, feel free to pm me.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:42 pm
cheese9975 says...

Welcome, Dustin! I'm sure you'll fit in well here. Just keep to the rules as Rosey said and you'll be golden!

I'm fifteen too :). I'm sure some of the guys will be excited to have you on board, there's a lot of girls around, haha. Post your poetry! We'd all be happy to read and review it! I always tell people how many great poets we have here, myself not included, I'm sure you'll find plenty of poet-ey things to talk about with them.

If you need any help with anything, just let me know, I'm always around!

Stay classy,
Shannon
"The manatee has become the mento." -Tracy Jordan

"Live every week like it's shark week." -Tracy Jordan
^30 Rock is love

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:47 pm
Flux says...

Welcome Dustin! Nice display picture, by the way.

Anyways, this is the wacky world of YWS that you have just joined, so hold on and hold tight. Seeing as all of us are amazing writers in every way possible, you'll fit right in. We love talking, too! So, tell as about yourself. What are more of your "favourites"?

Favourite food/ drink/ book/ author/ TV show/ movie/ writing genre/ etc,. I'm sure you'll have no problem finding a place here on YWS. Remember the two to one ratio rule, that has already been mentioned, and remember to minimize chat speak. I'll nail those into your head, so don't forget. Browse the rules for more information. Join a group, etc.

Peace!

LaReina!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:13 pm
WaterVyper says...

Merry_Haven wrote:*Dustin~

I have a friend who has a sister and a brother and their last name is Freeman. Weird, huh?

Well, I got a friend whose name is Dustin. Hah. Anyway, great to meet you and welcome to YWS! The community here is awesome, so don't hesitate to ask people- myself included- any questions that you need answered. Everyone already beat me to whatever I wanted to say. *sniffle* Anywho, feel free to PM me if you need a review, have a question, or just want to talk. I'll be available. See ya around the Poetry forums!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

One fish, two fish, red fish, aardvark.
— alliyah