z

Young Writers Society

New Here...How do you make a signature?????

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:22 am
franz6767 says...

Hi, name's Frank. I joined the site b/c a boy named Victer had put a link to a blog that I help write for, and he was somehow (I've got no idea, b/c when I clicked on the link it was fine) freezing the site whenever he clicked on the link, and he's done it on other sites forums too. He's been harassing and stocking the site for a while now, pretty annoying...yeah the kids got issues. We even put a little Olympic inspired short story he wrote on the site in August (it was pretty funny), but that was obviously a mistake! Anyways, that's been taken care of, and I've been looking around since I joined and I rather like the site, and am gonna stick around. Maybe I'll submit a couple of my average poems, and I've enjoyed the stuff I've read, seen so far.

P.S. How do you make a signature, or really, what is a signature?

1333 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1333
Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:54 am
Hannah says...

First of all, welcome to the site, Frank! ^_^ My name's Hannah. ^_^

Sorry to hear about that ordeal with your other site, but I'm sure you'll find a comfortable home here at YWS. ^_^ There are two rules that I've heard you should know right off the bat!

1. Please refrain from using chat speak! Some abbreviations are okay, though. ^_^
2. There is also a rule that you should review two works from other members before submitting your own. You should try to keep this 2:1 ratio the whole time you are here -- review two works for every work of your own submitted.

A signature is just a little piece that will go under every one of your posts automatically. You can put links/quotes/information in them, and the way you do that is:

Go up to the top of the page where it says My YWS, then select My Personal Info. There should be the box to enter your signature in there.

What genres do you write? Favorite books? Let me know if you need any more help around the site. ^_^

-Hannah-

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:41 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Welcome to YWS Frank. I'm Zehra.

I'm glad you decided to stick around. Oh do post up your stuff. Send me a PM when you do if you want me to have a look at it. Make sure you review two pieces of work before posting your. But I'm sure you already knew that.

Anyways, tell us more about yourself. What kind of things are you into? We know quite a bit about Victer thanks to you, but not much about Frank. ^_~

See you around the forums!
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:31 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hello Frank! My name's Emily but you can go ahead and call me whatever you want. I won't really care. As long as there aren't any swear words in there. Anywho, great to meet you and welcome to YWS! The rules have already been explained, so I'm not really sure what else to do. Hm, I guess it's [s]interrogation[/s] question time! Yeah... you did not see that last part. Or else.

So, what other interests do you have? There's pretty much a user group for every hobby imaginable, so click on the big 'Groups' button up there. You'll find one you like eventually. Hm, that's it. See ya around!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:11 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey Frank.

Welcome to YWS.

I'm Bri or Night Mistress or NM or whatever you decide to call me.

So tell us about yourself. what are your favorite books/authors/movies/music?

Just remember the rules.

Well, if you need anything, please pm me.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:18 pm
Rosendorn says...

Late. Again.

Hiya and welcome!

Some quick notes on signatures-

It must be under 250 characters
No picture signatures allowed.

There is no such thing as average! Especially for poetry. I've gotten reviews spanning from "I don't get it. This wasn't good." to "Amazing job! Keep it up!" for the same poem. It's all subjective.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:15 pm
cheese9975 says...

Hey hey hello there! My name's Shannon. Sorry I'm a little late posting here...

Anywhoot, go ahead and post your poems (be sure to do some reviewing first, though ;)) and maybe some of us can help you boost them up from "average" to "phantasmagorical" cool word, huh? But, we've got some really fantastic poets on here, myself not included, I'm dreadful, and I'm sure they'd be glad to help. As I'm sure you've already discovered, everyone is super friendly and willing to help! If you need anything else PM me! I am always glad to be of service.

Stay classy,
Shannon
"The manatee has become the mento." -Tracy Jordan

"Live every week like it's shark week." -Tracy Jordan
^30 Rock is love

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:22 pm
franz6767 says...

Hey, everyone thanks for the friendly responses and information. Little bit about myself, I get paid writing several irrelevant pieces for blogs (some would say that's just writing for a blog :), and I'm really into Dickinson, William Blake and The Beats as far poetry is concerned. Fiction I'm into all and everything, if I get recommended a book from even a so-so trustworthy opinion (to me of course) I'll read it. Favorites include Philip K. Dick, Hemingway, Plato's Dialogues, Vonnegut, to Toni Morrison. I'm also into philosophy, especially the works of Heidegger. What about you guys? What're you into? Or should I post that question on another post?

*Thanks again for the signature information, I got it "the how," but am still to insecure to make one :)

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:53 pm
Angel of Death says...

Hey there Frank!

Well, it's good to know that you'll stick around and that you're enjoying the unique craziness of YWS. But believe me when I say everyone is really nice on here (I'd know because I've been here for almost two years now)

I've read A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway and it was really good. I like his style. His sentences are very short but he pulls everything off.

To answer your question, I like Jane Austen and F. Scott Fitzgerald. I like to read a lot of historical romances and just anything with a lot of figurative language.

Welcome to YWS,

~Angel
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

"It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be."
— Albus Dumbledore