z

Young Writers Society

Hey! I'm new :)

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:52 am
OfferingUpMyOwnConfusion says...

I'm not really the best writer and everything I write is straight from my wavering heart, which in any case, means you most likely won't understand a word I'm saying. My mind plays hopscotch between thoughts and ideas and I can probably convince anyone I'm insane in less than a minute. Sometimes I wonder if I see the same things through my eyes that the rest of the world sees through theirs. I live in my own world. Generated by my inability to live in reality. Contradict me, teach me, guide me. That's all i ask. I truly have nothing to offer except my own confusion, so if you are looking for answers, I'll give you a thousand you were never looking for in the first place.

Forever stumbling, forever wondering, forever young.

- OfferingUpMyOwnConfusion

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:09 am
Hannah says...

^_^ Beautiful words, love! Let me be the first to welcome you to the site! ^_^ Here we have two rules!

1. Please try not to use chats peak. Some abbreviations are okay. ^_^ Eurm, someone will come along to help with this rule because I don't know all the parts of it.
The rule I do know is:
2. You should review two pieces here before posting one of your own and then try to keep the ratio 2;1 for the rest of your time here. ^_^

Anyways, tell us a bit more about yourself. What genre do you prefer to write in? Favorite book? Current struggle? ^_^

I'm Hannah, by the way!

-huggles-

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:32 am
Merry_Haven says...

*OfferingUpMyOwnConfusion~

Hello, there. How are you doing? I like to say, welcome to the crazies and normal site for young writers. I hope you have a wonderful time here!

Hannah went over the rules, so that's great. (love ya, Hannah!!) Do you have any other questions concerning the site?

Any who, tell us a little about yourself. Music favs? Movie/tv favs? Current novel you're writing and reading? Etc...

Well, if you have any questions or if you would just love to chat, feel free to do so. See you around!

*Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

Random avatar

Reviews: 26
Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:48 am
pandapez says...

Hi Confusion! I really adored what you wrote. It was very well written for some who doesn't think they write well :3

Basically, I'm here to say pretty much the same thing as the other two. Welcome to the YWS! I haven't been here that long, but for me it's turned out to be a really fun place to work on your writing and such with other people. People are mostly polite when the give you any criticisms so you don't have to worry about being reduced to tears that much, and there's a lot of different groups and forums that suit practically every personality. You're little world will fit in perfectly here :D

Anyway, I hope to hear more about you soon and I'm eager to see some of your work floating around on the forums. Let me know if you need anything :3

--PandaPez

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:53 am
EmmVeePi says...

Certainly Welcome. You sound odd, which is perfectly excellent, normal is quite boring.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:05 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hello Confusion! I love your name, and your post. Normalcy is boring, so don't worry about it. Insanity is much better. I convinced somebody that I was insane in about ten seconds. Though that was probably because I was ranting about my story and how it didn't fit together. That tends to happen a lot.

So, welcome to our humongous dysfunctional family! Minds playing hopscotch is especially fun. I can see that we'll get along just fine. I somtimes like to trip my own mind so it falls flat on its face. Well, if it had a face, I imagine it would trip. *sigh* Everyone covered what I was going to say. What can I do... Maybe explain the colors? That'd make me feel useful, but if you don't want to read it, or if you already know it, you can skip that part. Oh yes, have you heard about user groups? They're what pandapex mentioned a while earlier. Just click on the big 'Groups' button up there. You'll find one to suit your tastes in time.

Blue: Greeters. They're job is to make you feel welcome and to answer any preliminary questions you have.

Purple: Instructors. If you ever need an in-depth critique, go ahead and ask them. They'll review pretty much anything you need. Most of them have a thread up and running in the 'Will Review for Food' forum, which is under 'The Lounge'. Go ahead and stop by if you need a review.

Light Green: Junior Moderators.

Dark Green: Moderators.

Red: Administrators. They keep the site up and running.

Orange: Distinguished members of the site.

Hm, that's it for colors. Well, feel free to PM me if you need a review, have a question, or just want to talk. I'll be available. See ya around soon!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:14 pm
Rosendorn says...

Wow. I am reeally late.

Hiya and welcome! Everybody has covered what I want to say, even the groups and colours!

Heh, most people think I'm strange to say the least. Check out a thread called, "You know you're a writer when" in Writing Activities to see what I mean.

I absolutely love what you wrote!

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:16 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey Confusion.

Welcome to YWS.

I'm Night Mistress, one of the blue people watervyper was talking about.

So telll us about yourself? What are your favorite books/authors/movies/music?

Just follow rules.

See ya around.

P.S. : Pm me if you need anything.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

"My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together."
— Bishop Desmond Tutu