z

Young Writers Society

Hiiiiiiii. =]

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:00 pm
SheepMonoxide says...

Helloo ! xD I'm new... this site looks nice. :shock:
I'm called Rach, and I'm not that good at introducing myself, so bear with me please. So, my passions are reading and writing.. As I'm guessing everyone does on here... I mean, if I couldn't read I might as well die. x_o At the moment I'm TRYING to get my hands on The Singing, Alison Croggon. GREATEST BOOKS EVER. The Pellinor Books, if you haven't read them, do so now. O:
I mostly enjoy fantasies like Lord of the Rings, but I do read others. Well to be honest I'll read any book that I find, even if it's 10 pages long and about bugs. ¬_¬

Aswell as reading and writing I like art. My favorite artist has to be Andy Goldsworthy, he's inspired by nature and all of his art is made from nature. But this site isn't about artists so I'll shutup. XD
Well, I guess that's it...?
So..
HI ! :P
“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” - William Wordsworth

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."
- William Shakespeare

I do believe in fairies... I do! I do!!

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:03 pm
Hotaru-Kun says...

Ha, you joined! It's Amy. 8) Writers are artists too. :P Are you at home or schoool? :O
Sometimes you have to look beyond what you see, if that fails... Just listen to Cher.

20 Reviews

Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:10 pm
SheepMonoxide says...

Hi Amy ! XD Oh, I'm at home. I'm still dying. X_X

- William Shakespeare

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:24 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

So, we have two main rules on this site. They are:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. That way everybody gets a review. Plus, people are a lot more willing to look at your stuff if you've looked at theirs. :wink: It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio
2- Minimize chat-speak. Some abbreviations and alliteration are okay, just don't overdo it.

You will find plenty of company on the reading fronts, fantasy fronts and the artist fronts. We even have an Art and Photography board where you can post, well, art and photography. I'd love to see some of you stuff!

Most people here are fantasy buffs. It doesn't really matter what books you like or dislike, you'll find company. And if you have a question, it will get answered quickly!

SheepMonoxide. Interesting. May I ask if you are a chemestry buff? I'm taking that in school right now.

What genres do you prefer to write in? I'm a fantasy writer, but I'll read historical fiction too. And art. I love art.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

20 Reviews

Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:32 pm
SheepMonoxide says...

Hi RoseyUnicorn XD and thanks.

Ok, I'll keep to those rules. XD
I'll have to take some pictures of my art first, but the art and photography board sounds good. Cool.

Oh god no, I'm no good at chemistry. My friend made the username for me o_x

I like to write fantasy and romance. xD I love art too. ^^

- William Shakespeare

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:35 pm
Rosendorn says...

If there is one thing this site has a lot of (and it's got a lot of a lot of stuff. lol), it is fellow fantasy writers! I'm one myself. Romance writers can also be found in plenty here, so you'll have lots of company.

One question I did not ask was,

What's your favourite medium for art? Are you a sketcher or painter?

Personally I'm a painter. Or anything I can colour in basically. I'm starting to draw a bit more since I haven't before, but colour is really my thing.

But, lately I've just been writing. I have a hard time going in-depth in more then one medium at a time.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:47 pm
cheese9975 says...

Hey, Rach! Welcome! Fantasy, eh? Good stuff there, good stuff. If you like art keep in mind we have forums where you can post your pictures, drawings, paintings, etc. Put them up! I'd be interested to see them! I really like your avatar, by the way. I have a fantastic headache right now, and looking at it is making it significantly worse, but nevertheless I like it. It makes me happy. I'm kind of twisted and weird, I might as well just tell you that now. :)

If you need anything, a question answered, a review, just a chat, PM me! I'd be glad to help!

Stay classy,

Shannon
"The manatee has become the mento." -Tracy Jordan

"Live every week like it's shark week." -Tracy Jordan
^30 Rock is love

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:49 pm
Merry_Haven says...

*Rach~

Oh my goodness! I seriously can't get enough of your avi. I can watch it everyday. It's so hypnotizing.

Anyway, I see you have been welcomed warmly. Cool. Cool.

So the books that you absolutely love, I can take a guess and say they're fantasy? Oh, I tried to read LOTR, and it got so complex. Yeah, that's the right word. Complex. My younger sister read the Hobbit and she liked it. Oh and, my sisters and I have watched all the movies. We love them all!!

I've never heard of Andy Goldsworthy. Is he a modern artist? My mom's a artist or more like artist-in-training. She mostly loves the Impressionism era for art. And she loves art history. Do you like art history?

When you say you're at home, does that mean you're home-schooled? Let's see I went to a public high school for a year and and few months. Took tutoring for several moths. And by my junior year I started as a virtual student. And now, I'm a virtual student for a senior, also. And you know what?

I hate it. I really do. I wish I could go to college now. School on the interest is sooooo...boring! Don't do it. I warn you, don't do it!

*looks up* Wow. I did write a lot. Well, if you ever wanna talk, you can do so. See you around!

*Merry

P.S. Is Rach short for Rachel? I mean, for you.
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:16 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey Rach.

I am a fantasy writer too.

I suggest you check out the usergroup here. They have some fantasy ones and they are awesome.

well, if you need anything, please feel free to pm me.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:52 pm
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

Hey Rach. Salutations. PM if you need anything.
I'm Jade. Have fun. :]
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

1333 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1333
Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:50 am
Hannah says...

I mostly enjoy fantasies like Lord of the Rings, but I do read others. Well to be honest I'll read any book that I find, even if it's 10 pages long and about bugs. ¬_¬

AHAHA!!! :lol:

I'm sorry, that made me laugh~ !! I'd totally read a 10 page long book about bugs as long as it didn't have horrible writing... but then again, I'd probably still read it! That reminds me of a book I used to read almost EVERY NIGHT because it was such an easy read -- Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, I think. I'm almost certain I read it three nights in a row in its entirety. -eyetwitch-

Anyways, welcome to the site! ^_^ I'm Hannah, and I'm relatively new as well {I mean, I've only been here a couple of days, so yeah, I'm still a newbie!}. I think you'll find this place absolutely amazing. If you ever need anything reviewed/critiqued, just shoot me a PM and I'll be on it! ^_^

-huggles-

-Hannah-

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:26 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hi Rach and welcome to YWS! I'm WaterVyper, or whatever you want to call me. Anywho, great to know more about you. Do you have any interests in music? Movies? Fantasy buff, hm? That won't be a problem. I swear that at least a quarter of the population here is interested in fantasy. I'm one too. THough I'm more of a sci-fantasy. Oh well, great to meet you.

Oh my goodness! I seriously can't get enough of your avi. I can watch it everyday. It's so hypnotizing.

I so totally agree! My brother does too. Any stickman death stuff makes us crack up. Yours especially. I'll make sure to look out for it again. And not just your avvie. I'll be looking out for your works too. Checking portfolio....once I'm done with this post. Anyway, feel free to PM me if you have a question, need a review, or just want to chat. I'll be seeing ya. Into the portfolio....now!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:03 pm
*DaughteroftheMoon* says...

The Singing is a great book! I have read it already! Anyways, welcome to YWS and I'm happy that you like it! So everyone has already explained the rules, (I always get here last) So if you need help or reviews, feel free to PM me.
~Alyss
Amor Vincit Omnia

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:34 pm
sudz_amigo says...

Hey Rach! I'm Sudz. Welcome to YWS! As you've probably already experienced this is a GREAT place!

Even I'd read anything that comes under my nose! And..er.. I have to admit, just a couple of days back when I read all of my books atleast three times in the past couple of months and was extremely bored, I read my kiddo cousin's book called " Dogs don't wear sneakers!" :oops:

So... see you around and just PM me if you think I'd be able to help you. Awesome avvie by the way! :lol:

20 Reviews

Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:34 pm
SheepMonoxide says...

Woah. I got loads of replies. Um, glad you like my avitar. xD I watch it everyday too. o_O
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I'll come on here more often !!

- William Shakespeare

The continuation of our world depends more on the survival of the kindest than it does on the survival of the fittest.
— Arcticus