z

Young Writers Society

Hellooooo

Reviews: 0
Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:23 am
Readoholic says...

Hey everybody,
I'm from Australia and I am crazy about reading and writing! And just plain crazy! It is my dream to write a book that somebody will read and say "Hey, this is a pretty good book" and maybe even recomend it to their friend. I do need to learn my grammer a bit better though, but I will learn it! :smt068 (Im shooting grammer if your wonderig!)
And if anybody knows of any writing competitions that are completely free and for younger writers could they tell me please,cause that would be awesome!
Well goodbye for now but not forever! (Yes thats right, I got that from a little kids show)

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:32 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

So, two main rules on YWS:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. That helps make sure everybody gets a review. Plus, people are a lot more willing to look at your work if you've looked at theirs. :wink: It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio.
2- Minimize chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations and alliteration is okay, just don't overdo it. And about the proper grammar thing, it's not that strict.

You'll find Ausies on here. I'm not sure of the exact number, but there are quite a few.

Just about everybody is crazy here in one way or another. About writing and reading, of course, but you'll find some weird stuff here. I'm sure you'll fit right in!

Check out the Contest forum for contests run by fellow YWSers. If you want a bit more then that, check out The Lounge for an announcement that lists some. Or you could ask in The Lounge strait out.

Tell us more about yourself! What do you like to read? write? Favourite authors? Books?

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:40 pm
cheese9975 says...

Hey hey! Welcome to YWS! Keep in mind those rules Rosey gave you and you'll be golden! It seems you'll fit right in here in no time, everybody's a little eccentric, as Rosey said, so you'll come across some pretty interesting folk. Should we call you Readaholic or is there something else you prefer? Let us know!

If you need anything, just PM me, I'd be happy to help!

xoxo,
Shannon
"The manatee has become the mento." -Tracy Jordan

"Live every week like it's shark week." -Tracy Jordan
^30 Rock is love

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:39 pm
*DaughteroftheMoon* says...

Welcome here to YWS! So what is your favorite to write? Short stories?Poetry? or maybe Lyrics? There are some contests, look in the contests forums, although often its points and reviews as prizes. When you post just try your best to check your grammar. Some people will shred you pieces about it. (Not me of course} :) So if you have any questions or need any help (or a review) then let please PM me. I'll be happy to help.
~Alyss
Amor Vincit Omnia

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:58 pm
Merry_Haven says...

*Readoholic~

Hello. I see you have been welcomed warmly. Cool. Cool.

Australia? How is it down there? Still hot? (that was a joke) (okay, my jokes suck. Majorly)

Yeah, I'm sure every aspiring writer wants someone to say their novel is good and amazing. Wouldn't that be a good dream. *cough* I mean, goal.

Don't worry! If you're having grammar problems, people here are glad to help.

When you say you are looking for competitions, do you mean off of this site or not? Well, this a completely free contest for young writers!

http://www.polyphonyhs.com/submit/contest.html

It's the Claudia Ann Seaman Awards for young writers. And for everyone who's reading this, feel free to do it also.

Well, if you ever wanna chat, feel free to do so! See you around.

*Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:12 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to YWS.

Tell us more about yourself! What do you like to read? write? Favourite authors? Books? What genre are you writing?

Well, if you need anything, please feel free to pm me.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

We all share half a braincell that bounces like a windows screensaver
— WeepingWisteria