z

Young Writers Society

So, there was this thing...

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:10 am
Avens Dolor says...

It's been a while since I've officially been around, so I thought I'd reintroduce myself.

My name is Anna but I go by Avens. I'm a college student who thinks she has no time on her hands, but really just suffers from writer's block. Which might explain why I missed out on NaNo's tenth anniversary. It was a sad day. Or a sad month, really. But then there were term papers to be written, about Hemmingway and human rights..

I hosted the "First Five Pages" novel contest on these forums back in the fall, and then kind of dropped off the radar except for the odd crit, but I'll be more than happy to edit your work if you ask me to, and I'll follow your blog if you do the same.

I'm also the 2007 winner of Scholastic's novel contest, but I only mention this because I love helping young writers and hope to get others interested in the competition. If you only enter one writing contest in high school, go with Scholastic. :)

I like Craisins, Peach-Os, and YA Fantasy, and obviously need more sleep.

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:20 pm
fragile_heart(!) says...

Hey!
I found out about that contest through Gotham Writers' Workshop, which is an exceptional course, might I add. I was looking into entering, but I ended up procrastinating too far and missing the dead line. Boo-hoo.
Anyhow, I got back on track and entered a piece into the YWSLJ, and I'm hoping they accept! (yn)

Anyways, it's great to hear back from you. I'm a new addition to the YWS family, but I'm getting the hang of things around here. I'll be adding some new stuff sometime or another, so feel free to critique and I promise I'll critique back.

Congrats on winning!
- fragile_heart(!)

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:48 pm
Stori says...

Welcome, Avens! I'm a fan of the fantastic too. (Try saying that three times fast.)

What authors do you like? Have you ever heard of Bryan Davis? Maybe you don't read much Christian work.

"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask, there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."
— V for Vendetta